New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kickback Jack's Asheboro (Asheboro, NC)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:27 pm 
Centenarian

I'm on my way to Myrtle Beach, SC but decided to stay in Asheboro, NC for the night instead of going all the way. I picked this particular place because it had a hotel next to a trivia site. This is the review that I posted tonight about my experience.

I am a regular trivia player and I was disappointed by Kickback Jack’s service. First when I got there, no televisions were on trivia, it was a Sunday but only one game was on at least 20 big screens (Broncos @ Cowboys on CBS), a couple of tvs for baseball (MLB playoffs on TBS) and then about 5 or 6 tvs on FOX with The Simpsons on. I did not get a playmaker or the one television I requested until I had been there for about 20 minutes and a couple minutes later my food came out. Then I find that the only way to play at this location is if you are a local or as a guest. This was extremely annoying and aggravating that even after I had gotten a playmaker and a tv I still could not login. I’m not someone that travels often but when I do, I like to play trivia at new locations and try new foods. I would have to say the high point for this particular establishment is their food. I had a really great Hawaiian pizza with sausage instead of ham. I also had some boneless wings with the best honey barbecue sauce I have ever had. Another unfortunate issue was the noise level. It was a Sunday and they had football on so that could be why it was so loud. It wasn’t so awful that I couldn’t take the noise but it was border line too loud. Unless it changes that visiting players be allowed to play with their own names then I won’t be back and would not recommend it as a place to visit.

Now is this common that if you are a visitor that you can't login if you haven't played at the location before? I thought this was really weird. You go all the way through the login process and then it says: "You can only login at this location if you have played here previously" or something similar. How could you have played previously without logging in. The only way would be if you signed up at that location. I've never experienced this before. I was hoping to play at least Showdown in Myrtle Beach and perhaps some Lunch Time trivia.

Post subject: Re: Kickback Jack's Asheboro (Asheboro, NC)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:15 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Thats a known bug for logging in. Not sure how to get past it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:31 am 

I think they might need an update to their main system. I remember running into this at a new location in the Indianapolis area, and they eventually got it resolved, but I think it took BT intervention.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:51 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

googie wrote:
Now is this common that if you are a visitor that you can't login if you haven't played at the location before? I thought this was really weird. You go all the way through the login process and then it says: "You can only login at this location if you have played here previously" or something similar. How could you have played previously without logging in. The only way would be if you signed up at that location. I've never experienced this before. I was hoping to play at least Showdown in Myrtle Beach and perhaps some Lunch Time trivia.

That happens when the system gets kicked offline. The last time I saw that login message on a playmaker was a few years ago when a severe thunderstorm had rolled through a few hours earlier in the day. As the correct games had already been downloaded that morning when the system was online (before the thunderstorm rolled through), we still got the correct speciality/premium games for that evening. But being offline, the commercials were absent and the game slowed between questions to compensate. But sometimes, the game will just speed up and the game will finish in about 40 minutes instead of the full hour. But either way, the problem will continue until the game gets online again. Given that the bar didn't even have trivia on, it's likely they're not even aware that there's a problem. The bar I was at where this occurred would only put trivia on a screen when someone asked for it. Not surprisingly, they then dumped buzztime once their contract was up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Poman has it right, it's just the BT computer at the bar was not connected to the internet at that time. I've seen it happen at a few places including Hardtimes. Usually back online quickly.

This bar, however, may be different. They are a new install and no scores have reported out since 10/1. I wouldn't have even tried this place seeing that info. They might have done something with the internet connection and have no clue the BT computer needs it on 24/7.

Always check the games info before going in to a new bar.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:10 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I agree with BUD... just do a little better research before playing on the road. Most needed info can be found on Buzztime's site.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I am leaning towards bug, one member of our team gets that message at 4 different bars in the area, consistently. I can log in, everyone else can but he can't.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

lewser wrote:
I am leaning towards bug, one member of our team gets that message at 4 different bars in the area, consistently. I can log in, everyone else can but he can't.

Is your guy on a mobile device? Never heard it happen to a handle, using a box like that at 4 places. Just a bar here or there and it was everyone. Usually ok next day.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!