New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Bo, you are first in line...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
I think Helene and I can show you a good time, and you won't need to pay for a hotel or rent a car. We will pick you up at the airport in Syracuse, drive you where you need to go, and give you a room to stay for free.

I've heard about couples like this, does it matter if the visitor is male or female or are the two of you equal opportunity?

Will there be a video camera in use? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bo, you are first in line for the other bedroom, but I'm sorry that we can't provide cameras for you, and whom you want to bring along with you, but feel free to bring your own cameras. No, Helene and I are pretty old fashioned, and just sleep together, but we don't care what you might want to do in your bedroom. Give me your flight number and ETA, and we'll meet you at the airport.

Post subject: Cloudy is headed to Upstate New York again...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy is headed to Upstate New York again, and anyone, who would like to join me, is more than welcome to. Just get yourself there, and within reason everything else will cost you little or nothing. I promise you a good time.

I'll be playing trivia at Carmella's in New Hartford, and if you can't be there to play along with my rag tag trivia group, watch for us on the NTN network top 20. We will probably guess our way onto it a couple of times.

I'll be there from August 27th through September 22nd.

p.s. If someone should think that while I'm gone, that it might be a good time to burglarize my house, I should warn them that I have two young burly guys, who live here too, and they will be at my house, while I am gone. (No joke.)

p.p.s. I'm not joking about my invitation to join me in Upstate New York. If you think it might be fun, send me a private message, and I will fill you in on what a great deal it is, and what a good time you will have. Your only expense will be your transportation to get there, and after that you will be Helene's and my guest. :D

Post subject: Cloudy is in North Miami Beach, FL...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:06 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy is in North Miami Beach, FL. through Oct. 22nd. Played at two places in Hollywood today: the "Whiskey Tango All American Grill" and "Rickey's Restaurant & Lounge" today. Will be back in Upstate New York, when I leave South Florida.

Any of you guys and gals got any suggestions as to trivia bars to check out while I'm in this part of Florida?

(Belated edit: Thinking of checking out "Bru's Room" in Pembroke Pines also.)

Last edited by Cloudy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Went to "Bru's Room"...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Image.....Image

Helene and I went to "Bru's Room" this afternoon. It was Sunday, there had to be well over 200 people there, and nobody was playing trivia. Every TV had football games on them, but thank God they don't have QB1, or nobody knows how to turn it on. I am not joking, the place must have more than 60 TVs, and Helene and I got a server to ask the manager if he would switch one of them to Buzztime trivia in a side room. The server came back, and told us the manager would, but if someone walked in and wanted a football game on that TV, he would turn Buzztime off. (The side room we were in had eight or nine TVs in it.)

The place seems to have some regular players that come in. Their lifetime Players' Plus points are fairly respectable, but their local monthly leader board scores were fairly pedestrian.

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Went to "Bru's Room"...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:09 pm 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
Helene and I went to "Bru's Room" this afternoon. It was Sunday, there had to be well over 200 people there, and nobody was playing trivia. Every TV had football games on them, but thank God they don't have QB1, or nobody knows how to turn it on. I am not joking, the place must have more than 60 TVs, and Helene and I got a server to ask the manager if he would switch one of them to Buzztime trivia in a side room. The server came back, and told us the manager would, but if someone walked in and wanted a football game on that TV, he would turn Buzztime off. (The side room we were in had eight or nine TVs in it.)

The place seems to have some regular players that come in. Their lifetime Players' Plus points are fairly respectible, but their local monthly leader board scores were fairly pedestrian.

Just take a look at the site's play history. Seems as though they play every weekday starting at 11am through mid-afternoon. It does amaze me at some of those Florida sites where players play all day every day and still can't break an egg.

Post subject: Back in Upstate New York...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Helene and I escaped south Florida and the millions of insane drivers on the crowded highways that kept missing us, as they tried to smash into our rental car and kill us. We're back in Upstate New York again, and will try to get over to Carmella's in New Hartford to play some trivia, before the week is out.

