New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Incorrect Questions Forum
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

A couple from Lunchtime Trivia, Friday, 1/10/2014...

Q7, 1100 - 2nd clue was something like "DON'T COL US". Both Columbia and Colorado were choices (answer was Missouri). :(

Q1, 1130 - 3rd clue was "KISS THE BRIDLE". The answer was STEER, which answered the question of what one does with a bridle. :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:37 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

During the Countdown game broadcast at 2:30 CST on the fifteenth, a question asked which school listed was founded to educate ministers. I hit Harvard, because that is famously why it was founded. Imagine my surprise when Princeton was the answer. It Buzztime retains this question, they need to remove Harvard as a distractor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:38 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

There was a question either Saturday or Sunday (1/25-26) which asked who was third in the line of succession to the British throne. The given answer was Prince Harry, which was true at one point it time, however he has since been supplanted by his nephew Prince George.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. From Tuesday, January 28, 2014...

Lunchtime, 12:15 - Q6 asked who released "American Fool" (JOHN COUGAR). The third clue was SUMMER CAMP, which likely was to point to JOHN COUGAR MELLENCAMP. :roll:

Lunchtime, 12:30 - Q5 asked about a maker of watches (SWATCH). The last line of the factoid went something like "CREATED WATCHED FOR SWATCH." :(

Countdown, 2:30 - Q2, one of the choices was JANE CURTAIN. :cry:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:42 am 
Himself Fodder

liljol wrote:
Countdown, 2:30 - Q2, one of the choices was JANE CURTAIN. :cry:

Obviously the proofreader is an ignorant slut. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:01 pm 
Gettysburg

Last night in Spotlight, in the match across round, the clue Saved By The Bell had two correct choices, Mario Lopez and Mark Paul Gosselaar. We ,of course, picked MPG. Wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:33 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I am shocked that BT is capable of doing someting that absurd, unbelievable. :o

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:44 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Yesterday in lunchtime trivia, the question asked "what cartoon character has curly hair kept in a pony tail with a bow" the answer was judy jetson. I dont know about the rest of you , but I never considered judy jetson to have curly hair.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :(

Thursday, 2/14/2014, Countdown, 6:00, Q5 - Question asked something like what field Elizabeth Blackwell was responsible for advancing women (MEDICINE). The third clue was "DON'T TAKE MEDICINE". :cry:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:51 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Six on Thursday, 2/14 had two sports questions with errors in the Marathon round.

The second sports question that round said "Richard Hamilton won this award in 2004:" Thankfully, given the choices it was easy to deduce Buzztime's intention, as their answer was NCAA Final Four MOP, which Hamilton won in 1999, not 2004 (different UConn year). Of course, they picked a wrong year in which he did happen to win an NBA title, which led to some hesitation in figuring out their mistake.

Also, the other one I am uncertain of because I was so confused during the question, so perhaps somebody can confirm or deny. The question was simply "Who won the 2014 Rose Bowl?" The answer as given I think was "Michigan Spartans," and skimming the answers I must of misread it as Michigan Wolverines, as I hesitated for several seconds thinking that none of the given answers were correct. Did it say Michigan State Spartans and I am just confused, or did they make a mistake?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:05 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Jethro wrote:
Six on Thursday, 2/14 had two sports questions with errors in the Marathon round.

The second sports question that round said "Richard Hamilton won this award in 2004:" Thankfully, given the choices it was easy to deduce Buzztime's intention, as their answer was NCAA Final Four MOP, which Hamilton won in 1999, not 2004 (different UConn year). Of course, they picked a wrong year in which he did happen to win an NBA title, which led to some hesitation in figuring out their mistake.

Also, the other one I am uncertain of because I was so confused during the question, so perhaps somebody can confirm or deny. The question was simply "Who won the 2014 Rose Bowl?" The answer as given I think was "Michigan Spartans," and skimming the answers I must of misread it as Michigan Wolverines, as I hesitated for several seconds thinking that none of the given answers were correct. Did it say Michigan State Spartans and I am just confused, or did they make a mistake?

