New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Not a "wrong" question but a "bad" one
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:35 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

On Saturday, March 9 of Playback, in the first round there was a question "Which of the following was a one-hit wonder?" The choices were Paul Young and John Parr. It was a poor choice as John Parr had two top 30 hits and Paul Young had 5 top 30 hits.

Post subject: Re: Not a "wrong" question but a "bad" one
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:19 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BGTUNA wrote:
On Saturday, March 9 of Playback, in the first round there was a question "Which of the following was a one-hit wonder?" The choices were Paul Young and John Parr. It was a poor choice as John Parr had two top 30 hits and Paul Young had 5 top 30 hits.

Neither was a one-hit wonder, so it was a "wrong" question. The Queen question was a correct one, but kind of trivial for a 70s rock headliner. They wanted their 1st top 10, and apparently Killer Queen (their 1st hit) made it to 12, and Bohemian Rhapsody made it to 9. I figured most top players would have missed that for 12k+ points, but apparently not :|

Post subject: Re: Not a "wrong" question but a "bad" one
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

clark wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:

Neither was a one-hit wonder, so it was a "wrong" question. The Queen question was a correct one, but kind of trivial for a 70s rock headliner. They wanted their 1st top 10, and apparently Killer Queen (their 1st hit) made it to 12, and Bohemian Rhapsody made it to 9. I figured most top players would have missed that for 12k+ points, but apparently not :|

I went with Bohemian Rhapsody because it was the first single I ever bought (as far as I remember). Maybe not the best strategy to use, but it worked! :)