New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thank you, Kent BWW!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:17 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Thanks to everyone at Kent BWW, and especially ANON, for hosting me tonight for Showdown. I had a fantastic time. You have a formidable crew (and two botanists!) and it makes me prouder than ever that my Teaser's crew gives you a run for your money.

I'm going to be kicking myself for that fifth Pyramid Round question for a long time. I knew it, somewhere in the back of my brain (though I thought it was a bronze bucket). I've read the story of that war. I was designated as Number 2 if we didn't know it, and, while GYPSY went for the not-ridiculous SILVER CHAIR, IVY actually put Number 2: ALUMINUM freaking COUCH. Part of me wants to work up mathematically how much I screwed the team on that one and part of me wants to commit seppuku with a spork.

The Quote of the Day was when the Final Question category was revealed. A sentence I've never heard before nor ever expect to hear again: "God, let it be Millard Fillmore."

Post subject: Re: Thank you, Kent BWW!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:42 pm 
U > 100 * 2

I just told my friend that the next time he thinks I'm doing something utterly idiotic, all he has to do is use the code words "ALUMINUM COUCH" and I will instantly stop whatever I am doing and curl up into a ball out of lingering shame. That has to be the stupidest answer I have ever chosen.

Post subject: Re: Thank you, Kent BWW!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

It was wonderful to have you, GYPSY, and you are welcome any time! We wish we could have played better for your visit. And please don't sweat the pyramid question--we all have done something similar at some point. For this reason, one of the rules of The Fellowship has been that we don't allow recriminations or carry any grudges over such things.

I, on the other hand, can't stop kicking myself for muffing the final question, even after DROLL called the right answer almost immediately. I take full responsibility for the mediocre end to what had been a pretty good game to that point.

Thanks again, and I hope you enjoyed your time with us as much as we enjoyed having you visit!