New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: In Northern Va. area this weekend; Spotlight action?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:57 pm 
Centenarian

I'll be traveling to the greater D.C. area (Herndon, Va.) for a video game event, but can find time Friday night for Spotlight if I know where the resident Maryland/Northern Va. players will be. Let me know. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: In Northern Va. area this weekend; Spotlight action?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BWW Gaithersburg will be very crowded tonight, seating will be tight to none, there might be no TVs for BT but we will be there.
Then there is the huge traffic problems getting from Herndon to Gaithersburg on a Friday at rush hour. It can be done though.

1st World Series game tonight here since 1933..........GO NATS!!!!!!!

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, things went sideways on Friday for the Nats and for us at BWW Gaithersburg MD.

The place was packed as I thought and full of red clad patrons and a few orange/blue ones. We did get 2 tables saved in the bar area and had 7 people so there was 1 seat left for any possible visitors that might have shown up. The 1 TV for BT was indeed left on BT for the entire night all through the horrific WS baseball game.

BWW Gaithersburg MD started off very well with 2 number 1s in the CDs leading up to the prime games amid the crazy din of cheering and mostly booing. Then we put up a 3rd on Topix, cool....looking good. Then things went off the rails for the Nats and us. We blew the final Q on Spotlight on all boxes. Had a strong hunch on the wrong answer and BT left that answer still hanging in the final 2 in the random wipeout. I still say random wipeouts make for unequal game scores by wiping the other possible good answer out quickly in some bars and leaving it hanging like forbidden fruit in others. The serpent got us all, which was a huge error not to be split on that one.

Then we put up a 13th in Trend (which was the very last Trendalicious ever!!) and some more decent scores after that, as the Nats choked terribly.

I guess CVAVRA never tried to battle the bumper to bumper traffic across the one bridge over the Potomac that links VA and MD. Southern CA and LA doesn't know what bad traffic is, believe me, I was just there and it was fine compared to DC. (hello to FSPLIT, COWGRL and co. at Griffins and Hurricanes) Even though MD is very close to VA we very rarely go to VA to play at those BT bars and they never come here for good reason, too many terrible choke points on the highways.

Hopefully the Trump curse is over as the Nats head back on the preferable road. :mrgreen:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:48 pm 
Centenarian

I thought Zack Greinke was beatable as he was throwing up alot of offspeed pitches in game 3.The Nationals could not get the clutch hit.If Washington wins the last two all 7 games will have been won on the road.No team has ever won the WS without winning a home game.Washington lost WS in 1933 and 1925.Their only WS win in 1924 with the great righthand pitcher Walter Johnson, fellow Hall of Famers leftfielder Goose Goslin, right fielder Sam Rice and Hall of Fame Manager Bucky Harris.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:13 am 
Centenarian

Yeah, unfortunately my video game stuff took more time than I thought and I decided it wouldn't be worth it. Seems like it was a tough game all the way around.

And congrats to Washington on a well-deserved WS.