New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Yoda's First tour - Yard Sale
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:07 am 
Lotsa Posta

Well, not "first", but first since a very long time ago (in a galaxy.....nevermind)

Needing a "get away from it" for a while, but unable to afford too much in time and money. I also have a strong curiosity toward the World's Longest Yard Sale. For those who don't know, it's a weekend-long event that covers almost the whole Highway 127 from southern Michigan to Alabama.

http://www.127yardsale.com/

If things go as I hope they can go, I will cover the Kentucky portion of this yard sale on Friday August 5th. It'll take close to 3 hours to get to the southern most part of Cedar Knob, then drive Highway 127 to Covington. Non-stop, the drive would take about 5 hours, but I plan to stop along the way to look at the roadside vendors. Mostly looking for CD's of 40's and 50's style music, but you never know what you'll find at these stands.

Along the way, I was planning on stopping at the Buzztime sites. Guess what.......their ain't none. I'll be going through the heart of Kentucky's Bible Belt, which means no bars until I get half-way, Frankfort, and even then they only have one BW's. It won't be until I get to the northern KY area of Covington/Florence/Union/etc that I will find Buzztime bars.

I'm still working on the sites that I will hit, but my plan is to focus more on the yard sale route. To cut down on time, I'm going to avoid too many sites that are too far from the yard sale, until I get to Covington, and have a better idea of what time it is. Current thoughts would be leave Louisville at 6am, be at the yard sale starting point at 9am, then when you add 5 hours of road time, stops for shopping, and 3-4 Buzztime sites to Covington, it'll probably be close to 6pm when I get to the end of the yard sale route. At that time I'll assess the true time and amount of money I have, before I try to visit more sites in the Northern KY area.

If anyone on this board is in the Northern KY area, or knows someone in that area, and wants to meet up, please feel free to post to this thread and/or PM me, and we will get together. First beer is on me.

iniModaY