New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Lunchtime Trivia Integrity Issue ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:42 pm 
Himself Fodder

scar wrote:
Uh sorry, Bo, I thought I was responding to your post but I deleted most of it (curse of the administrator priviliges).

LOL, I was scratching my head wondering what happened. No problem, I just went back in my browser and redid it.

BO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:45 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

-BO- wrote:
scar wrote:
Uh sorry, Bo, I thought I was responding to your post but I deleted most of it (curse of the administrator priviliges).

LOL, I was scratching my head wondering what happened. No problem, I just went back in my browser and redid it.

BO

LOL, I went back and it was there and I thought I had lost my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:51 pm 
Himself Fodder

scar wrote:
-BO- wrote:
scar wrote:

BO

LOL, I went back and it was there and I thought I had lost my mind.

If nothing else it's a helluva thread derailer which probably isn't a bad thing. :D

BO

Post subject: Some people simply just have to be ignored...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
scar wrote:
Bo for someone who has consistently defended "smart gameplay within the rules" versus "the spirit of the game" debate, I find it a hair ironic that you would cast him as illegitimate; he doesn't borg or cellphone or reboot or any of the other crap things out there.

By that same logic, since you are against borging (a position I have no problem with by the way) you would be against his tactics as well. There is no difference. Playing by an allowable set of rules that artificially inflates a score.

Cloudy wrote:
FSHMAN, a cheater ? ? ? ... You have to be kidding...!

Nowhere have I called anybody a cheater. As I explained above, it's allowed by the rules.

Quote:
So how does he do so well without cheating...? First of all he has an IQ that's extremely high. Secondly, he has been cursed with a memory that one might call photographic. Thirdly, he plays NTN trivia pretty much all of the time. (NTN does toss up repeat questions quite frequently, don't they?) I should add, FSHMAN also does research on and studies things that are likely NTN trivia questions. (For example, FSHMAN has memorized all of the countries in Africa, their capitals, locations, languages, mountain ranges, rivers, lakes, rulers, prior names, colonial histories, etc.) Put all of this together and you've got a guy who will put scores up on NTN that will make some people, who do not know him, think that he must be cheating. I can promise you, he aint.

Hell man, just give him a blow job while you're at it.

But I guarantee you he didn't memorize Africa the way I did. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BO

Some people simply just have to be ignored. Oh, son of a gun, I just un-ignored BO... Stupidity is infectous.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:16 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Well, he made some salient points, Cloudy.

Post subject: MITCHWOLF, it's great to be back...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

I've known this guy for nearly 20 years now. I've sat beside him at the bar for more than 1,000 games, and I ain't seen him cheat yet. He's as honest and honorable as the day is long. Indeed, he is honest to a fault. He is one of a very small group of people, whom I bestow Cloudy's highest compliment upon... I'd take FSHMAN as my wingman in combat in a heartbeat. Yep, FSHMAN is loyal, honest, true, and would never, never, never cheat on anything, let alone something as trivial as NTN Trivia.

FSHMAN has no cellphone, nor does he have a laptop computer. (Two very common devices used by trivia cheaters.) If FSHMAN wanted to Google the answer to a NTN trivia question, he would have to dash out of the bar, sprint to his car, and drive like blazes to and back from the nearest public library. (Hell, Superman couldn't do it in time and not miss three or four questions.)

So how does he do so well without cheating...? First of all he has an IQ that's extremely high. Secondly, he has been cursed with a memory that one might call photographic. Thirdly, he plays NTN trivia pretty much all of the time. (NTN does toss up repeat questions quite frequently, don't they?) I should add, FSHMAN also does research on and studies things that are likely NTN trivia questions. (For example, FSHMAN has memorized all of the countries in Africa, their capitals, locations, languages, mountain ranges, rivers, lakes, rulers, prior names, colonial histories, etc.) Put all of this together and you've got a guy who will put scores up on NTN that will make some people, who do not know him, think that he must be cheating. I can promise you, he aint.

