Post subject: Der Fiddlesticks, Lakewood, CO
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:45 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Der Fiddlesticks
10815 W. Jewell Ave.
Lakewood, CO 80232
12 Classic Playmakers
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

A couple of guys I met at Guido's Nickel in Lakewood last summer, MEZZZ and N B C, hosted me for a trivia weekend.

They met me Friday night at BWW Denver because it was closer to the airport. My flight was delayed, so I missed Spotlight, but MEZZZ, N B C, GPB, JAGURU, and our alter-egos put some scores up on the leaderboard in Countdown. BWW Denver was loud, the service was horrible, the tablets were somehow not turned on and still not well charged, and smudgey with BWW goo.

Saturday MEZZZ took me to Fiddlesticks. It is a nice, large bar, with ample parking, a couple of pool tables, a jukebox that was set to just the right volume, and about 20 TVs. It was spacious, with plenty of room around the tables. MEZZZ and I played five boards for about four hours. The food was good and the service was excellent. They had one TV tuned to Buzztime for us and the servers would duck down when they walked past the screen so that they didn't block the questions. They diligently checked on us, but only during breaks in the games. They were fantastic. The Playmakers were the cleanest I've ever seen. They looked brand-new, and were all charged to at least 88%. MEZZZ told me that Fiddlesticks goes out of its way to keep the Playmakers well-maintained.

They obliged us in putting the Loyola game on the screen next to Buzztime. It was some of the best service I've ever received at a bar, and they let me run a tab without holding my card, even after they found out I was from Chicago. (As a sidenote, when I stood to salute the National Anthem, the bar silenced. I thought that was pretty cool. I don't care if everyone stands for the Anthem, but I appreciate it when they respect it when I do.)

There were a couple of other solo players, and some pretty high players plus points, so I'd imagine trivia players are always welcome there.

I should have paid more attention to the prices so I could fully flesh out this review, but I know that on Saturdays shots of Beam were $3 and the first round of a double Bacardi and Coke, double shot of Beam, and a cup of coffee was $18.50. I ran a tab after that which came to $100-something, but I bought food and we had a designated driver, so neither of us were drinking in moderation.

That evening GPB picked us up and we went to The Denver Bicycle Café for Geeks Who Drink, which was also a lot of fun.

So if you're in the Lakewood, CO area, I highly recommend Fiddlesticks. (There was a schism at Guido's Nickel and half of the trivia players left, but Guido's Nickel was up on the leaderboard, too, so they still have a team there.)

BWW Denver not recommended. :roll:

GYPSY