New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thanks to Blue Goose
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:31 am 
SF Pier

I had a rare opportunity to visit the fine folks @ Blue Goose last Tue to play in the 'cup' ... these folks are not only damn fine trivia players, they also went out of their way to welcome me, my wife Theresa and my son Brian.

so I got to participate in the cup and though was little or no help the folks there were gracious enough to invite us back, an offer I hope I can take them up on ... the trip did drain me though but it was worth it to take this last chance to play. was hoping to join them again this week so they can meet my other son Chris [the boys are taking turns visiting so Theresa will not be alone when the time comes]/

alas after a fine SD game the Goose fell short [by one spot] and I know they wish the remaining teams well ... it was BB that cost them a place in the 'super 16...

once again THANKS BLUE GOOSE!!! you uphold all the finest traits of a true trivia team location...

Post subject: Re: Thanks to Blue Goose
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:54 am 
Octogenarian

cavman wrote:
I had a rare opportunity to visit the fine folks @ Blue Goose last Tue to play in the 'cup' ... these folks are not only damn fine trivia players, they also went out of their way to welcome me, my wife Theresa and my son Brian.

so I got to participate in the cup and though was little or no help the folks there were gracious enough to invite us back, an offer I hope I can take them up on ... the trip did drain me though but it was worth it to take this last chance to play. was hoping to join them again this week so they can meet my other son Chris [the boys are taking turns visiting so Theresa will not be alone when the time comes]/

alas after a fine SD game the Goose fell short [by one spot] and I know they wish the remaining teams well ... it was BB that cost them a place in the 'super 16...

once again THANKS BLUE GOOSE!!! you uphold all the finest traits of a true trivia team location...

Thanks for coming, Larry! Even though we came up on the short end and we're out of the Cup running, you're still welcome to come back next week or any other time ... we'll still be here! It was a pleasure to meet you and your family.