New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: cleveland Jan 30th
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:01 pm 
SF Pier

going for the motorcycle show and will play trivia with my sons Sat night ... got a location where folks meet? thinking of West Park Station...

we go each year to see the bikes - me from Columbus and my sons from Buffalo - this will be a first as my granson Zach will be joining us for the 'boys time', really glad he will now be part of our traveling meetings.

Post subject: Re: cleveland Jan 30th
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

You might want to PM IDJT or WONK, as I know they play various places depending on the day.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:47 pm 
Centenarian

If the motorcycle show is at the I-X Center, you could also try Harpo's Sports Cafe in Brook Park, as it is convenient to the airport and the I-X.

Harpo's, my former home site, has plenty of boxes and plenty of monitors and normally has more activity than West Park Station on a Saturday evening.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:27 pm 
SF Pier

bigdog216 wrote:
Harpo's, my former home site, has plenty of boxes and plenty of monitors and normally has more activity than West Park Station on a Saturday evening.

thanks, we stay at the BestWesternon Snow Rd ... the show is the 30th and we will be in for one night only - usually stay two at least. I have played at Harpos many times, usually in the afternoon and it is a great place - just not 'visitor' friendly that I have seen - by that I mean not a spot where the regulars come in to play or that they seek out or say Hi to a new player - which is due to the size of the place ... great layout and lots to do.

looking for a place with a team to meet the people this year ... Wonk said he will be on the road so I posted here to see if anyone would like a few extra players that Sat night ... I am lousy at music however both my sons may know a few answers to be of help ... mostly just want to meet some of the local players.

Post subject: Re: West Park Station
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:31 pm 
Centenarian

If you're interested in dropping by West Park Station on a Saturday I suggest that you visit before 8pm. After then singles overwhelm serious ntn players. You'll notice that the regular WPS players don't log many games of Playback or Spotlight. So venture over at your own peril. There are lots of good reasons to hit the stretch of bars at Kamm's Corners (intersection of Lorain rd & Rocky River dr), but getting yourself some triv action isn't one of them.

On Saturday nights I'd stick with Harpos or Fairview Park b'dubs. (no lag there)

Post subject: Re: West Park Station
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:48 pm 
SF Pier

wonk wrote:
On Saturday nights I'd stick with Harpos or Fairview Park b'dubs. (no lag there)

thanks Wonk, I will miss seeing you and would love to have been there during the week ... will just go to Harpos and play as a 'team' with my sons [30sec attn span and grandson - he will be a big help]... no matter what it will be trivia with those I love and that will be great..

may see you guys in the spring once baseball starts and we can get a game in at the Jake...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:15 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

cavman, i talked to the crew last night about saturday. there will be at least two of us there, timmy and me. two others, bigdog and ski, will try to make it. any idea when you expect to get to harpo's? let me know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:59 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

larry, it was a pleasure meeting you and chris last night. obviously playback is not a game for you or me. tim and chris did a fine job with the game though. i look forward to meeting you again soon, i hope.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:49 pm 
SF Pier

IDJIT5500 wrote:
larry, it was a pleasure meeting you and chris last night. obviously playback is not a game for you or me. tim and chris did a fine job with the game though. i look forward to meeting you again soon, i hope.

the pleasure was ours and you guys are great ... for all you others Idjit and Timmy came to Harpos Jan 30th to play some trivia and meet - thank heaven they did, great folks and between them and my oldest son Chris they fed me answers for Playback [those who know me understand just how bad I am at music and entertainment].

we llok forward to being able to visit in the spring after the 'big thaw' ... during the week for some baseball and trivia..

Thanks again guys ... we appreciate your hospitality and you going out of your way to make us feel at home