New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Road Warrior takes on Hartford, CT
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:20 pm 

It looks like I'm going to be in Hartford, Connecticut on a number of game days over the next few months. My research points me toward:

The Adams Mill Restaurant
165 Adams St
Manchester, CT 06042

As the place to be. Anyone from that location on here? Or does anyone here know it by reputation?

Post subject: Re: The Road Warrior takes on Hartford, CT
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Adam's Mill just won Showdown a couple of weeks ago, so yeah, they are pretty good. I am sure they would welcome you, too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Although the Mill is not my home bar, I play there fairly often. They play as a team and expect their guests to do likewise. They are always there in force on Tuesdays, and are often strong on most other nights as well. Their Player-Plus leader and one of the best trivia players I know is Al/TWIT. He is also gifted with an awesome singing voice, and if you mention song lyrics or titles, he is practically a walking jukebox. :mrgreen:

One quirky thing (in my opinion) is that on Tuesdays, a group of about five players form a separate subteam (the "table") and the "bar" and "table" teams do not help the other team. During the Tuesday premium games, a house rule in effect is that players can only use one box. Were it not for the split teams and the one-box rule, I'm sure the Mill would have many more Showdown wins, as both of these subgroups have their star players.

There are two Scaratings members who have the Mill as their home bar, namely tchoinere and richte09. (Both are at the "bar". 8-) )

-- RWM

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:12 am 

Cool! Thanks for the updates. I normally play a single box, and I'm happy to share/team. (I like the old "Coaches" rule - If you have a hunch, it is OK to be wrong, but it is NOT OK to be silent.)

I'll plan on being there tonight!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:25 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

We are usually out in force on Tuesdays and Wednesdays as a full team. Other nights are more hit or miss. We share with no issues. If its a guess, please just say so...see you tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:22 pm 
Centenarian

Was great to have you, and helped our score even though the mighty Stringz took us out convincingly :( , but we go into round 3 of sanbagger with a great shot to advance :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:09 pm 

I'm in town this week, but feeling a bit rough. I'll try to make it in tonight, though, if I can.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:52 am 

I would like to again take this opportunity to publicly apologize for any miscommunication last night. Although my conscience is clear with regard to my intent and participation, it saddens me to know I will not be able to convince everyone of that. I have no desire to become a cause of friction to a well-established team. Therefore, if it is your decision that I will no longer be welcome, I will try find another way to occupy my Tuesday nights for the duration of my time in Hartford.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:22 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Librty wrote:
I would like to again take this opportunity to publicly apologize for any miscommunication last night. Although my conscience is clear with regard to my intent and participation, it saddens me to know I will not be able to convince everyone of that. I have no desire to become a cause of friction to a well-established team. Therefore, if it is your decision that I will no longer be welcome, I will try find another way to occupy my Tuesday nights for the duration of my time in Hartford.

It was just a bad night for all of us. All of us were all over the place and everybody was saying different things at the same time - nobody's fault. Please just be more assertive when you know something and shout it out more

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:43 pm 
Centenarian

I said my peace on the other post, but we have very clear rules and they were very clear in previous posts, we are a very competive site and are always involved in competition whether it is with our cross state rival AOH or buzztime sponsored tournaments or player organized tournaments like the Sandbagger. So we share as team bottom line, I wish you luck wherever you play, but if you team play with established teams elsewhere, I would rethink how you play so there is no "mis- :| communication"