New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How Many Sites Have you Played Buzztime at?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:48 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I started playing Buzztime back when it was NTN with the antenna boxes and overlays. On Thursday night, I played at Bar Number 250 - which I made it special and went to West Park Station in Cleveland. I happened to be in the site poor Toledo, OH (a whopping 6 sites, 5 of which are BW3's).

Is anyone else CDO (It has to be in alphabetical order) enough to keep track of this?

For the record I highly recommend a visit to this fine establishment in Cleveland. The hospitality was AWESOME!

Tiffany

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

Post subject: Re: How Many Sites Have you Played Buzztime at?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:05 am 
Lotsa Posta

205 which is puny in comparison to someone else in this part of the country.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:35 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Probably around 20 or so.

I may be missing a few. Some are just one visit too. In rough order of first visit.
Rafters in Amherst, MA (while in college and no P Plus member)
BWW in Windsor, Manchester and Southington, CT
Chicago Sam's in Enfield, CT
Rookie's (now Chicago Sam's) in Cromwell
TimeOut in Manchester, CT
Adam's Mill
Damon's Restaurant in Hartford
Uno's in Sturbridge, MA
BWW in North Port , FL
Buffalo Wings and Rings in North Port
Linksters in North Port
No Frills Pub in Arlington, TX
BWW in Arlington, TX
Pacific Beach Bar and Grill in SD, CA
BWW in Crystal City, VA
BWW in Leominster, MA
Meriden AOH in Meriden, CT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:17 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

4 fairly local, 3 out of state.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I counted 26 sites in Connecticut that currently have BT, at least 17 that are either out of business or that no longer have the game, and six places outside Connecticut, for an estimated total of 49 places.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:01 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I don't think I can match 200+, but how about this; does anyone else save and collect receipts from Buzztime locations? I'm wondering if I have the largest collection of souvenired location visits, now at 82.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:45 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

My total is 167 - give or take - in the last 20+ years.
Only 40 or so still have Buzztime. (Including all the Black Angus that recently re-joined.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

First of all, TEVERETT, get rid of the "at".

Other than dozens and dozens, I have no idea. However, I do remember playing NTN trivia in 13 different bars in one day. Including Fshman, Dr. Mega Hertz, and an old girlfriend, Pat, who all rode along in my old Toyota Previa mini van that day, I would guess that could be a one day record. :lol:

I will tell you this. From what I know, I think the person, who has played NTN trivia at more different sites than anyone in the World is none other than our own beloved Liljol...!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
First of all, TEVERETT, get rid of the "at".

Other than dozens and dozens, I have no idea. However, I do remember playing NTN trivia in 13 different bars in one day. Including Fshman, Dr. Mega Hertz, and an old girlfriend, Pat, who all rode along in my old Toyota Previa mini van that day, I would guess that could be a one day record. :lol:

I will tell you this. From what I know, I think the person, who has played NTN trivia at more different sites than anyone in the World is none other than our own beloved Liljol...!

Years ago, DAWG and I hit every BT site in Hillbillyville in one weekend, which was 14...I think.

NOLES and tried to do it again later, wwhen WV had 21 sites, but came up short. Eastern and northern panhandle sites made it about impossible, and then there was the site in Alderson, which DID make it impossible.

I've been to over 150 sites in my 12 years of "banging away"*.

*"banging away"--proprietory rights of liljol. Used without permission.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:24 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I would say one more than LILJOL... if I live another 100 years.

Not sure of the exact number but here is a rough list.

About any place that had it in the Dayton, Ohio area in the last 20 years. (BW3s, Cadillac Jacks, Elsa's)
A dozen or so in the Cincinnati region. (Bargos, Bill's Open Door, Wings and Rings)
A handful in Columbus. (Rackems)
One in Cleveland area. (Harry Buffalo?)
Several others across Ohio
A couple in Indy (86th Street Pub)
Several in Pittsburgh (Barking Shark, Getaway Cafe)
Several in West Virginia (Wherever Tiefly took me)
A few in Virginia (Tooties, Rick's Cuban Cafe)
Some in South Carolina (Mrytle Beach and Columbia)
BadBob's bar in Charotte, NC
Kippers in Georgia
A few in Florida (Houligan's in Ormond Beach, Chase Club and several others in Tampa)
Bdubs and Magic Mushroom in Johnson City, Tennessee
Draft Pics in Mount Vernon, WA and a couple in the Everett area.
Dickmann's and a few BDubs in Kentucky
A place in Toronto

I'd guess a hundred something different ones.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 am 
Lord of Scaratings

I'd say probably 150-175.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Over the years it has been over 200, but I never kept count. I do remember the states I have played in and they add up to 16.

Post subject: I should have mentioned...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
However, I do remember playing NTN trivia in 13 different bars in one day. Including Fshman, Dr. Mega Hertz, and an old girlfriend, Pat, who all rode along in my old Toyota Previa mini van that day, I would guess that could be a one day record. :lol:

Years ago, DAWG and I hit every BT site in Hillbillyville in one weekend, which was 14...I think.

NOLES and tried to do it again later, wwhen WV had 21 sites, but came up short. Eastern and northern panhandle sites made it about impossible, and then there was the site in Alderson, which DID make it impossible.

Fourteen in a weekend isn't bad. However, try to do it in one day.