BREAKING NEWS... ! ! ! FSHMAN is a cheat... ! ! ! Just sit next to him some time, and he will give you answers that you would never have known. Now that IS cheating...! Yep, he's guilty, but my scores and rankings are a hell of a lot better than they would have been without "FSHMAN THE CHEAT", or should that be "FSHMAN THE GREAT"...?

p.s. For those of you, who know me, you know that Cloudy never lies. All of the foregoing is absolutely true. (Heck, I might stretch a fact or two, but those minor twists are always very close to the truth, and are only added for entertainment.)

p.p.s. Damn, it would be great if the "ScaRatings" had audio. If it did, you would have heard County Joe and the Fish's greatest hits playing in the background while you read my words of wit.

so we gotta give A DAMN when u play it.....lol

MITCHWOLF, it's great to be back and read your words of wit once again. As long as my life and circumstances permit, I will do my best to post on the "ScaRatings" and make a fool of myself.

To follow your lead... It's one, two, three, what are we fighting for...? However, I don't think the next stop is Vietnam anymore... That was long ago. I'd willingly go back into the Corps, but at my age, I doubt they would take me. To quote an Asian bar gal from many decades ago... "No way, G.I." Sadly, I can't quite remember her name just right now.

p.s. I might have already posted a reply similar to this, but I can't find it. So, I gave it another shot.

Last edited by Cloudy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: I like salient...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
Well, he made some salient points, Cloudy.

I like salient. Way to go...!

Post subject: Calm down, and ask yourself this question...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
scar wrote:
Bo for someone who has consistently defended "smart gameplay within the rules" versus "the spirit of the game" debate, I find it a hair ironic that you would cast him as illegitimate; he doesn't borg or cellphone or reboot or any of the other crap things out there.

By that same logic, since you are against borging (a position I have no problem with by the way) you would be against his tactics as well. There is no difference. Playing by an allowable set of rules that artificially inflates a score.

Cloudy wrote:

Nowhere have I called anybody a cheater. As I explained above, it's allowed by the rules.

Quote:

Hell man, just give him a blow job while you're at it.

But I guarantee you he didn't memorize Africa the way I did. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BO

"Hell man, just give him a blow job while you're at it.

But I guarantee you he didn't memorize Africa the way I did"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Calm down, and ask yourself this question... Why are you so angry with a person you have never met?

First of all, getting angry ain't good for you. You might be young, and don't have to worry about your blood pressure yet, but someday you will. Anger ain't good for blood pressure, or what it does to the rest of you. Yep, I'm not a doctor, and I've never played one on TV, but nonetheless, I think staying cool is the way to go. Be creative, be funny, don't get angry, have fun...

Ashamedly, I have digressed.

As for who knows more about Africa, you or FSHMAN, who cares...? I'm sure you both know a lot more than I do.

Back to the topic of African trivia questions. If Albert Schweitzer were still alive, he would eat both your and FSHMAN's lunches on the topic. My money is on Albert Schweitzer, but seeing he is dead, I guess I'm off the hook on this one. (A lesson of life is that there is always going to be someone smarter and better than you are, so don't worry about it. Ultimately you will all die, so do the best you can, and be happy while it lasts.)

p.s. I can find Africa on a map most of the time.

p.p.s. Once again I am ashamed of myself. I think I might have overlooked the possible meaning of something you said,

"But I guarantee you he didn't memorize Africa the way I did."

I think there is a story here. One that I and many others would like to hear. Don't worry BO, I'm with you on this one. I would love to hear your story. Once again, don't worry, for the most part I'm a good guy. Please tell us the story of how you came to learn about Africa.

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:22 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Calm down, and ask yourself this question...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:01 am 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
Calm down, and ask yourself this question... Why are you so angry with a person you have never met?

Not angry at all. Just pointed out a few things and I'm done with it.

Quote:
As for who knows more about Africa, you or FSHMAN, who cares...? I'm sure you both know a lot more than I do.

