New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sprague, Nebraska - Population 142
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:07 pm 
Centenarian

Is about 11 miles from where I'll be working next week (Beautiful Crete, Nebraska).

The sitefinder shows that Traditions Pub has Buzztime, but doesn't show any registered players or game history.

Does this mean that the system has been sold but not installed yet? Or just that nobody has registered or played there yet?

Also, if I'm able to play there next week. I'm pretty sure this will be the smallest town I've ever played trivia in.

Can anybody top population 142 (well, 144 with me and GLIFF)?

GRIFF

Post subject: Re: Sprague, Nebraska - Population 142
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:30 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Maybe no one knows that it is there. The closest that I can come to that population is about 8,000.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

To hear XTRAIN tell it, 142 is the population of Mad River on any given Tuesday. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:58 pm 
Himself Fodder

ANON wrote:
To hear XTRAIN tell it, 142 is the population of Mad River on any given Tuesday. :)

But if it’s a holiday in the big city, which is roughly half the Tuesdays, the population is more like 284. And at least 280 of them are so loud and drunk it’s imposdible to communicate. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Griff, 3 people played at Traditions on the 14th according to the BT site. So it's up and running for sure.

I'd say it's one of the new Buzztime Basic bars. No tablets or blue boxes just customer phones and iPads etc. I say that because it looks the same as all 84 new Buzztime Basic bars around San Diego, the classic blue box icon is shown on the sitefinder and there is no location detail just blank info when you open the site page off the sitefinder. Also no registered players showing, same as all the new S.D. basic system bars. Game play is shown at all.

Bring plenty of phones and iPads/tablets to make the minimum 5 scores. :lol:

NO SD, SP or PB at these basic bars yet because of the unfinished phone app. You'll get 2 CDs instead or 4 games of the new 15 min 7Q CD like game called Buzztime trivia. $50 a week for the basic system vs about $140+ for the tablet system.

Let us know how it goes.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:01 pm 
Centenarian

Made it to Traditions Pub in Sprague a total of three times during my trip.
It's a nice little bar, there had to have been 30 or so people in there Sunday evening, which is about 1/4 of the population of the town.
I dragged the guys from the plant back out on Tuesday for trivia and lunch ($5 burger and fries), but they were really just in it for a free meal.

The system was pretty unstable the first time I played there. At the end of the first game it would not show any games available at the location anymore.
The owner of the place ended up cycling power on the control unit to get it going but it only lasted a couple of games before it locked up again.
He said they don't have a really fast internet connection there, which is not surprising.
He logged in to play one game with me but he was pretty busy and there were no other people playing.

He also said it was a pain in the ass to setup the control unit, which is about the size of a pack of cigarettes with a WiFi antenna attached.
I was surprised that Buzztime didn't send a rep to help him hook it up; he said they just shipped him the equipment and instructions and he had to configure it himself.

Hopefully they add support for Showdown to the mobile app. That is a glaring deficiency right now that puts the $50 a week system at a disadvantage.
I really don't mind playing on my own phone or tablet. We have 10 tablets at TimeOut and only 2 of them can last an entire Showdown game without shutting down and going into some endless restart loop.
Also, there are no network rankings at the end of each game, just top 3 location players are listed. But I can live without that if I have to.

Griff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Interesting point there Griff. There were no rankings seen? Did the bar have the small computer hooked up to a TV in some fashion or was it all through the Phones? I can get there would be no rankings seen on the phones.

I was lead to believe there was national rankings for the basic system. But maybe only if the system has a tv screen like standard tablet bars.

Did the owner say anything about the ability to connect a Tv to see the Qs and As and rankings and from a business side the ad screens?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:25 pm 
Lightning II

Interesting thread. I was not aware that Buzztime had a basic package that relied on players using the app. I was in San Diego in early March and saw that a bar in the Gaslamp Quarter had buzztime, but didn't see any boxes or screens when I went in. Same deal -- no players and no history of anyone playing.

The app has been a godsend with the COVID closures. I've been able to compete with my Angry Pepper friends via the internet. Not to brag, but the leader board of April is ten Lumpy 15K's. LOL

Next time I'll fire up my app and see if a bar has the basic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Lumpy wrote:
Interesting thread. I was not aware that Buzztime had a basic package that relied on players using the app. I was in San Diego in early March and saw that a bar in the Gaslamp Quarter had buzztime, but didn't see any boxes or screens when I went in. Same deal -- no players and no history of anyone playing.

The app has been a godsend with the COVID closures. I've been able to compete with my Angry Pepper friends via the internet. Not to brag, but the leader board of April is ten Lumpy 15K's. LOL

Next time I'll fire up my app and see if a bar has the basic.

Hi Lumpy, how's it going down there in St Pete? We need to get back down there after this mess is over.

The Buzztime Basic bars were expanding somewhat well until CV hit. The Shaded Keg near you is new right? It seems to be a Basic bar, no tablets there or registered players and no SD or SP play. You've played there, but not in person I guess?

Also, was Player's down for a while? There was no activity for months but as of now there are app players since April 9th through 17th?