New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:16 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Vacationing in Orlando, FL 6/30 through 7/5. Any recommendations? O Shucks looks like a fun possibility

Post subject: Re: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:24 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I have a friend (CORNO) who plays at the Bdubs in Kissimmee, but besides that I'm not familiar with any other sites.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:20 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I made it to Orlando Saturday. International Drive is about a 3/4 mile walk from our hotel where O Shucks and Buffalo Wild Wings are. The traffic is horrendous and it's time for our daily walk so we take off. While she's browsing the Titanic museum I head to O Shucks and say oh shucks smoking is permitted. I feel like I'm walking into Pocket's Pool and Pub in Tallahassee. Just two blocks up the street is smoke-free Buffalo Wild Wings so I head there. The only two trivia players are leaving as Playback begins so I ask for five boxes to try for a top 20 bar score. I have seven boxes at my disposal and in the hour I'm there three die on me. I must log off TPG and log back in as myself. We don't rank in the top 20 after getting the final question correct on all five boxes but again I'm astounded at the number of establishments with uncharged/non-functioning equipment. The wife and I head to Nile's Ethiopian Restaurant for a very enjoyable dinner then back to our hotel to plan our tourist destinations.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:26 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

O Shucks is a very nice place to play. If you're staying in that area, the touristy center of Orlando, it's probably the best place for serious trivia players. They have good players and pretty enlightened staff. It has much more of a local tavern feel than any of the other (mostly nat'l chain) NTN sites in the area. Your bartender will most likely be one of the three owners and he'll be aware of NTN's contribution to his bottom line.

If you have wheels and can get around O-town, my favorite places would be Holly Dolly or the Friendly Confines but they're miles from the theme-park neighborhood.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:54 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Hunk wrote:
I'm astounded at the number of establishments with uncharged/non-functioning equipment. The wife and I head to Nile's Ethiopian Restaurant for a very enjoyable dinner then back to our hotel to plan our tourist destinations.

Glad you had an enjoyable meal.

I play at times at a location the 7 of 15 boxes working. I got the day bartender to call Buzztime, but she hung up after ten minutes because the BT person insisted on each box number, box serial number and a description of the problem with each individual box before they would send return authorization. Since then I got somebody more reasonable at BT, but still?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:06 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Buzztime seems to think that someone at locations is paid just to take care of Buzztime issues. The blue boxes are at the end of their useful life, and even good management can struggle to keep boxes going.

A service as expensive and time consuming as BT is probably not worth it. They really need to address this problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:32 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Probably too late on this, but the BW3s in Kississimee (sp?) is a great place to play.