Post subject: Re: Went to "Bru's Room"...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Just take a look at the site's play history. Seems as though they play every weekday starting at 11am through mid-afternoon. It does amaze me at some of those Florida sites where players play all day every day and still can't break an egg.

BO,

Good Lord willing, and if I find the time, I will do my best to post something about the other two trivia bars I played at.

Cloudy

Post subject: "Whiskey Tango All American Grill"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Image ..... Image

The "Whiskey Tango All American Grill" in Hollywood Florida is a great place to play trivia. They've got 30 Playmakers, and will put trivia up on any TV screen you want. It is an upscale bar, and has been voted the best bar in the city in 2010, 2011, and 2012. (I would expect that they will receive the award again for 2013.) We were only there in the early afternoon the three times we went there, but they explained to us that they have all sorts of fun stuff that goes on in the evening. The food was good, and prices reasonable. The management and servers couldn't have been better, and treated us as royalty. I highly recommend this place to any of you, who are ever in the area.

Last edited by Cloudy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: "Rickey's Restaurant & Lounge"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Image .....

"Rickey's Restaurant & Lounge" in Hollywood Florida is a little different than the other two. It's about 4 or 5 miles up the same street that "Whiskey Tango" is on. It's a small neighborhood bar, and finding a place to park is a bit of a problem. However, once you are there I think you will like the place. It's kind of a good ol' boy bar, but the good ol' boys, who play there, have some pretty respectable Players Plus total lifetime numbers. Best I could tell it's not a team sharing bar, and they play as individuals. I got into a game with SGTSVG. He was damn good, but I won the game. We were leaving, and I went over and talked to him. He was very friendly. It's a place I would go back to again, and try to get them to share answers and play as a team.

If you aren't intimidated by a neighborhood, good ol' boy trivia bar in Florida, I highly recommend this place.

Post subject: Re: "Rickey's Restaurant & Lounge"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:16 pm 
Centenarian

Hey Cloudy,

Wish I had checked this forum last week. If I had known you were in my neck of the woods, I would have made it a point to meet up with you. Though it looks like you spent most of your time on the east side of town. You'd have to drive Hollywood Boulevard practically to the Everglades to get to my stomping grounds.

Cloudy wrote:
Best I could tell it's not a team sharing bar, and they play as individuals.

I can't think of a team sharing bar down here. Definitely no Showdown teams.

Post subject: Damn, wish we could have hooked up to play trivia...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Noles wrote:
Hey Cloudy,

Wish I had checked this forum last week. If I had known you were in my neck of the woods, I would have made it a point to meet up with you. Though it looks like you spent most of your time on the east side of town. You'd have to drive Hollywood Boulevard practically to the Everglades to get to my stomping grounds.

Cloudy wrote:

Damn, I wish we could have hooked up while Helene and I were in your neck of the woods. It may be a long time before we get down there again.

p.s. Driving on I-95 was quite an experience down there. I thought it would have been an Interstate Highway that would allow me to get to my destination quickly and safely. Intstead it was a nightmare, where I had to use every defensive driving trick I knew to keep hundreds of insane drivers from crashing into me, when they wanted to occupy the space that I was driving in. It was almost as bad on the secondary roads. Several times I allowed other drivers to get onto the street instead of blocking them off, as everyone else was doing. The people I let in looked at me as if I was insane, and I think they wondered what dumb place I learned how to drive. :lol:

Yeah, you can find bad drivers everywhere. However, other than south Florida, I have never driven anywhere else, where I encountered a place where pretty much everyone behind the wheel was an insane threat, zigging and zagging from lane to lane, with no regard to other cars on the highway.

p.p.s. Next time I go down to south Florida I don't think I will drive myself. Instead, I will find the taxi driver I rode with in Okinawa, who jumped the curb, and drove down the sidewalk in a shopping district to bypass a traffic jam to drive me around. :lol: (Not a joke. It actually happened. He barely missed shoppers coming out of shops, causing them to drop their shopping bags to jump out of the way, as he sped down the sidewalk.)

