New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Wife's semi-annual sales meeting in Tupelo, MS
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:12 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

LaNora's semi-annual sales meeting is in Tupelo, MS this week. We left Tallahassee, FL Friday and made it only to Prattville, AL less than a halfway point. I did have an enjoyable time playing at Beef O'Brady's Friday night and Lunchtime Trivia at the Mellow Mushroom. After a political discussion the gentleman to the left of me said he wanted 18 wings at Beef O'Brady's, all right wings. LaNora and I shared a spinach salad and a Pepperoni and Broccoli medium pizza. Very light, grain crust and very tasty. After trying to explain to our waitress how we ranked #3 in Lunchtime trivia we paid our bill and hit the road. I plan several evenings at Buffalo Wild Wings in Tupelo this while the wife works, shops, eats dinner with co-workers, etc.

Post subject: Re: Wife's semi-annual sales meeting in Tupelo, MS
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hunk wrote:
LaNora's semi-annual sales meeting is in Tupelo, MS this week. We left Tallahassee, FL Friday and made it only to Prattville, AL less than a halfway point. I did have an enjoyable time playing at Beef O'Brady's Friday night and Lunchtime Trivia at the Mellow Mushroom. After a political discussion the gentleman to the left of me said he wanted 18 wings at Beef O'Brady's, all right wings. LaNora and I shared a spinach salad and a Pepperoni and Broccoli medium pizza. Very light, grain crust and very tasty. After trying to explain to our waitress how we ranked #3 in Lunchtime trivia we paid our bill and hit the road. I plan several evenings at Buffalo Wild Wings in Tupelo this while the wife works, shops, eats dinner with co-workers, etc.

Sounds like a good place to play trivia. I never would have guessed that Tupelo would have that many places to play trivia. Out of curiosity, did the places you went to play trivia as a team, or was it dog-eat-dog?

p.s. Very few waiters and bartenders understand what Network Rankings mean, let alone know that the bar/restaurant needs at least five boxes playing for their establishment to have a chance of showing up in the top twenty.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:06 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
Hunk wrote:

Sounds like a good place to play trivia. I never would have guessed that Tupelo would have that many places to play trivia. Out of curiosity, did the places you went to play trivia as a team, or was it dog-eat-dog?

p.s. Very few waiters and bartenders understand what Network Rankings mean, let alone know that the bar/restaurant needs at least five boxes playing for their establishment to have a chance of showing up in the top twenty.

BWW is only the 2nd place that has ever had the game as far as I know. The problem is the local closing time laws. Of course those laws apply only to alcohol. When I was growing up the only liquor that could be bought was from a trailer in the woods. :lol: Maybe they have progressed a little. ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:43 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
BWW is only the 2nd place that has ever had the game as far as I know. The problem is the local closing time laws. Of course those laws apply only to alcohol. When I was growing up the only liquor that could be bought was from a trailer in the woods. :lol: Maybe they have progressed a little. ;)

I think I might have missed that "Beef O'Brady's Friday night and Lunchtime Trivia at the Mellow Mushroom" were in Prattville, instead of Tupelo. I'm getting lost here, but I think that the southern states have some pretty good places to play trivia. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:39 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I know that Southaven and Memphis do as I've played in both places and they have a reasonable amount of players present.

Post subject: I've got a question...
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
I know that Southaven and Memphis do as I've played in both places and they have a reasonable amount of players present.

I've got a question... In your travels do you find trivia bars that have teams that share answers, or do you find places where everyone is playing dog-eat-dog?

Post subject: Re: I've got a question...
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:13 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
Gogetem wrote:

I've got a question... In your travels do you find trivia bars that have teams that share answers, or do you find places where everyone is playing dog-eat-dog?

First of all I will explain that when visiting a different area, I will try to play at a site that is seen on the ratings. If not, of course I'll visit another one. I would guess about 80% for sharing, 20% for dog-eat-dog or cut throat as we call it. Of course Sndbgr usually tags along with me and you can tell by his handle what his style of play is. I try to slip away, but somehow he manages to hide in my luggage or trunk or wherever he can sneak in. :evil: