New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lunchtime Trivia Integrity Issue ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:57 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Looking at http://www.buzztime.com/site/32979 Heros Sports Pub Mesa AZ

Here is Purdue's Lunchtime History, check out the top 4 players, lotsa perfects in a row

Nov 15, 2010, 12:00 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 928
Nov 14, 2010, 12:45 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1725
Sep 21, 2010, 12:30 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1136
Sep 15, 2010, 12:30 pm 7,000 7 1st of 3 1st of 1139
Sep 14, 2010, 12:45 pm 7,000 7 1st of 3 1st of 1123
Sep 14, 2010, 12:15 pm 1,000 1 5th of 5 916th of 1017
Sep 10, 2010, 12:45 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1416
Sep 8, 2010, 12:45 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1088
Sep 8, 2010, 12:15 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1020
Sep 3, 2010, 12:45 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1588
Aug 29, 2010, 12:15 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1347
Aug 12, 2010, 12:30 pm 7,000 7 1st of 5 1st of 1385
Aug 1, 2010, 12:30 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1733
Jul 22, 2010, 12:45 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1448
Jul 13, 2010, 12:45 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1439
Jul 13, 2010, 12:30 pm 7,000 7 1st of 2 1st of 1400

Post subject: Re: Lunchtime Trivia Integrity Issue ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

That's ROGUE at Hero's AZ, he's been cheating like this for years, nothing new. I believe he's getting the answers from the east coast or some other time zone gambit.

There are others out there as well. Maybe in MO?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:32 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Looks like this Rogue fellow spreads his cheating around:

http://www.buzztime.com/site/33561

http://www.buzztime.com/site/27533

http://www.buzztime.com/site/34414

http://www.buzztime.com/site/7202

http://www.buzztime.com/site/15966

http://www.buzztime.com/site/35035

7 sites in the "Top 200"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:37 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Also have to wonder how many other games he's cheating on?

He had an outstanding game last night in SIX. On the phone with another bar that's ahead in the game??

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Also have to wonder how many other games he's cheating on?

He had an outstanding game last night in SIX. On the phone with another bar that's ahead in the game??

Definte cheating going on via time zones and site responses. Same thing that was going on at Eric's bar with one of the players there. Eric asked him to stop and I guess the guy did.

I guess this guy needs some sort of ego boast. Bago'douche!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:08 pm 
Lotsa Posta

tiefly wrote:

One does wonder what would compel someone to cheat in a game where the only reward is pride. I find it sad.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:04 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Akbar71 wrote:
tiefly wrote:

One does wonder what would compel someone to cheat in a game where the only reward is pride. I find it sad.

I imagine it is related to small penis size.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Now, this guy rocks!!! I wonder who that could be? :D

http://buzztime.com/players/bt_profile.php?pid=13395076

There is another douche that has been doing it also, why no mention?

P.S. I called out ROGUE on the BT website, and subsequently got banned for it. He actually had the balls to go onto the website and say he was legit, and threatened lawsuit. I wish I knew what site he actually played at each day, I would call BT and have them reboot the computer after question four for every damn game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:43 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

lewser wrote:
Now, this guy rocks!!! I wonder who that could be? :D

http://buzztime.com/players/bt_profile.php?pid=13395076

There is another douche that has been doing it also, why no mention?

P.S. I called out ROGUE on the BT website, and subsequently got banned for it. He actually had the balls to go onto the website and say he was legit, and threatened lawsuit. I wish I knew what site he actually played at each day, I would call BT and have them reboot the computer after question four for every damn game.

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:12 pm 
Himself Fodder

LTT is the biggest laughing stock on the network. Currently 2 or 3 of the top 50 averages are legit. Illegitimate scores include one player from the Louisville area as well as the hack in Missouri and the idiot bitch in Arizona.

We've been on BT about this for years and how it could easily be fixed. Naturally it is not and those at BT probably look at those top averages and think what intelligent players they have during lunch.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:11 pm 
Lotsa Posta

This the location today where either he/them were playing.

http://www.buzztime.com/site/11605

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
This the location today where either he/them were playing.

http://www.buzztime.com/site/11605
Looks like yet another Famous Sam's has gone by the wayside. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
LTT is the biggest laughing stock on the network. Currently 2 or 3 of the top 50 averages are legit. Illegitimate scores include one player from the Louisville area as well as the hack in Missouri and the idiot bitch in Arizona.

