New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Incorrect Questions Forum
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:50 am 
Air Jordan

On 4/16/11, LT Trivia, 12:15pm MST, the factoid is incorrect after the question regarding Which of the quotes is not from TV?, answer being, Go ahead, make my day. The factoid says it is from "Dirty Harry", indicating the movie of the same name. The quote is from "Sudden Impact", the 4th Dirty Harry movie.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:09 pm 
Centenarian

dexter wrote:
On 4/16/11, LT Trivia, 12:15pm MST, the factoid is incorrect after the question regarding Which of the quotes is not from TV?, answer being, Go ahead, make my day. The factoid says it is from "Dirty Harry", indicating the movie of the same name. The quote is from "Sudden Impact", the 4th Dirty Harry movie.

You are right. The correction has been made.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:17 am 
King or Queen Postalot

Here's one that's been bugging me from the May 3rd Oh Canada! game (west):

"Which of these is a nature walk in Mount Revelstoke National Park?"

I precalled Meadows in the Sky, since there's a roadway by the same name winding its way up the mountain, and I figured that's what the area at the top is be called, too. However, the answer given was Skunk Cabbage. Now, Skunk Cabbage is indeed a nature walk in MRNP (until I looked it up, I was concerned it was in nearby Glacier), but I'm of the opinion that question had two correct answers

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:25 pm 
Centenarian

pengwn wrote:
Here's one that's been bugging me from the May 3rd Oh Canada! game (west):

"Which of these is a nature walk in Mount Revelstoke National Park?"

I precalled Meadows in the Sky, since there's a roadway by the same name winding its way up the mountain, and I figured that's what the area at the top is be called, too. However, the answer given was Skunk Cabbage. Now, Skunk Cabbage is indeed a nature walk in MRNP (until I looked it up, I was concerned it was in nearby Glacier), but I'm of the opinion that question had two correct answers

I agree. There are two correct answers. I will pass that along to our Canadian editors.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

While we're at it, on yesterday's Showdown there was a question about characters from Beverly Cleary books. One of the characters mentioned was "Henry Higgins," when it should have been "Henry Huggins."

That slight tremor you felt afterwards was George Bernard Shaw shifting in his grave...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, while this isn't about an incorrect question, it's about a not so well worded factoid. :o

One of the BT or Countdown questions on Friday asked something like "Which two cities are connected by I-97?" The answer, Baltimore-Annapolis is correct, however the factoid added something like "...at 17.6 miles, I-97 is the shortest Interstate highway..."

I-97 is certainly the shortest two digit Interstate highway, confirmed by Wiki :roll:. Wiki also confirms that there are several three digit Interstate highways that are shorter. FWIW, three of them are in the Horribly Site-Poor San Francisco Bay Area. :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 am 
Centenarian

liljol wrote:
Well, while this isn't about an incorrect question, it's about a not so well worded factoid. :o

One of the BT or Countdown questions on Friday asked something like "Which two cities are connected by I-97?" The answer, Baltimore-Annapolis is correct, however the factoid added something like "...at 17.6 miles, I-97 is the shortest Interstate highway..."

I-97 is certainly the shortest two digit Interstate highway, confirmed by Wiki :roll:. Wiki also confirms that there are several three digit Interstate highways that are shorter. FWIW, three of them are in the Horribly Site-Poor San Francisco Bay Area. :cry:

You are correct, Lil One! I've reworded it.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:22 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

In the 6:30 ET Countdown, there was a question about which Nazi was hung at Auschwitz? Answer was given as Rudolph Hess but he was never hung. Died of old age. I did paraphrase the question.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
In the 6:30 ET Countdown, there was a question about which Nazi was hung at Auschwitz? Answer was given as Rudolph Hess but he was never hung. Died of old age. I did paraphrase the question.

I didn't play tonight, but I'll wager that the name was spelled "Rudolph Hoess". Hoess was commandant of Auschwitz and was indeed hung there until dead.
You are referring to Rudolph Hess, the very last prisoner of both the Tower of London and Spandau Prison.
Similar name, different fellas.
Easily confusing but accurate question depending upon spelling.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:24 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

spotes wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

I didn't play tonight, but I'll wager that the name was spelled "Rudolph Hoess". Hoess was commandant of Auschwitz and was indeed hung there until dead.
You are referring to Rudolph Hess, the very last prisoner of both the Tower of London and Spandau Prison.

