New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Toronto?
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:17 am 
Colt

Hi all--

I'm going to be working in Toronto (downtown at the Convention Center) at the end of July and was hoping to find a Showdown team to play on Tuesday, July 25. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Toronto?
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

ericb wrote:
Hi all--

I'm going to be working in Toronto (downtown at the Convention Center) at the end of July and was hoping to find a Showdown team to play on Tuesday, July 25. Any suggestions?

If you want good, consistent play, I think your best choice would probably be the Blue Goose in Etobicoke. It is one of the most venerable NTN locations (Site ID number: 157), and usually shows up in the top 100.

The Three Monkeys usually has the highest average score of Toronto locations from year to year, but I seem to remember someone telling me some time ago that they don't have a single team, but rather few small teams that play against each other. Apparently, Occasions Restaurant is in Toronto proper and has a pretty good average score, but I don't know anything about the team there.

For the record, I have never played at any of these locations--I only know them from the boards.

Hope this helps.

Post subject: Re: Toronto?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:00 pm 
Centenarian

ericb wrote:
Hi all--

Scotland Yard used to have a regular Showdown team, but it looks like they dropped Buzztime since I last was Toronto.
If you don't have a car, I'd recommend Fionn MacCool's on Yonge St, it's right across from the Davisville subway station. The location map on Buzztime's website is incorrect and shows it on Bloor St.
I've only played SIX at Occasions Restaurant but it had a nice group of regulars.
Pegasus on Church is a gay bar. The team at the unfortunately named Spotted Dick talked about making a trek down there one week in 2014 but it never happened and when I returned to Toronto in 2015 the Spotted Dick was no more.

Ciao,
Griff