I should have mentioned that our four person "Nomads" team had a rule. We could not leave one bar, and head to the next until one of us made the local leader board. The only bar where we had to play two games to do it was at the other Friday's in Louisville, where one of their best players, Toolmn, won the first game.

The bars we had to hit didn't open until 11:00 am, so making the local leader board of all 13 before midnight was going to be really tough, especially when you consider driving time between them. It seemed almost impossible, but we did it, finishing our two state tour at our home bar, Friday's on Linn Station Road, on the midnight game. We came in #1 on the last game, bringing our total to four #1s for the day.

I should also add that when we did this, there were none of those 7 or 10 question short games that NTN has today. They were all 15 question half hour games, with one longer premium game that we had to get through.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:

Permission gladly granted. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Come on Liljol...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Come on Liljol. I know that you are not a braggart, and a humble person, who doesn't show off. However, put your humility aside for a second, and tell everyone how many different NTN sites you have played trivia at over the years.

I'm going to guess that you have played at over 400 different sites, which might be a low estimate.

Your friends on the "ScaRatings" would love to know the actual number. No one will think you are being braggadocios, because you have held off on telling us the number, when you could easily have posted it several days ago.

I know you to be a person, who does not boast or brag. However, simply telling your fans the number, after they asked you for it, would be neither boasting nor bragging.

Your friends would like to know, so we can boast and brag that we know you. :D :D :D

Post subject: Re: Come on Liljol...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:29 pm 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
Come on Liljol. I know that you are not a braggart, and a humble person, who doesn't show off. However, put your humility aside for a second, and tell everyone how many different NTN sites you have played trivia at over the years.

I'm going to guess that you have played at over 400 different sites, which might be a low estimate.

You're right, he's played at over 400 sites. However if you doubled that number I believe you would also be right.

Personally, I lost exact count of mine around the turn of the century, but it's probably between 350 and 400. At least 19 states off the top of my head not counting a few states that I logged into via mobile PM from a connecting airport. Did that a few months ago to GOD and BEA during SD, would have been funny to see the looks on their faces.

Post subject: Will Liljol tell...?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

You're right, he's played at over 400 sites. However if you doubled that number I believe you would also be right.

Personally, I lost exact count of mine around the turn of the century, but it's probably between 350 and 400. At least 19 states off the top of my head not counting a few states that I logged into via mobile PM from a connecting airport. Did that a few months ago to GOD and BEA during SD, would have been funny to see the looks on their faces.

Will Liljol tell...?

I'm thinking that he probably won't, because he doesn't think it would be polite to blow everyone else out of the water with an incredible number.

BO, I'm impressed with the 350 to 400 different NTN trivia sites where you have played. I've never counted mine, but if I had to guess, the number would be a lot less than 100.

p.s. I've got a feeling that CARDS might be up there with you guys too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:38 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:

Your friends on the "ScaRatings" would love to know the actual number. No one will think you are being braggadocios, because you have held off on telling us the number, when you could easily have posted it several days ago.

I know you to be a person, who does not boast or brag. However, simply telling your fans the number, after they asked you for it, would be neither boasting nor bragging.

Your friends would like to know, so we can boast and brag that we know you. :D :D :D

I'm going to guess that liljol has visited 760 different BT sites (or forms of different site: name changes, etc.) as of October 3, 2013.

Not sure where I came up with that number...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
I'm going to guess that liljol has visited 760 different BT sites (or forms of different site: name changes, etc.) as of October 3, 2013.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:33 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
tiefly wrote:

I am not nearly as travelled as LILJOL. I am guessing around 400 for me, maybe I will take some time to write them all down.

Off the top of my head 13 states.

Post subject: Re: Will Liljol tell...?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:50 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Cloudy wrote:
-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Will Liljol tell...?

I'm thinking that he probably won't, because he doesn't think it would be polite to blow everyone else out of the water with an incredible number.

BO, I'm impressed with the 350 to 400 different NTN trivia sites where you have played. I've never counted mine, but if I had to guess, the number would be a lot less than 100.

p.s. I've got a feeling that CARDS might be up there with you guys too.

Cloudy,

I have a goal of seeing all 50 states before I move on. Current number stands at 37 states and that is actually being in the state and not just stopping at an airport. But, my trivia play number is at 16 states. I have been to Minnesota several times, but never in an area that has trivia. Some states just don't have a lot of trivia sites. I would say I am a level or two below some of the big dogs on here as far as sites played.

Post subject: Re: Will Liljol tell...?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:58 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

cards wrote:
Cloudy,

I have a goal of seeing all 50 states before I move on. Current number stands at 37 states and that is actually being in the state and not just stopping at an airport. But, my trivia play number is at 16 states. I have been to Minnesota several times, but never in an area that has trivia. Some states just don't have a lot of trivia sites. I would say I am a level or two below some of the big dogs on here as far as sites played.
Similar here. In fact we embark on a road trip Friday that is scheduled feature dinner and trivia that night at (plug for anyone who wants to drop in) Old Chicago, Merrillville IN, which will bring my BT total to 16 states as well (plus the District of Columbia). Sunday and Monday I'll enter my 47th and 48th states. See you on the road!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:42 pm 

Two. Possibly three. Maybe more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:44 pm 

This is the STD forum, isn't it?