Ill take that wager as my spelling was correct. They need to fix the spelling.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
spotes wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

You are correct...spelled Hess, not Hoess...thus not a good question.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:48 am 
Centenarian

tchoiniere wrote:

You are correct. It turns out we have two versions of the question. One spelled correctly as Hoess, the other incorrectly as Hess. You shouldn't see the Hess one anymore.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
spotes wrote:
tchoiniere wrote:

And this is exactly why I stay as far away from Vegas as possible... :(
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

In the STC game from 5/16 there was a question about Thurman Munson batting .529 in his first World Series.
The factoid stated that his Yankees were swept by the Dodgers in that 1976 series. ( Nice catch GAVV.)
I suspect west coast wishful thinking from the question writer.
It was the Reds that walloped the Spankees in '76.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:59 am 
Centenarian

spotes wrote:
In the STC game from 5/16 there was a question about Thurman Munson batting .529 in his first World Series.
The factoid stated that his Yankees were swept by the Dodgers in that 1976 series. ( Nice catch GAVV.)
I suspect west coast wishful thinking from the question writer.
It was the Reds that walloped the Spankees in '76.

You are correct! Dodgers has been changed to Reds.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:18 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tom - I know this probably isn't your department, but can you please pass the word to where it needs to go that the network rankings are not appearing at the conclusion of the Playback game. This is the 5th week in a row that this has happened. This is extremely frustrating. This is a premium game. People want to see how everyone fared in premium game, even moreso than Countdown/buzztime.

For two weeks, there was a problem with the rankings not appearing after all the premium games. Yes, that general problem has been fixed. But now Playback is the only premium game where rankings are not appearing at the end of the game.

The problem is because of those polling questions. When New Playback was rolled out, there was only enough time to show one flip of the rankings. While that's disappointing, we all know the same thing happens in the 15-minute buzztime games. So, okay, we've learned to live with just one flip of the rankings.

But if you tried to add in two polling questions at the end of a 15-minute buzztime game, there would never be enough time left over to show rankings.

And that's what's happening with Playback. The polling questions eat up all the available time to show rankings. Either the polling questions for Playback need to be ditched or a couple minutes of ads at the end of the game need to be ditched. If you're not going to remove the polling questions, then I'd suggest just pulling two minutes of the self-promo "stay and play" ads. Those types of ads should not be aired in lieu of the network rankings.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:48 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
Tom - I know this probably isn't your department, but can you please pass the word to where it needs to go that the network rankings are not appearing at the conclusion of the Playback game. This is the 5th week in a row that this has happened. This is extremely frustrating. This is a premium game. People want to see how everyone fared in premium game, even moreso than Countdown/buzztime.

For two weeks, there was a problem with the rankings not appearing after all the premium games. Yes, that general problem has been fixed. But now Playback is the only premium game where rankings are not appearing at the end of the game.

The problem is because of those polling questions. When New Playback was rolled out, there was only enough time to show one flip of the rankings. While that's disappointing, we all know the same thing happens in the 15-minute buzztime games. So, okay, we've learned to live with just one flip of the rankings.

But if you tried to add in two polling questions at the end of a 15-minute buzztime game, there would never be enough time left over to show rankings.

And that's what's happening with Playback. The polling questions eat up all the available time to show rankings. Either the polling questions for Playback need to be ditched or a couple minutes of ads at the end of the game need to be ditched. If you're not going to remove the polling questions, then I'd suggest just pulling two minutes of the self-promo "stay and play" ads. Those types of ads should not be aired in lieu of the network rankings.

Glad I left when this is happening. I agree with POMAN, we need to ditch the "Do you like it" polls, ENOUGH ALREADY.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:13 pm 
Lotsa Posta

The problem been reported and according to BT in Facebook, it's being worked on.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
The problem been reported and according to BT in Facebook, it's being worked on.

Saw that post. cool

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:04 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Fox Sports Trivia Challenge last night had Dwayne Roloson's name spelled as Duane Roloson. One would think Fox Sports would be able to get an athlete's name spelled correctly...but it is Fox after all :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:17 am 
Centenarian

UCFHCY wrote:
Fox Sports Trivia Challenge last night had Dwayne Roloson's name spelled as Duane Roloson. One would think Fox Sports would be able to get an athlete's name spelled correctly...but it is Fox after all :roll:

Thanks for pointing that out. I will inform the people at Fox of their error. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:15 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

In the first round of today's Showdown game there was a question that had The Kentucky Derby as the answer. The factoid stated that the race was run on the first Sunday in May - it should say the first Saturday in May.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Derby

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:36 am 
Himself Fodder

There was also a misspelling in another factoid in SD if memory serves. Can't remember offhand what it was.

Also, in BrainBuster there was a question asking which country declared independence in 1991. After firmly stating it definitely wasn't Eritrea because they were 1993, I was not pleased to see Eritrea as the desired answer. Now, I suppose it might depend on exactly how the question was worded due to the process involved with Eritrea, but the way I read it, there was no correct answer.

BO

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:07 am 
Golden Tee Master

QBB wrote:
In the first round of today's Showdown game there was a question that had The Kentucky Derby as the answer. The factoid stated that the race was run on the first Sunday in May - it should say the first Saturday in May.

Shame on Buzztime. Don't ever come to Louisville. That mistake would be a hanging offense in this town. :P

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:43 am 
Centenarian

QBB wrote:

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out. :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next