New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lunchtime is now Literature time
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:06 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Has anyone else noticed the plethora of literature questions in Lunchtime the last week or so? Not my strong point in the game for sure.

Post subject: Re: Lunchtime is now Literature time
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:35 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

mudee wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the plethora of literature questions in Lunchtime the last week or so? Not my strong point in the game for sure.

Yes, I have. Not so much literature as poetry and theater, including vintage Broadway musicals. The entire nation struggles with such questions. My wife got a Gold Medal that held up across all time zones for a 5,023 score one LTT game.

As many other posters here know, I'm a history/science/geography guy, not a literature guy, so I personally don't like the change. But looking at the leaderboards I see two reasons that Buzztime might be happy:

1) My impression is that the stronger sites rank higher on five-score averages recently than they do in LTT games filled with repeat questions. Games with more repeat questions favor sites with a few folks with 100 million P+ points combined congregating as a team. Games with repeat questions favor the specific players who both saw and remembered the previous question. Games with tough new questions favor pure brain power.

2) I perceive a higher deviation in Gold Medals in these newer games. For individual scores, tougher, newer questions induce a higher deviation of score relative to talent. That smooths out over the top five, but I'm seeing a bunch of lesser-known names getting LTT Gold Medals. Spreading the opportunity for Gold Medals is good for the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Maybe ask your 'buddy' ROGUE for help on these questions. He seems to still know them, but slightly slower to throw Buzztime off his trail.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:07 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

lewser wrote:
Maybe ask your buddy ROGUE for help on these questions. He seems to still know them, but slightly slower to throw Buzztime off his trail.

Not my buddy, LEWSER. I don't use time lag to get answers, and I regard those who do as cheating the rest of Buzztime Nation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

WB TANAKA wrote:
lewser wrote:
Maybe ask your buddy ROGUE for help on these questions. He seems to still know them, but slightly slower to throw Buzztime off his trail.

Not my buddy, LEWSER. I don't use time lag to get answers, and I regard those who do as cheating the rest of Buzztime Nation.

That was for MUD, he claims he doesn't approve of him, but plays with him.

I don't get it, unless of course, he is R........

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:27 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
WB TANAKA wrote:
lewser wrote:

Admittedly however, if it's Anna Paquin I'm playing with her regardless of antics. And since she's married, I'd hope she cheats! :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:48 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

lewser wrote:
WB TANAKA wrote:
lewser wrote:

I explained myself to you in a PM lewser. Ultimately anyone who has to cheat at trivia has a problem. I only play on the same team because I was invited by the main guy at Kirk's, D OH. Rogue is not my buddy, and I didnt invite him there. D OH invited him, and is probably unaware of what went on. I will talk to D OH and inform him of the details, and it will be his choice not mine, He is team captain.

Post subject: Hell, I'm old and retired....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:45 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hell, I'm old and retired, but I seldom get out to play "Lunchtime Trivia". How do you young whippersnappers find the time to play "Lunchtime Trivia", with your jobs and all? However, if it is now focusing on Literature, I'm glad that I'm missing the games. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:04 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I used to play LT occasionally when BT had their cards promotion. I would either visit a nearby place during my lunch hour or just visit my home site on a Saturday. Now I never play, as it isn't convenient during the work week, and during the weekend, well, I'm just not a morning person...

As for literature questions, they are certainly legitimate trivia questions, although a bit of a personal weakness. I, too, am more of a geography/science/history guy.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:50 pm 
Air Jordan

I am tired of seeing ROGUE and its other names on the leaders boards here in AZ. Anyone that would sit with that loser... go figure

Post subject: It's the new Literature questions that kill me...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
I used to play LT occasionally when BT had their cards promotion. I would either visit a nearby place during my lunch hour or just visit my home site on a Saturday. Now I never play, as it isn't convenient during the work week, and during the weekend, well, I'm just not a morning person...

As for literature questions, they are certainly legitimate trivia questions, although a bit of a personal weakness. I, too, am more of a geography/science/history guy.

-- RWM

It's the new literature questions that kill me on Buzztime. I've got a feeling that the youngsters, who make up these questions, toss in questions about the books that they are currently reading. Actually, if it's old stuff, I'm not all that terrible on literature questions.

p.s. I prefer the geography, science, and history questions also.

Post subject: Who is this ROGUE guy...?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

dexter wrote:
I am tired of seeing ROGUE and its other names on the leaders boards here in AZ. Anyone that would sit with that loser... go figure

Who is this ROGUE guy...?