The Africa thing is an inside joke known to a few on this board. Had it been any other continent I wouldn't have said a word. And let's just say if you knew the facts behind the joke you wouldn't be sitting at your computer right now. :shock:

BO

Post subject: Thank You, I Love You Man...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Not angry at all. Just pointed out a few things and I'm done with it.

Quote:

The Africa thing is an inside joke known to a few on this board. Had it been any other continent I wouldn't have said a word. And let's just say if you knew the facts behind the joke you wouldn't be sitting at your computer right now. :shock:

BO

Thank you, I love you man...

Kind of disappointed that you didn't have a tale about growing up as Tarzan's adopted son, and swinging from vines in the jungle. Actually, my guess was that you were the son of an African missionary. However, whether you were once a vine swinger or a missionary's son, or none of the above, you have a new friend in Cloudy...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:01 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

BO-zan? How could people accuse this guy of borging in the past when his main form of transportation is a vine? I'm no expert in the matter, but I've never heard of Jungle Google.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

BO

I have heard about the African study material..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
I think there is a story here. One that I and many others would like to hear. Don't worry BO, I'm with you on this one. I would love to hear your story. Once again, don't worry, for the most part I'm a good guy. Please tell us the story of how you came to learn about Africa.

Hey Cloudy,

Ask BO about the time he got lost in the Great Rift Valley and had to find his keys and drive out...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:14 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

-BO- wrote:

We've been on BT about this for years and how it could easily be fixed. Naturally it is not and those at BT probably look at those top averages and think what intelligent players they have during lunch.

BO

The best way to fix the LT problem (unique games for each time slot, regardless of time zone) would also remove the medals and top 100's as there would no longer be any qualifying games.

Scrambling the order of questions in each game wouldn't work well. the hacks would still work but it would take a little bit of extra memory/recording work

Post subject: Re: MITCHWOLF, it's great to be back...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
MITCHWOLF, it's great to be back and read your words of wit once again. As long as my life and circumstances permit, I will do my best to post on the "ScaRatings" and make a fool of myself.

Glad you're back and I guess we all made Chip the Bartender forgotten. Unless i find the post and ask any word on him.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:01 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

I've known this guy for nearly 20 years now. I've sat beside him at the bar for more than 1,000 games, and I ain't seen him cheat yet. He's as honest and honorable as the day is long. Indeed, he is honest to a fault. He is one of a very small group of people, whom I bestow Cloudy's highest compliment upon... I'd take FSHMAN as my wingman in combat in a heartbeat. Yep, FSHMAN is loyal, honest, true, and would never, never, never cheat on anything, let alone something as trivial as NTN Trivia.

Cloudy, have you ever looked at all the Fshmans listed on the top trivia players rankings on BT, CD & LTT ? That's what they are talking about. Look at the gameplay histories (not the qualifying games).

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_averages.php?g=60

Scar,

Rankings on "BT, CD, & LTT..." I'm old and it takes me a while to figure out what you young guys, with your text messanging abreviations are talking about. However, after a couple minutes of pondering, I'm gonna guess that "BT" stands for Buzz Time Triia, and that "LTT" stands for Luch Time Trivia. Sadly, the only thing I can think of for "CD" is compact disc, and I know that ain't right.

However, to answer your question, no, I've never looked at the listings that you mentioned for FSHMAN, myself, or anyone. Hell, I would have to call you to find out how to look them up...

Damn, I'm still befuddled by "CD"... No, Continental Divide can't be right... No again, Continental Drift ain't right either... There was I guy I knew in 7th grade, Chuck Dougalecki. The initials fit, but alas, I'm grasping at straws now.

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
BO-zan? How could people accuse this guy of borging in the past when his main form of transportation is a vine? I'm no expert in the matter, but I've never heard of Jungle Google.

Great post, obviosly you must know FSHMAN, assuming that is whom you are referring to. Yes, FSHMAN goes through life without out a care. He roams from bar to bar without a car. Thank goodness, vines are every where.

