New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano Beach trip - Non-smoking options?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:33 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Heading there Sat-Mon. All reviews I read either mention how smoky the place is or no mention either way. Unless they are gaming the system I have a tough time imagining none of the large number of area BT locations get 10.1%+ of revenue from food. I know the big team there plays at a bowling alley which are usually the worst for smoke so that's probably out. Any clean air options in town?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano Beach trip - Non-smoking options?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'm pretty sure Diamond Strike Lanes is non smoking. Maybe someone from down there can confirm. S O B?

JIMMY G is there ACK!!! and COUGAR and TOM. Strictly team play there. :mrgreen: But it's pretty much your best choice for good players in that area.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:01 pm 
Himself Fodder

BUD wrote:
JIMMY G is there ACK!!! and COUGAR and TOM. Strictly team play there. :mrgreen: But it's pretty much your best choice for good players in that area.

Good players? Those guys? I don't think so.

All they do is play CD, BTT, and LTT all day every day and TOM still can't break 12k and 8k respectively in average. Throw premium game questions (read: non-repeat) at them and they couldn't play their way out of a paper bag. (please note I'm not saying you have to crack those averages in order to be a good player, I'm saying if you see the same questions day in day out and still can't score, you really suck)

Any player who refuses to play premium games is not a good player IMHO anyway.

BO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:21 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

BUD wrote:
I'm pretty sure Diamond Strike Lanes is non smoking. Maybe someone from down there can confirm. S O B?

Thanks much. Hopefully one of the locals can confirm/deny because I prefer decent playership team or solo. I have no problem playing team at all really, done so quite happily many times (even with Bo believe it or not) - only with using collective ability to imply or compare against solo ability.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:26 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
BUD wrote:

All they do is play CD, BTT, and LTT all day every day and TOM still can't break 12k and 8k respectively in average. Throw premium game questions (read: non-repeat) at them and they couldn't play their way out of a paper bag. (please note I'm not saying you have to crack those averages in order to be a good player, I'm saying if you see the same questions day in day out and still can't score, you really suck)

BO

I'm not sure the repeat rate in premium is all that lower. I see a noticeable but not extreme level in both. That said, weekend premiums I suck at so badly anyway that I'd be no help to them if they did play them. At least a few years back they would occasionally throw art music qs in there so I could pick up a few points but have seen none in the few PBs I have subjected myself to since the remake.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
BUD wrote:

BO

So, FOG isn't a good player?
An interesting hypothesis...

Why, I do believe that I feel the need for a wager sweeping over me.
I just need to decide if I want to spot you one thousand points or two... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
BUD wrote:

BO

I used to play at a place that is all they play is the BT, LTT n CD. And they don't play like a team.

Thats why I love Baxters cause the weekday opening time of 4p and now got a regular SD team to play with there.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:17 pm 
Himself Fodder

spotes wrote:
I just need to decide if I want to spot you one thousand points or two... :mrgreen:

Let's split the difference, 1500. I'll play you for as much as you want in LTT.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
spotes wrote:

Let's split the difference, 1500. I'll play you for as much as you want in LTT.

BO

LTT, huh? Your bravado overwhelms me. :D
I wasn't actually talking about me, for a change, but rather that no good non-premium game playing FOG character.
You better make it 2000... :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:24 am 
Himself Fodder

spotes wrote:
I wasn't actually talking about me, for a change, but rather that no good non-premium game playing FOG character.

The word of the day is brass. Two big brass ones. The constant clanking keeps me awake at night.

Obviously there are exceptions that prove the rule. Just pointing out that a lot of the daytime players out there aren't what they seem to many.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
BUD wrote:

BO

Well what I meant to emphasize was "in that area". Other than these guys there is nothing for players, it goes down hill very quick to part timers etc. I have played with COUGAR he is/was a good player when we played with him that I will attest to. Never met TOM or JIMMYG and have no idea what averages they have.

Not sure why they don't play premium games, doesn't fit their schedules I guess.

In that part of FL it's them or playing by yourself. They are friendly enough to visitors so I'd go there.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:36 pm 

-BO- wrote:
spotes wrote:

The word of the day is brass. Two big brass ones. The constant clanking keeps me awake at night. * * *

BO

Perhaps a jock strap would help reduce the noise. Tell your partner to wear one to bed.

FOG (just kidding...say "hi" to HELIX for me)