We've been on BT about this for years and how it could easily be fixed. Naturally it is not and those at BT probably look at those top averages and think what intelligent players they have during lunch.

BO

Is the hack in MO located in St Louis area or somewhere else??? I don't need help much at all in LT. I missed on two golds on bad choices on the last question on two LT games in a row.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:37 am 
Lord of Scaratings

-BO- wrote:

BO

Well, if you are talking about FSHMAN in LouisvilleI don't see it myself. How can someone on east coast time do the time zone gambit (Altantic time zoners from way east Canada calling Kentucky ?) His BT and Countdown scores are legitimate, though selective of course.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:34 am 
Himself Fodder

scar wrote:
Well, if you are talking about FSHMAN in LouisvilleI don't see it myself. How can someone on east coast time do the time zone gambit (Altantic time zoners from way east Canada calling Kentucky ?) His BT and Countdown scores are legitimate, though selective of course.

Well, the time zone gambit isn't the only way to game the LTT system for one. But like CLEVR/VEE in Missouri, his LTT, BT, and CD scores are most certainly not legitimate because of selectivity.

It's really funny what some people bitch to high heaven about such as borging and then those same people ignore stuff like this. I watch these wannabe players dicking around with their averages like it's the end of the world if they hurt their average with a bad game and then people think they are trivia legends. I'm sure plenty of people think ROGUE is the best player ever to pick up a box just by his constant perfect scores.

Here's an example of how much difference this can make. A little less than a year ago I saw a good opportunity to try an experiment to see how much one could gain by this type of exploitation. I had a few CD games in a row that were easier than normal averaging a little over 14k. Then I spent a couple of days in St. Louis sharing answers with SPOTES, LEWSER, GRIFF, CHODE, ROMEO, etc. Naturally those scores were pretty damn high as well and by the time the weekend was over I had 12-14 good scores in a row. My normal CD average range is 12.5-12.6k which seemed to rank in the 120 range nationally at that time anyway. So for 6 months I didn't play a single CD game on that account to watch it climb. It eventually reached 6th (for 2 days I think) with a 13.7k+ average. From a rank of around 120th to 6th just by a small amount of selectivity. Over 1000 points in average change. Hell, I didn't even start a CD game during that time like some of these hacks do. And publicly, nobody said a single thing about it, just looked normal to many I guess.

I even suggested an incredibly easy fix for this type of abuse, if you answer Q1 in a game it counts towards your average. Simple. We've all suggested various ways to get rid of the time zone gambit in LTT. It would also eliminate the repeat games that the everyday players feast on if games were always constructed by drawing individual questions from the pool instead of individual games from the pool. They kind of do versions of both of those, but we all know the dedicated daytime players see non-repeat repeat games frequently.

As far as FSHMAN goes, I know he's your friend and I know he's a good player. But in the eyes of many, the things he's been doing the last year or so is destroying his reputation.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I play a lot of LTT east coast games on the weekends & especially during the summer (fish early, then head to a BT site for beer/lunch).

I can't remember a single straight repeat game anytime this past summer. In fact, I haven't seen a complete repeat game in BT or CD in a long time.

The question about BO's car, the General Lee, I saw 5 days in a row, but no complete repeat games.

FWIW--I do remember LEWSER calling out ROGUE for the cheating bago'douche
that he is on the BT site.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:35 pm 
Himself Fodder

tiefly wrote:
I can't remember a single straight repeat game anytime this past summer. In fact, I haven't seen a complete repeat game in BT or CD in a long time.

I didn't say repeat game, I said non-repeat repeat game. Sorry for speaking in tongues, let me explain.

CD game late Wednesday night, questions 1-7 used for LTT Friday morning, questions 8-14 used for the next LTT game. Same goes for let's say BTT Monday night and then again Thursday afternoon. Those are both examples and not necessarily true. One that is true would be back in the 90's, the late Sunday night CD games at 12 and 1230 were repeated as Wipeout games Monday afternoon at 1 and 130.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:34 pm 
SF Pier

scar wrote:
-BO- wrote:

BO

I don't see the selectivity for the FSHMAN playing under the FSHMAN8 sign-in.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... &tn=trivia

Every LT and BT score is perfect, even though they are sparse, and widely separated. How could he know about a perfect score coming up every time. If in fact they're legitimate, it's quite phenomenal.

