New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: First Solo Gold Medal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:03 pm 
Centenarian

I went back and forth on whether to post my good luck last night. If you played the 10:30ET The Late Shift and saw rankings I was up there with my first 10,000 solo efforts, in Huntington, WV. I decided to when I looked and noticed there wasn’t a thread to talk about first solo gold or interesting stories about getting an unexpected medal. So if anyone wants to share any stories about missed opportunities or a game of that was hard and you just had good luck feel free to post. :D

Post subject: Re: First Solo Gold Medal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:54 pm 
Lotsa Posta

googie wrote:
I went back and forth on whether to post my good luck last night. If you played the 10:30ET The Late Shift and saw rankings I was up there with my first 10,000 solo efforts, in Huntington, WV. I decided to when I looked and noticed there wasn’t a thread to talk about first solo gold or interesting stories about getting an unexpected medal. So if anyone wants to share any stories about missed opportunities or a game of that was hard and you just had good luck feel free to post. :D

Congrats, Googie. The first one's always sweet. But it's not luck when you win - it's skill. It's only luck if you lose.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:10 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

It's usually luck when I win :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Nuts. It's good luck when NTN runs questions I can get, and godawful, horrible luck whey they run questions I don't. :roll: :lol:

<--hoping one of these Saturdays to do the solo trifecta (perfect games in Lunchtime Trivia, Countdown, and The Late Shift)... :o

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I once won two consecutive Trivial Pursuit Interactive games playing six boxes solo in the winter of 1996.
I never bother mentioning it since I'm pretty sure that the statute of limitations for crowing has long since passed... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 am 
Centenarian

spotes wrote:
I once won two consecutive Trivial Pursuit Interactive games playing six boxes solo in the winter of 1996.
I never bother mentioning it since I'm pretty sure that the statute of limitations for crowing has long since passed... :mrgreen:

Well I didn't create the thread just to crow, but I noticed there was no thread to talk about gold medal games or memorable wins as far as I could find. If your a newbie or an old timer or someone inbetween like me it never hurts to say you enjoyed playing a game and you happen to have got a gold medal. :mrgreen:

P.S. Spotes crowing never has a statute of limitations. Classic examples: Battle of Thermopylae, American Revolution & World War II :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

In April, I stayed at Adams Mill for Late Shift, and played five boxes, as I was the only person left to play trivia. On my last game of the night, I had perfect games on four boxes (zog741, zog742, zog741b, and one guest), and had over 9900 on the other guest box. I think they were the only perfectos for that game; the Mill had a bar average of around 9982, which was 1500 higher than the #2 bar average.

When playing solo, as I wound up doing last night, I will usually settle for seeing my name on the network leader board; that happened on consecutive games last night. :)

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 am 

Congrats googie! No doubt the first of many. ;)

FOG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Remember when BT thought it was a good idea to show individual rankings from one location (highest scores regardless of how many came from a single site) instead of just single player from a site, like they do now? I think this great plan lasted less than a month.

I sat on the patio of my BWW with 5 PMs under various 'fly' handles, sipping a girl drink during Appeteasers *now LTT*, smoking an Acid Tea-infused cigar, and finished 1-5...twice. This month's LTT board is all solo 7K games.

FWIW--10K on last nights Immortal Words. When the local baord posted, it showed I had another 10K game last month...that I don't remember playing.

And liljol...I had the trifecta at 'palooza...plus heading the way for Bargos in Tuned In.

EGADS...just saw the Ironton, OH "gateway to southern Ohio' guestion.

It feels good to be a self-glorifying bastard again. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:

Keith Hernandez: You know, I hate to brag but I did win 11 straight gold gloves. I wouldn't have brought it up, but since you mentioned it...

Elaine: I didn't mention it

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
EGADS...just saw the Ironton, OH "gateway to southern Ohio' guestion.

Thanks a whole bunch, saw it in one of the last LTT games for the Pacific + Arizona time zone today. :roll:
tiefly wrote:
It feels good to be a self-glorifying bastard again. :)

<--egads... Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:17 pm 

So googie... I see you play in Ironton. How's Eric?

FOG :?:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:01 pm 
Centenarian

I remember my first solo perfecto in Countdown in Wing Warehouse in Northfield OH, a place that has long been free of Faux News.

Another player told me had never seen anyone put up a 15K perfecto, and bought me one of my pricey microbrews. Another upside-down shot glass came my way for my achievement, and, needless to say, I did not get another perfecto the rest of the day.

I've dpne others since, but that one was the most rewarding.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:03 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Missed opportunities, eh?

Lunchtime Trivia Feb 4, 2014, 8:15 am Buffalo Wild Wings Chester VA
Chester, VA 6,491 7 1st of 1 4th of 302

*drops mic*

:P