New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kansas City and Minneapolis
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:21 pm 
Octogenarian

I'll be traveling over the next couple of weekends and was wondering if anyone has suggestions for KC or the Twin Cities as far as good NTN sites. I like to play either team or solo, so either way is OK with me (but it'd be nice to meet some of the people on here if there are any in the neighborhood ... note that I'm from Cincinnati, and will be out of town for Triviapalooza - figures! :().

I'll be in KC on Friday the 16th and then in Minneapolis starting on Tuesday night through Saturday. I definitely want to play trivia on Friday in KC, but the timing of trivia in MN is more up-in-the-air, as my wife is understanding but not a triviot herself.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Post subject: Re: Kansas City and Minneapolis
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:23 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

The 8th Street Grill in downtown Minneapolis is a good place to play. Pretty good food, and I've found friendly fellow players there. Many sites in the Twin Cities are trivia hotbeds. Some that show up frequently on the leaderboards are Demorri's, BWW Oakdale, and JJ's Clubhouse.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:50 pm 
The Meaning of Life

If you can make it Tuesday night, our (all wetware) team will be together at 8th Street Grill (http://buzztime.com/site/7171) for Showdown starting at about 6:00 pm (when free onstreet parking starts in downtown Minneapolis). A few guys are usually there earlier -- you can normally find us on the barstools up by the playmaker chargers. Other times are hit and miss, but I could probably wrangle a few of the guys to show up on Thursday if you can't make it on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:50 pm 
Octogenarian

Guava wrote:
If you can make it Tuesday night, our (all wetware) team will be together at 8th Street Grill (http://buzztime.com/site/7171) for Showdown starting at about 6:00 pm (when free onstreet parking starts in downtown Minneapolis). A few guys are usually there earlier -- you can normally find us on the barstools up by the playmaker chargers. Other times are hit and miss, but I could probably wrangle a few of the guys to show up on Thursday if you can't make it on Tuesday.

Thanks for the invite! We will be getting in town on Tuesday, but fortunately, our hotel is just down the street from your place. If we get in early enough, I will do my best to make it! Glad to hear also that you are wetware!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:59 am 
Octogenarian

Guava wrote:

A big thanks to the guys at 8th Street for their hospitality on Tuesday! I got there just as Brainbuster was completing, and they graciously moved to a place with more chairs so my wife, daughter and I could join them. We did pretty well in the big game (and beat their crosstown rivals by 3 spots! :)), and had a great time. A great bunch of guys and I'd recommend the location to anybody traveling through the Twin Cities!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:08 pm 
The Meaning of Life

scannon wrote:
Guava wrote:

A big thanks to the guys at 8th Street for their hospitality on Tuesday! I got there just as Brainbuster was completing, and they graciously moved to a place with more chairs so my wife, daughter and I could join them. We did pretty well in the big game (and beat their crosstown rivals by 3 spots! :)), and had a great time. A great bunch of guys and I'd recommend the location to anybody traveling through the Twin Cities!

Thanks for joining us, it was great having you as a "pinch hitter" on our team and I hope you enjoyed the Twins game yesterday. It's good to be able to match up a real person with the handles and avatars -- we'll be looking for you and the Blue Goose on the leader boards.