FSHMAN, look out for that tree...!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:25 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Hey Cloudy,

Ask BO about the time he got lost in the Great Rift Valley and had to find his keys and drive out...

Yep, I'm pretty sure the Great Rift Valley is somewhere in Africa. Though I have never been there yet, I've heard that the road signs there are pretty screwed up. I have also heard, that if you go to your car and can't find your keys, go back to the bar, and they will sell them back to you. (The cheaper the car, the cheaper the keys.) If all else fails, as I understand it, an elephant ride back to the hotel really doesn't cost all that much...

Post subject: Re: MITCHWOLF, it's great to be back...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:54 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Glad you're back and I guess we all made Chip the Bartender forgotten. Unless i find the post and ask any word on him.

Oh no... Chip the bartened WILL return...! He and his thread will leap to life again. I've probably put enough silly posts on this thread that's it time to get back to where silly and outrageous posts belong... "CHIP THE BARTENDER" here we come... ! ! !

Where will we re-start "CHIP THE BARTENDER"...? We will figure it out somehow. Where will "CHIP THE BARTENDER" end...? Damn, how easy a question can that be...? The answer is NEVER...!

Gotta go to sleep, but the good Lord willing, I'll do my best to get the "CHIP THE BARTENDER" thread smoking as soon as I can.

p.s. Please, don't anyone bring FSHMAN stuff over to the "CHIP THE BARTENDER" thread. I think that we have all had enough of that, so let's put it to rest and move one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:57 pm 
Air Jordan

Now Lunchtime Trivia is going to be easier? And Buzztime says thank you? Stop the madness! I pretty much only play Lunchtime Trivia, and it does not need to be DUMBED DOWN! Where is BO to help me with this?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:21 pm 
Himself Fodder

dexter wrote:
Now Lunchtime Trivia is going to be easier? And Buzztime says thank you? Stop the madness! I pretty much only play Lunchtime Trivia, and it does not need to be DUMBED DOWN! Where is BO to help me with this?

I tend to agree with you on this Dex, unfortunately right now I'm busy trying to stop BT from committing suicide with this east/west split proposal. Then there's the absurdity of their new schedule placing premium games before games like Brainbuster.

It's on the list, but it's a long fucking list right now. Thankfully BTT is going away and CD is supposed to have lesser pop culture content and more difficult.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
dexter wrote:

I tend to agree with you on this Dex, unfortunately right now I'm busy trying to stop BT from committing suicide with this east/west split proposal. Then there's the absurdity of their new schedule placing premium games before games like Brainbuster.

It's on the list, but it's a long fucking list right now. Thankfully BTT is going away and CD is supposed to have lesser pop culture content and more difficult.

BO

I think we're all (nervously) awaiting [fearing] what buzztime's actual definitions of "easier Lunchtime Trivia," "lesser pop culture more difficult CD" and "more pop culture LateNight Trivia" actually mean. How much easier is LTT going to get? What percent of CD will now be pop culture? 0% 10% 20% 30%? What percent of LNT will be pop culture? 70% 80% 90% 100%? I'm hoping not 100%. If it's 100%, why not just run mini-Spotlight games instead, like they used to do with mini-Six (TP). At least that would more interesting.

As (all too) often, the words "exciting buzztime changes" are usually anything but, at least 75% of the time :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:53 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'll take a look at the new LT after the changes. but I don't expect to be playing the new version.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 am 
Air Jordan

Lunchtime Trivia also has a block of 3 repeat games on Saturdays that some players here in AZ are using to their advantage to get perfect scores. Take a look at this player:

http://www.buzztime.com/profile?pid=241516&tn=trivia&dn=t7&d=88&stp=av

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

You got more problems with Arizona, start with that cheating fucknut ROGUE, and whatever handle he decides to run. ROGUE has been doing this for YEARS. I want to kick his ass.