New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can they not even be consistent in fucking up?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:44 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

OK so I lost a very good albeit not great (very high 50s) Six by sticking with what I knew to be true over BTs patently false last clue two weeks ago. This time thinking I had learned my lesson I followed their patently false last clue on Topix (a rare Friday topic I am interested in enough to bother with) and lost a perfect game. Still finished first with two other 14000s whom I did not recognize but confidently predict did the exact same thing, going as I did with the utter bullshit that Michael Myers' mother in the 2007 reboot was not a stripper. Since 13 of the other 14 were gimmes even for mediocre horror movie fans and nobody got above 14k, it's nigh obvious that all serious players lost the full amount on the same question.

If it was always their clue that was wrong or their answer that was it would make it much easier.

Post subject: Re: Can they not even be consistent in fucking up?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hate it when that happens. This company is a complete joke.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

A really good one in Playback tonight...

They accidentally coded it so that the # round ended up in the Triviaoke round, and the Triviaoke round ended up in the # round. In the past, we've seen that particular screwup happen for a question, but never for all 10 questions.

That was real fun trying to play Triviaoke in a # round format. Here's 4-5 words of a song you may or may not know. You don't get any additional lyrics. You also don't get to see the other choices ahead of time. Pick the lyric that comes later in the song when it momentarily flashes on the screen for a couple seconds. Good luck! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:58 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

poman wrote:
A really good one in Playback tonight...

They accidentally coded it so that the # round ended up in the Triviaoke round, and the Triviaoke round ended up in the # round. In the past, we've seen that particular screwup happen for a question, but never for all 10 questions.

That was real fun trying to play Triviaoke in a # round format. Here's 4-5 words of a song you may or may not know. You don't get any additional lyrics. You also don't get to see the other choices ahead of time. Pick the lyric that comes later in the song when it momentarily flashes on the screen for a couple seconds. Good luck! :lol:

On top of that, the miscoded third round that should have been Triviaoke was another Countdown round where you were getting the final clue before the clock ticked down. This helped our score a lot and we ended up 4th in the East

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:50 am 
Centenarian

Kind of an interesting way to play the Triviaoke round, though. Makes you test your knowledge of these songs and their lyrics. Think we got five or six of them correct in the round under the "new" format. Hopefully, though, they return to the "regular" format next week.