Post subject: Re: Damn, wish we could have hooked up to play trivia...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:45 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Cloudy wrote:
Noles wrote:
Hey Cloudy,

Cloudy wrote:

Damn, I wish we could have hooked up while Helene and I were in your neck of the woods. It may be a long time before we get down there again.

p.s. Driving on I-95 was quite an experience down there. I thought it would have been an Interstate Highway that would allow me to get to my destination quickly and safely. Intstead it was a nightmare, where I had to use every defensive driving trick I knew to keep hundreds of insane drivers from crashing into me, when they wanted to occupy the space that I was driving in. It was almost as bad on the secondary roads. Several times I allowed other drivers to get onto the street instead of blocking them off, as everyone else was doing. The people I let in looked at me as if I was insane, and I think they wondered what dumb place I learned how to drive. :lol:

Yeah, you can find bad drivers everywhere. However, other than south Florida, I have never driven anywhere else, where I encountered a place where pretty much everyone behind the wheel was an insane threat, zigging and zagging from lane to lane, with no regard to other cars on the highway.

p.p.s. Next time I go down to south Florida I don't think I will drive myself. Instead, I will find the taxi driver I rode with in Okinawa, who jumped the curb, and drove down the sidewalk in a shopping district to bypass a traffic jam to drive me around. :lol: (Not a joke. It actually happened. He barely missed shoppers coming out of shops, causing them to drop their shopping bags to jump out of the way, as he sped down the sidewalk.)

I'd have to say Boston was where I most feared all the other drivers.

Post subject: Re: CLOUDY is headed back to Upstate New York...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tomorrow morning I'm flying off to Upstate New York again for a very long visit. I will be there through January 6, 2014. Helene, some friends, and I will be playing trivia at Carmella's in New Hartford (A Utica, NY suburb.) whenever we can get over there from Rome. When we do, we will usually be playing earlier games. We seldom stay beyond 6:00 or 7:00 o'clock in the evening.

Sadly, we will probably be playing the final trivia games at Carmella's, because it is expected that the restaraunt will be dropping it at the end of the year. :cry: After that, the closest trivia bar will be Buffalo Wild Wings in Cicero, NY, a little north of Syracuse. That's slightly more than an hour's drive from Rome, which means that our trivia playing will be greatly reduced. :(

Unlikely as it might be, If any of you guys or gals might be within an hours drive of Rome, NY, from November 12, 2013 through January 5, 2014, please let me know, and maybe we can hook up. :D

p.s. The day I fly back to Louisville, January 6th, is Sherlock Holmes' birthday. (Additionally, I should tell you that Holmes was born in 1854, just in case it shows up as a Buzztime trivia question some time.)

Post subject: CLOUDY is headed back to Upstate New York again...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

CLOUDY is headed back to Upstate New York again...

I leave Louisville on January 24th and will return on March 25th.

If any of you might be in the Syracuse area, while I'm there, please let me know. Now that Carmella's in Utica has dropped NTN, Helene and I will be playing Buzztime trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings in Cicero, NY again. It's about an hour's drive from Rome, NY, so we won't be playing there a whole lot. However, if the unlikely event that any of you will be in the area, we will make a special effort to join you.

p.s. If you might be able to join us, please send me a private message, and I will give you my cell phone number.

Post subject: I'm back...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'm back in Louisville after nearly three months in Upstate New York. When I'm up there it's difficult for me to post on the "ScaRatings", because I actually have a social life when I'm there. I know I've got a lot of catching up to do, and will do my best to reply to those of you, who posted to the threads where I usually hang out. Please forgive me, if my absence makes anyone think that I was ignoring them. :D

Post subject: Going back up to Rome, NY on May 6th
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'll be going back up to Rome, NY on May 6th. I'll probably be up there for a month or two. In the extremely unlikely event that any of you guys or gals might be in that neck of the woods at the same time, please let me know, and maybe we can hook up at one of the Buzztime trivia bars in Syracuse. :D

(I'm Back in Louisville.)

