New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 10/15 SIX
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:28 am 
Lotsa Posta

I can't believe no one has been here yet to complain about the "Tony Romo threw his 500th touchdown pass last weekend" answer in tonight's SIX. I know less about sports than I do about modern country music, i.e., next to freakin' nothing, and I was one of the chorus at Stewart's tonight to shout, "Peyton Manning." It was one of those that our fingers weren't even on the buttons to salvage the bonus when the clue came up pointing to the wrong answer. Judging by the final scores, many teams were in the same boat tonight, though.

Honestly, my give-a-fuck-o-meter is dipping pretty low these days when it comes to Buzztime. And that makes me sad.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone here ever been to Paraguay? Non-trivia related question, so please PM me if anyone has travel tips for Asuncion. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: 10/15 SIX
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Yes even I will confess that's even more egregious than phantom exclusions of important plot elements from 1984, and yes it blew the bonus for us too. A reminder to us all that with clued questions no matter how much we know we are right, there's a not insignificant chance that the ESN interns at BT are wrong.

Unless of course we have all forgotten Romo's stunning 285 touchdown game a couple of weeks ago. Either that or they were clueless fucktards once again. Which is more likely?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I don't get to play often, but when I do this shit always happens. Can we have a more clueless company from top to bottom?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. At the site where I was whacking away, Manning wasn't a choice; the only other that I remember was Tom Brady. :roll: :(

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:57 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

The options displayed at Atlas Pizza were

1 Tony Romo
2 Brett Favre
3 Peyton Manning

I salvaged 80 points, only because I was paying attention to the clue. Broadway award, or something like that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
I can't believe no one has been here yet to complain about the "Tony Romo threw his 500th touchdown pass last weekend" answer in tonight's SIX. I know less about sports than I do about modern country music, i.e., next to freakin' nothing, and I was one of the chorus at Stewart's tonight to shout, "Peyton Manning." It was one of those that our fingers weren't even on the buttons to salvage the bonus when the clue came up pointing to the wrong answer. Judging by the final scores, many teams were in the same boat tonight, though.

Honestly, my give-a-fuck-o-meter is dipping pretty low these days when it comes to Buzztime. And that makes me sad.

Getting knocked out of the Wed-Six tourney because of the Louis XIV/Louis XVI fiasco was my final straw after having already put up with that sort of garbage/lack of effort by the Six writer over the previous few years. Now I only play when visitors are in town.
Last night was only the sixth time I've played Wednesday Six in the last 5 years
With the exception of the 7/24 game from earlier this year, the other five games have featured at least one major content or editing error; one of those games had two major flubs and another had three.
And yet the dozen Thursday Six games I've played in that time frame have all been just fine with only one exception from May 2012.
I simply cannot understand how you guys put up with this constant garbage on Wednesdays.

But, to slake your curiosity, given the results from my Wednesday sample group, I didn't post about it because I just assumed this sort of thing happened constantly and everyone was simply too inured to even bother mentioning the rank stupidity/apathy that I've come to expect as a matter of course from the moron that writes and edits (snicker) this game.
This imbecile has absolutely no business being in the trivia industry.
Were I a guidance counselor I might suggest an exciting career as a door stop or something else befitting his/her skill set. I hear ditch digging is a burgeoning market.
FYI , the pointy end is the one that goes into the dirt.
Glad to help.

Last edited by spotes on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
The options displayed at Atlas Pizza were

1 Tony Romo
2 Brett Favre
3 Peyton Manning

I salvaged 80 points, only because I was paying attention to the clue. Broadway award, or something like that

My board had:

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tony Romo

I also noticed the third clue, but that still doesn't help.
Because, at that point, I don't know if the clue is wrong and the right answer is keyed in or if the clue is correct and the corresponding wrong answer is keyed in.
At that point, we're merely guessing on a 50/50 as to which way they're a complete 24-carat ignoramus.
The only way to successfully navigate this is if, like Liljol, you didn't have the correct answer as an option and simply waited for the clue to point the way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. At JT's Pub & Grill, we saw Brady, Romo & Favre. With Manning not there we tried Brady (okay, okay), and only three of our five managed to salvage anything. :( :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 pm 
Lotsa Posta

spotes wrote:
Akbar71 wrote:

