New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TOPIX Jan 5, 2017 No No No No No!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:31 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Question 1--question asked to name the largest type of black bear. Answer Buzztime wanted was Kodiak bear. As Cvavra put his head on the bar, I sputtered that the Kodiak bear was of course a brown bear, Ursus Arctos Middendorfi. To be sure, I have checked the web site of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, which specifically states there are no black bears on Kodiak Island. Harrumph!

Post subject: Re: TOPIX Jan 5, 2017 No No No No No!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:28 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

thanks, at the time i thought that was not right.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

And continuing a trend, a question from Trendalicious tonight asked... Which of these snowy NFL teams plays in the smallest city venue?

Venue apparently did not mean stadium capacity.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:45 am 
Lotsa Posta

Merkin wrote:
As Cvavra put his head on the bar,

Was CVAVRA further traumatized to learn, on the subsequent question, that carrion is an animal which bears enjoy eating?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I didn't take my previous post far enough.

The carrion is indeed an unusual animal, in that it's preferred habitat is asphalt, but could there be a niche market for the serial entrepreneur? Perhaps a carrion ranch, where the carrion are organically fed and free range, in a comforting environment without paved roads? MERKIN, you wanna go in with me? If we could expand the market beyond Bears (for convenience sake, the home market would be Cook County), we might eventually be able to diversify, and take up the breeding of three-legged pigs. I'm a great admirer of your game play, MERKIN, and wish to consult you before soliciting venture capital.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:28 pm 
Lotsa Posta

POMAN wrote:
Which of these snowy NFL teams plays in the smallest city venue?

Thank you, POMAN. Now that I'm fairly launched, and the temperature is hovering around 0 F in Mouse Hollow, the city of East Rutherford NJ has a population of 8,000, who, this evening, were unable to cheer their New York Giants over the Green Bay (~100,000) Packers. Ironically, the stadium located in New Jersey seats 82,001 (making allowance for Jimmy Hoffa, embedded), which means that there are ten seats available for every resident in the community. East Rutherford is at once the smallest city to host a snowy NFL venue, and the largest venue. No other NFL stadium has a larger capacity.

And if there is anyone in Foxboro, may the God of the Puritans have mercy on his soul.

A very nice post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:34 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

The Cowboys stadium seats 80,000 but I have seen the listed capacity as 100,000 - 105,000 when including standing room.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:35 pm 
Himself Fodder

GONE D wrote:
Ironically, the stadium located in New Jersey seats 82,001 (making allowance for Jimmy Hoffa, embedded), which means that there are ten seats available for every resident in the community. East Rutherford is at once the smallest city to host a snowy NFL venue, and the largest venue. No other NFL stadium has a larger capacity.

Jimmy Hoffa was supposedly entombed within Giants Stadium which closed in 2009, not Met Life Stadium the current home of the Giants. And if you want to look at some wiki list that says Met Life has the biggest capacity (measured by seats) that's fine. But as Uncle Scar stated, Jerry World can hold over 100,000 crazed Cowboy fans since there are specified areas designated standing room only.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:45 pm 
Lotsa Posta

GONE D wrote:
I didn't take my previous post far enough.

The carrion is indeed an unusual animal, in that it's preferred habitat is asphalt, but could there be a niche market for the serial entrepreneur? Perhaps a carrion ranch, where the carrion are organically fed and free range, in a comforting environment without paved roads? MERKIN, you wanna go in with me? If we could expand the market beyond Bears (for convenience sake, the home market would be Cook County), we might eventually be able to diversify, and take up the breeding of three-legged pigs. I'm a great admirer of your game play, MERKIN, and wish to consult you before soliciting venture capital.

Thanks GONE D. I will scout appropriate Chicago sites for our carrion ranch. We need to crowd source this--everyone go into your parents purses and wallets and send us those green things.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:09 pm 
Centenarian

GONE D wrote:
Merkin wrote:
As Cvavra put his head on the bar,

Was CVAVRA further traumatized to learn, on the subsequent question, that carrion is an animal which bears enjoy eating?

Might be overstating it slightly with traumatized.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:03 pm 
Lotsa Posta

The carryout place across from Teasers has very good sweet and sour carrion. Not sure if it's kosher though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:31 pm 
Lotsa Posta

CVAVRA wrote:
Might be overstating it slightly with traumatized.

Maybe it was just me pounding my head against the bar, and I was projecting. Those who follow these pages recognize that I am frequently in error, and more regrettably, not especially apologetic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 pm 
Lotsa Posta

MERKIN, I'm not seeing any venture capital flowing into this thread. Our readers are tight with their money. Maybe we could start with the three-legged pigs, and set up bleachers around the breeding area.

-BO- wrote:
But as Uncle Scar stated, Jerry World can hold over 100,000 crazed Cowboy fans since there are specified areas designated standing room only.

Thank you, BO and SCAR both. It hadn't occurred to me that anyone would pay to stand up to watch a football game - twenty minutes of action compressed into a mere three hours - which I typically watch, seated, in Sony Stadium, and during the commercial breaks and halftime mop the kitchen and the two bathrooms, vacuum the carpet, dust the bookshelves, etc.

It's almost like BO is daring me to employ the phrases, "Texas football," and "Clinically sane," in the same sentence, but I'm not going to fall for any of his tricks.

Back in the Nixon Era, I played nose tackle in a 5-3 defensive front at a school which currently competes at the 4A level (out of 5) in MN. Mom thinks I took too many shots to the head. But she's really sweet about it.

As for CVAVRA: it's obvious he wants to jump back in. MERKIN, did CVAVRA pass concussion protocol? Both the C Monster and I can distinguish brown bears from black. Which leaves hanging the question, what do you do about bears? I couldn't do a damn thing with them.

When the question appeared, I took Bergmann's. Monsters of the Midway? Chicagoan bears would have been a plausible option, but didn't appear in the drop-down box. And the Bearski's are black anyhow. Maybe Mom has a point. She keeps telling me that she's losing her mind, but she stuck me with my current roommate, Dad. And I fell for it.

Too many shots to the head.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:14 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
The carryout place across from Teasers has very good sweet and sour carrion. Not sure if it's kosher though.

Don't forget Vulture Airlines...

No extra charges for carrion luggage.