New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Herding Kittens at Old Chicago Louisville
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:32 pm 
U > 100 * 2

By a stroke of luck, I met YODA today. And he was gracious enough to stay for Brainbuster because I had invited some coworkers. They were pub trivia and HQ players, but Buzztime virgins. And their first game was Brainbuster.

Two women and a boyfriend showed up. The boyfriend, who was “really into trivia,” was fairly intoxicated when he showed up and I could *not* get him to hit any answer right away, and he would not accept it when I said I knew it, “100%.” (He was playing my ELIZA account and I don’t think he ever got full credit for a single question. He finished at, like, 15,000 in Showdown.) YODA helped me explain how the game was played to everyone, but Brainbuster was a baptism by fire. (Good Job, GONE D, on your first place!)

By Showdown, I thought we had it together, and we did our best, but a very sucky 2/5 for the Pyramid round did not bode well for a bar score. I fully expect our rank to drop by the time it’s posted on Buzztime, but the screen said we came in 49th, which is a semi-miracle.

Here’s the kicker: at 40 years old, *I* was the elder statesman of the team. I was a full decade older than any of my teammates. So, thank you, ALL of you guys, who have patiently accepted my blank stares for an answer you found obvious. I know that trivia is accessible to anyone of any age, but experience helps a bit. That was my role tonight.

I didn’t think there was any reason to even attempt Glory Daze, but they wanted to try it. When our youngest player, at 27 years old, had over 4000 at the first break, we had to go for it. The luck did not hold out for Glory Daze, as she finished at 8800. But all of them said they want to play agnain and I got YODA’s number, so now I may have some sort of a mishmashed occasional “team” in Louisville and that is outstanding.

GYPSY

Post subject: Re: Herding Kittens at Old Chicago Louisville
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:50 pm 
Lotsa Posta

GYPSY, how can we thank you for corrupting the younger generation?

Pacific salmon? Cooked or raw?

You really are a...a...a...astonishing!

That's all, Folks.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:55 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Cooked. Definitely cooked. I don’t understand why people don’t fully utilize the glorious development that is fire.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 5:26 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

I'll try to join you next time you are in town, and will see if I can drag a few old BT vets out as well. I'll be residing in Louisville for awhile.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:22 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Awesome! I’ll let you know.