Getting knocked out of the Wed-Six tourney because of the Louis XIV/Louis XVI fiasco was my final straw after having already put up with that sort of garbage/lack of effort by the Six writer over the previous few years. Now I only play when visitors are in town.
Last night was only the sixth time I've played Wednesday Six in the last 5 years
With the exception of the 7/24 game from earlier this year, the other five games have featured at least one major content or editing error; one of those games had two major flubs and another had three.
And yet the dozen Thursday Six games I've played in that time frame have all been just fine with only one exception from May 2012.
I simply cannot understand how you guys put up with this constant garbage on Wednesdays.

But, to slake your curiosity, given the results from my Wednesday sample group, I didn't post about it because I just assumed this sort of thing happened constantly and everyone was simply too inured to even bother mentioning the rank stupidity/apathy that I've come to expect as a matter of course from the moron that writes and edits (snicker) this game.
This imbecile has absolutely no business being in the trivia industry.
Were I a guidance counselor I might suggest an exciting career as a door stop or something else befitting his/her skill set. I hear ditch digging is a burgeoning market.
FYI , the pointy end is the one that goes into the dirt.
Glad to help.
I don't play Thursdays, as I'm working, but I watch the questions when I can. Given the number of times I have seen either the exact same matching questions (albeit with different choices) or very, very close to the same, I assumed it was the same writer(s).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:39 pm 
Lotsa Posta

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. At JT's Pub & Grill, we saw Brady, Romo & Favre. With Manning not there we tried Brady (okay, okay), and only three of our five managed to salvage anything. :( :roll:

See, this really pisses me off. It's bad enough that the answers are in different places at different bars (BT's totally fool-proof way to prevent East-West cheating), that the distractors wipe differently at different bars (for no reason whatsoever), but there are actually different distractors at different bars?!? WTF?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:49 pm 
Himself Fodder

Akbar71 wrote:
See, this really pisses me off. It's bad enough that the answers are in different places at different bars (BT's totally fool-proof way to prevent East-West cheating), that the distractors wipe differently at different bars (for no reason whatsoever), but there are actually different distractors at different bars?!? WTF?

We've known this for probably 5 years. Most of time the question is simply one recycled from CD and the local CPU randomly removes 1 or 2 choices depending on the round. The fun happens when the CPU actually removes the correct answer which has occurred on more than one occasion.

And the answers aren't in different places at different locations because of the split, it's to combat the mobile device dickbags who will login to another site while sitting in a BT location and getting answers ahead of time due to poorly synched CPU's. It's actually one of the few good changes BT has made in the last few years.

And yes, it is stupid that answers wipe differently (as in the final question of SD). We've been mentioning this for probably 10 years now, apparently it hasn't done any good. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:55 pm 
Lotsa Posta

-BO- wrote:

And the answers aren't in different places at different locations because of the split, it's to combat the mobile device dickbags who will login to another site while sitting in a BT location and getting answers ahead of time due to poorly synched CPU's. It's actually one of the few good changes BT has made in the last few years.
Alright. That makes sense.
-BO- wrote:
We've known this for probably 5 years. Most of time the question is simply one recycled from CD and the local CPU randomly removes 1 or 2 choices depending on the round. The fun happens when the CPU actually removes the correct answer which has occurred on more than one occasion.
That can't be what happened here though; it was a brand-new question, no?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:50 am 
Himself Fodder

Akbar71 wrote:
-BO- wrote:
That can't be what happened here though; it was a brand-new question, no?

Sure it was a brand new question, but knowing how they tend to build these games in addition to locations having different distractors, the only logical explanation is that the question was composed in CD format.

But of course since this is BT the actual explanation is probably something totally different. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:13 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Maybe they were counting pick-sixes.