Last edited by Cloudy on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Going back up to Rome, NY on May 6th
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:45 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Cloudy wrote:
I'll be going back up to Rome, NY on May 6th. I'll probably be up there for a month or two. In the extremely unlikely event that any of you guys or gals might be in that neck of the woods at the same time, please let me know, and maybe we can hook up at one of the Buzztime trivia bars in Syracuse. :D

http://www.drf.com/news/finger-lakes-op ... s-calendar

Keep going past Syracuse and you can play at a racetrack

Post subject: Farmington, NY is too far...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

http://www.drf.com/news/finger-lakes-op ... s-calendar

Keep going past Syracuse and you can play at a racetrack

Farmington, NY is approximately 25 miles southeast of Rochester. That's too long a drive from Rome, NY just to play trivia. A one hour drive to Syracuse is bad enough, a two hour drive to the race track near Rochester is just too far. :cry:

Post subject: Back to Rome, NY again...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

On Thursday, July 31st, I'm headed back to Rome, NY again. I'm not sure how long I'll be there, because the lady friend I'm going to see has had severe complications from her spinal surgery, and she will need me to help her, when she is released from the Betsy Ross rehab facility. It is doubtful if we will be able to play Buzztime trivia for a long time. We will see how it goes, but it isn't very likely that we will be able to make the one hour drive to Buffalo Wild Wings in Cicero, NY, while I'm there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:09 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Do you never hit up Virginia?

Post subject: The last time...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

mrgray wrote:
Do you never hit up Virginia?

The last time I was in Virginia was when I was going through Marine Officer Candidate School in Quantico in 1969. I'd like to get back there sometime, but I don't know whenever that might be.

p.s. I'm sure you know this. Kentucky was once part of Virginia, so in a far off way from the past, it could be said that I'm kind of in Virginia now. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:37 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

We Virginians don't like to talk about land lost. I am sure you understand.

Post subject: Yep, Virginia has lost a lot of territory...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

mrgray wrote:
We Virginians don't like to talk about land lost. I am sure you understand.

Yep, Virgina has lost a lot of territory over the years.

My reseach may be a little bit flawed, but here's the list of territory that Virginia has lost that I came up with:

- Bermuda, which was administered by Virginia until 1776

- The western part of Pennsylvania in 1780

- What are now the states of Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana in 1784

- What became the District of Columbia in 1791

- What became West Virginia in 1861

Hell, if you guys still held all of that territory, Virginia would certainly be bigger than Texas, and Alaska wouldn't be that far ahead of you. (I did no serious research on this comment. It's just a good guess.) :lol:

Dang, do you realize how many electoral votes Virginia would have today, with the population that now lives in all of that area? :lol:

Last edited by Cloudy on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:21 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Not only that, but we'd have much more to back up the title Mother of Presidents. Haven't birthed one since Wilson.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I've been back in Rome, NY, for about a month now. My lady friend, Helene, had spinal surgery, which did not go well. She is in the Betsy Ross rehab facility here, and making slow progress on learning to walk again. My days are spent on helping her get around and taking her places. I have no idea how long I will be here, but I don't expect to return to Louisville as long as she needs me to help her.

The daily routine is quite exhausting, and when I get back to the house I don't have much energy left to get on the "ScaRatings". I'll try to check out a few threads on the "ScaRatings" tonight, and make a few posts. Hopefully, things will get better and I will be able to join you guys and gals more frequently in the future.

p.s. Helene and I have actually made two trips to Syracuse, and got to play trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings in Cicero, NY. We had a good time, but couldn't stay very long, because she became tired and needed to go back to Rome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next