New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: St. Louis or Toledo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 pm 
U > 100 * 2

I live in Chicago, but I travel for work. I haven't found a good place to play yet in Arnold, MO (St. Louis) or Whitehouse, OH (Toledo). Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: St. Louis or Toledo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gypsy wrote:
I live in Chicago, but I travel for work. I haven't found a good place to play yet in Arnold, MO (St. Louis) or Whitehouse, OH (Toledo). Any suggestions?

I lived in Toledo for years, but all the places I played regularly closed or dropped trivia. There is a newer BWW in Maumee, but it seemed barnlike and noisy the one time I played there. Of course I haven't lived there for a while, so maybe there are some new spots. Best wishes finding your trivia home(s).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:35 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Five years ago I could have listed 7 or 8 bars in the St. Louis area with competitive teams playing 4 or 5 nights per week and now I can't name one. Time Out in St. Louis City (25 minutes north of Arnold) has a good group most Tuesdays. BWW South County ( 5 minutes north of Arnold) has a good population of active long time players. Check the "Premium Games" site activity on the Buzztime website.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:37 am 
U > 100 * 2

Thanks! I noticed Time Out mentioned several times on this site, so I'll have to check it out. Usually when I travel use my Buzztime app to find me a place to play but I'm often the only one playing. I recently started going to the Chicago sites with active trivia crowds and it's a lot more fun than playing by myself.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:43 am 
U > 100 * 2

ANON wrote:
There is a newer BWW in Maumee, but it seemed barnlike and noisy the one time I played there.

Yeah, I've been to that BWW. It was pretty noisy, but I was just happy to find one so close to my hotel. Sometimes I end up in a trivia desert. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gypsy wrote:
Thanks! I noticed Time Out mentioned several times on this site, so I'll have to check it out. Usually when I travel use my Buzztime app to find me a place to play but I'm often the only one playing. I recently started going to the Chicago sites with active trivia crowds and it's a lot more fun than playing by myself.

If you haven't tried Teaser's in Chicago yet, you should. They have not only the best Tuesday night team in Chicago, it is also one of the best in the continent in both Brainbuster and Showdown.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm 
U > 100 * 2

ANON wrote:
If you haven't tried Teaser's in Chicago yet, you should. They have not only the best Tuesday night team in Chicago, it is also one of the best in the continent in both Brainbuster and Showdown.

I've played at Teasers three times on Tuesdays nights. I can't say I'm much help to them, but it is a lot of fun. (Last week I got the highest score on Showdown there, but it was certainly not to my own credit. I just hedged my bets on the last question and it turned out to be the right strategy.)

I've also played at Walsh's on some Thursdays and Fridays. The only problem is that both of these bars are a good 45 minutes from my house. If I drink too much, it's a pricey Uber ride. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Jim wrote:
BWW South County ( 5 minutes north of Arnold) has a good population of active long time players. Check the "Premium Games" site activity on the Buzztime website.

Jim, I'm going to check out this place next week. I'll be working at the Anheuser-Busch plant in Arnold Tuesday-Thursday. Thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:07 pm 
U > 100 * 2

I played Showdown at Time Out in St. Louis. There were only two other players there last night (usually there are more) but I had an absolute blast with GRIFF and IDIOT. The bar itself is incredibly friendly and has great food, so I'd highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:37 pm 
Himself Fodder

Gypsy wrote:
I played Showdown at Time Out in St. Louis. There were only two other players there last night (usually there are more) but I had an absolute blast with GRIFF and IDIOT. The bar itself is incredibly friendly and has great food, so I'd highly recommend it.

Was GRIFF actually personable or his normal silent self? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:36 pm 
U > 100 * 2

[/quote]
Was GRIFF actually personable or his normal silent self? :lol:[/quote]

He and IDIOT were great! I don't recall ever laughing as much during a trivia game as we did. Our score kinda sucked, but it was a lot of fun. (And we talked about you, by the way.)

I'll definitely go there again the next time work brings me to St. Louis.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:41 pm 
Centenarian

-BO- wrote:
Was GRIFF actually personable or his normal silent self? :lol:

GRIFF was personable. It's GLIFF who causes all the trouble!

Thanks for dropping by GYPSY!