You are correct Jethro. The answer said Michigan Spartans, not Michigan State Spartans, nor Michigan Wolverines. I too hesitated a few seconds due to the faulty answer choice.

ALso the Richard Hamilton one caused a brief delay because I was thinking, "Wait a minute, that doesnt sound right". It seemed easy though to deduce which answer they must have wanted though, although he was NBA champ with Pistons in '04 too.

Great BT quality control at its finest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Paraphrease form 2/14 q 14 from the 4:30 eastern game: this financial institute founded in New England is:

Answer: State Street.

Disclaimer to get rid of Citicorp--No Citi Street

WTF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:07 am 
Lotsa Posta

tiefly wrote:
Paraphrease form 2/14 q 14 from the 4:30 eastern game: this financial institute founded in New England is:

Answer: State Street.

Disclaimer to get rid of Citicorp--No Citi Street

WTF

That got me, too. Happily, 14,055 wouldn't have garnered gold, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Spotlight 2/14/14, Flashback round. The second clue was Grammy Award - Steve Winwood "Higher Love"

Buzztime's answer was 1985.

"Higher Love" was awarded at the 1987 Grammy Awards for the 1986 chart year. So, whichever standard buzztime was looking for in that one, it was still wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:54 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

In a regular Buzztime trivia game on Saturday, March 1, the question was about which drug was tampered with, causing a scare in 1986. They incorrectly identified the drug as Excedrin. Anyone from Chicago will tell you that it was Tylenol that was laced with cyanide.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:42 pm 
Colt

BGTUNA wrote:
In a regular Buzztime trivia game on Saturday, March 1, the question was about which drug was tampered with, causing a scare in 1986. They incorrectly identified the drug as Excedrin. Anyone from Chicago will tell you that it was Tylenol that was laced with cyanide.

I was looking for Tylenol as well, but I thought they must have the date wrong, because the Tylenol story was earlier. I checked after, and there WAS an event in 1986 involving cyanide in Excedrin.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:45 pm 
Lotsa Posta

BGTUNA wrote:

Tylenol was 1982. Excedrin was 1986.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BGTUNA wrote:

I'm not sure that happened in 1986 though. In fact, according to Wikipedia, they happened late in '82.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Lunchtime, 1:00 Pacific, Q6 -

Question went something like "All of these are African-American writers, except:"

Correct answer, Shirley Chisholm; Langston Hughes was listed twice. :(

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :roll:

Countdown, 3:30 Pacific, Q4 - Question asked which politician was a Vietnam POW. Third clue was DEAR JOHN; John McCain (correct answer) and John Kerry were choices. :(

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Late Shift, 11:45 pm ET ? There was a question regarding pryoclastic flow. The factoid after the question used the correct word pyroclastic however.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:20 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

Last Thursday the North Carolina Topix game "asked which of these people were NOT born in North Carolina?" The orrect answer was give as Nat King Cole, but Michael Jordan (who was slso on the list of answers) was born in Brooklyn, NY.

CLIPPR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:40 pm 
Himself Fodder

April 1st ~530c CD there was a question about a river starting in Colorado, answer was Platte I believe. But Canadian was also a choice and there is at least one Canadian river that starts in Colorado.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

On the 10:30pm ET Late Shift was this question:

Which of the following five people is not a famous athlete? (The answer given was Norah Jones.) My guess is that this question began its life as a Countdown question, but still...

-- RWM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:20 pm 
Himself Fodder

zog741 wrote:
On the 10:30pm ET Late Shift was this question:

Which of the following five people is not a famous athlete? (The answer given was Norah Jones.) My guess is that this question began its life as a Countdown question, but still...

-- RWM

Basically every LTT and LS question began it's life as a CD question. It's been discussed more than once how they fit a CD Q into a game with less than 5 answers. Interesting things happen when they take a CD Q and transform it into a Marathon Six Q.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 697 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next