There are a lot of FSHMAN Handles (FSHMAN1 -FSHMAN28) out there and they are all quite prevalent on the top of the Players Lists for BT, CD, and LT. Something strange is going on there. :?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:01 pm 
Himself Fodder

MOTOR wrote:
I don't see the selectivity for the FSHMAN playing under the FSHMAN8 sign-in.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... &tn=trivia

Every LT and BT score is perfect, even though they are sparse, and widely separated. How could he know about a perfect score coming up every time. If in fact they're legitimate, it's quite phenomenal.

There are a lot of FSHMAN Handles (FSHMAN1 -FSHMAN28) out there and they are all quite prevalent on the top of the Players Lists for BT, CD, and LT. Something strange is going on there. :?

Did you read what I wrote in the prior post about the pattern of repeating games? That's how. Amazes me that people would even consider the fact they are legitimate.

The FSHMAN1-28 thing is total crap. Not much different than what ROGUE does with all his handles in the greater Phoenix area.

BO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:09 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Fshman plays tons of game every day (he is retired, served in the Marine Corp in the Vietnam era), and yes he is a fine player. He probably plays every day of the week or nearso, and rotates among all 18-19 sites in our area. Cloudy calls him the Nomad.

He plays probably solo 90% of the time and for a lot of the daytime games is the only one playing, and I think he started his multiple handle selectivity thing from boredom. When he saw the top player lists (he was late to the BT website), we talked about it. He said it wasn't against any rules to quit during the game, and he didn't see anything wrong with it, just an option that was available from how they set up the scoring conditions.

Bo for someone who has consistently defended "smart gameplay within the rules" versus "the spirit of the game" debate, I find it a hair ironic that you would cast him as illegitimate; he doesn't borg or cellphone or reboot or any of the other crap things out there.

He isn't trying to make anyone think he is a great player, to him he's just playing another game within the game. He's played at the WVBTO to Huber Heights, from Teasers to the Mezzanine, and folks in this area of the country know his caliber of play. He's not a wannabe trying to game the system; he's just having fun with an offbeat sense of humor. Like when he set up a handle back at B4 and had Xtrain and Pnkpig wondering who this MPCHW was who had more medals that the rest of the bar combined.

I can certainly see how someone who didn't know him would view it all differently (and I think he has gone overboard with the sheer number of handles, but to him that's part of the game/challenge); but I do know him for the good fella he is, and how I am always happy he can join us whenever he wanders by, and don't want folks to get a different impression of this than what it is.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FSHMAN, a cheater ? ? ? ... You have to be kidding...!

I've known this guy for nearly 20 years now. I've sat beside him at the bar for more than 1,000 games, and I ain't seen him cheat yet. He's as honest and honorable as the day is long. Indeed, he is honest to a fault. He is one of a very small group of people, whom I bestow Cloudy's highest compliment upon... I'd take FSHMAN as my wingman in combat in a heartbeat. Yep, FSHMAN is loyal, honest, true, and would never, never, never cheat on anything, let alone something as trivial as NTN Trivia.

FSHMAN has no cellphone, nor does he have a laptop computer. (Two very common devices used by trivia cheaters.) If FSHMAN wanted to Google the answer to a NTN trivia question, he would have to dash out of the bar, sprint to his car, and drive like blazes to and back from the nearest public library. (Hell, Superman couldn't do it in time and not miss three or four questions.)

So how does he do so well without cheating...? First of all he has an IQ that's extremely high. Secondly, he has been cursed with a memory that one might call photographic. Thirdly, he plays NTN trivia pretty much all of the time. (NTN does toss up repeat questions quite frequently, don't they?) I should add, FSHMAN also does research on and studies things that are likely NTN trivia questions. (For example, FSHMAN has memorized all of the countries in Africa, their capitals, locations, languages, mountain ranges, rivers, lakes, rulers, prior names, colonial histories, etc.) Put all of this together and you've got a guy who will put scores up on NTN that will make some people, who do not know him, think that he must be cheating. I can promise you, he aint.

