New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: JINXIE is coming to Louisville...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

One of JESSE's Kansas City buddies is driving way out of his way on his trip to North Carolina to play trivia with us at Old Chicago on Westport Road, in Louisville. I'm not sure, if I spelled JINXIE right, but his his real name is Don. JESSE says he is a good trivia player, and believes in sharing answers to get a good bar score.

JINXIE will be joining us this coming Thursday (June 21st). Dave (DHB) and I will be there to greet him to Louisville, and I hope that a lot of you other local people could be there too. Let's welcome him to Louisville in a way that he doesn't feel like he wasted a whole lot of gasoline, money, mileage, and time to take the long route to North Carolina to meet us.

Post subject: Re: JINXIE is coming to Louisville...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:35 am 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy, call me Thursday and remind me. I know with work and family I'm going to forget. Also, I'll try to make it to live trivia tomorrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:43 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

I will try my hardest to be there at least briefly. I have to leave Lou at 5 am the next morning, so I can't stay out too late -- no rest for the wicked workers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

DANTE, I can understand the early flight problem, but if you pack your suitcase ahead of time, put it the back seat of your car, sleep in the car, Sarah can get you to the airport in the morning, and you can catch up on the sleep you might have missed, by snoring your way to where you are going. :lol:

I haven't had much of a phone list of people to call about things like this since Friday's dropped trivia. If you could make a few calls to people you know, it might help.

I will give you a reminder call Thursday.

p.s. I'm a little confused about your comment about "live trivia". I'm guessing that you are talking about "SciFiles" Wednesday at Old Chicago. I think DHB and I can make it. Let me know if I guessed right. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:13 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Cloudy wrote:
DANTE, I can understand the early flight problem, but if you pack your suitcase ahead of time, put it the back seat of your car, sleep in the car, Sarah can get you to the airport in the morning, and you can catch up on the sleep you might have missed, by snoring your way to where you are going. :lol:

I haven't had much of a phone list of people to call about things like this since Friday's dropped trivia. If you could make a few calls to people you know, it might help.

I will give you a reminder call Thursday.

p.s. I'm a little confused about your comment about "live trivia". I'm guessing that you are talking about "SciFiles" Wednesday at Old Chicago. I think DHB and I can make it. Let me know if I guessed right. :D

That was Yoda with the Live comment

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Cloudy wrote:

Alas, if it were flying, that would be an option, but I'll be driving the wee little Mazda 3s.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:10 am 
Golden Tee Master

Dante wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Alas, if it were flying, that would be an option, but I'll be driving the wee little Mazda 3s.

Figures you would own a 3, get a Mazda 6 like other normal people. :P

Post subject: Jinxie was a no-show...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

We didn't have much of a welcoming committee up at Old Chicago for Jinxie last night, but it didn't matter. Something must have happened to Jinxie's travel plans, because he never showed up. :(

Post subject: Re: Jinxie was a no-show...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:12 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
We didn't have much of a welcoming committee up at Old Chicago for Jinxie last night, but it didn't matter. Something must have happened to Jinxie's travel plans, because he never showed up. :(

did he not call you?

Post subject: Re: Jinxie was a no-show...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

did he not call you?

Nope, he didn't. Both JESSE and I tried to call him. I don't know if JESSE got through to him, but I just got his voice mail.