BREAKING NEWS... ! ! ! FSHMAN is a cheat... ! ! ! Just sit next to him some time, and he will give you answers that you would never have known. Now that IS cheating...! Yep, he's guilty, but my scores and rankings are a hell of a lot better than they would have been without "FSHMAN THE CHEAT", or should that be "FSHMAN THE GREAT"...?

p.s. For those of you, who know me, you know that Cloudy never lies. All of the foregoing is absolutely true. (Heck, I might stretch a fact or two, but those minor twists are always very close to the truth, and are only added for entertainment.)

p.p.s. Damn, it would be great if the "ScaRatings" had audio. If it did, you would have heard Country Joe and the Fish's greatest hits playing in the background, while you read my words of wit.

Last edited by Cloudy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:

I've known this guy for nearly 20 years now. I've sat beside him at the bar for more than 1,000 games, and I ain't seen him cheat yet. He's as honest and honorable as the day is long. Indeed, he is honest to a fault. He is one of a very small group of people, whom I bestow Cloudy's highest compliment upon... I'd take FSHMAN as my wingman in combat in a heartbeat. Yep, FSHMAN is loyal, honest, true, and would never, never, never cheat on anything, let alone something as trivial as NTN Trivia.

FSHMAN has no cellphone, nor does he have a laptop computer. (Two very common devices used by trivia cheaters.) If FSHMAN wanted to Google the answer to a NTN trivia question, he would have to dash out of the bar, sprint to his car, and drive like blazes to and back from the nearest public library. (Hell, Superman couldn't do it in time and not miss three or four questions.)

So how does he do so well without cheating...? First of all he has an IQ that's extremely high. Secondly, he has been cursed with a memory that one might call photographic. Thirdly, he plays NTN trivia pretty much all of the time. (NTN does toss up repeat questions quite frequently, don't they?) I should add, FSHMAN also does research on and studies things that are likely NTN trivia questions. (For example, FSHMAN has memorized all of the countries in Africa, their capitals, locations, languages, mountain ranges, rivers, lakes, rulers, prior names, colonial histories, etc.) Put all of this together and you've got a guy who will put scores up on NTN that will make some people, who do not know him, think that he must be cheating. I can promise you, he aint.

BREAKING NEWS... ! ! ! FSHMAN is a cheat... ! ! ! Just sit next to him some time, and he will give you answers that you would never have known. Now that IS cheating...! Yep, he's guilty, but my scores and rankings are a hell of a lot better than they would have been without "FSHMAN THE CHEAT", or should that be "FSHMAN THE GREAT"...?

p.s. For those of you, who know me, you know that Cloudy never lies. All of the foregoing is absolutely true. (Heck, I might stretch a fact or two, but those minor twists are always very close to the truth, and are only added for entertainment.)

p.p.s. Damn, it would be great if the "ScaRatings" had audio. If it did, you would have heard County Joe and the Fish's greatest hits playing in the background while you read my words of wit.

so we gotta give A DAMN when u play it.....lol

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:35 pm 
Himself Fodder

scar wrote:
Bo for someone who has consistently defended "smart gameplay within the rules" versus "the spirit of the game" debate, I find it a hair ironic that you would cast him as illegitimate; he doesn't borg or cellphone or reboot or any of the other crap things out there.

By that same logic, since you are against borging (a position I have no problem with by the way) you would be against his tactics as well. There is no difference. Playing by an allowable set of rules that artificially inflates a score.

Cloudy wrote:

Nowhere have I called anybody a cheater. As I explained above, it's allowed by the rules.

Quote:

Hell man, just give him a blow job while you're at it.

But I guarantee you he didn't memorize Africa the way I did. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BO

Last edited by -BO- on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:36 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Cloudy wrote:

Cloudy, have you ever looked at all the Fshmans listed on the top trivia players rankings on BT, CD & LTT ? That's what they are talking about. Look at the gameplay histories (not the qualifying games).

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_averages.php?g=60

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:40 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

-BO- wrote:
scar wrote:

By that same logic, since you are against borging (a position I have no problem with by the way) you would be against his tactics as well. There is no difference. Playing by an allowable set of rules that artificially inflates a score.

Well, I don't bother stopping games when I do poorly, so I certainly don't endorse the practice.

I suppose I still view borging with more disdain than this, though.