New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: the latest from NTN Buzztime's (Still) Site-Poor Backyard...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Whilst waiting more than a lil impatiently for BWW Sports Arena to open, some surprising developments have reared in The (Still) Site-Poor Backyard. :o

Opening about a week or so ago was Hacienda Casa Blanca, with tablets. It's across the way from one of the East County's major shopping malls, Parkway Plaza, on Johnson Ave, one of the main drags of that area. My first invasion...er, um... visit is planned for sometime this February.

My most recent lil peek into the list of sites offering tablets revealed a former site not far from BWW Encinitas that has changed hands more than a few times since it last had NTN Buzztime. 33 North is the new name for what was once one of the Indigo Joe's chain.

And, there will be a second BWW in San Diego County's second largest city, Chula Vista. This BWW has been designated as Chula Vista Eastlake, apparently in a shopping center just off the 125 toll road that serves the eastern part of Chula Vista. It could be more than a lil interesting to find out how to get there without having to cough up any toll charges. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Re: the latest from NTN Buzztime's (Still) Site-Poor Backyar
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
liljol wrote:

And, there will be a second BWW in San Diego County's second largest city, Chula Vista. This BWW has been designated as Chula Vista Eastlake, apparently in a shopping center just off the 125 toll road that serves the eastern part of Chula Vista. It could be more than a lil interesting to find out how to get there without having to cough up any toll charges. :roll:

You cheap lil bastiche. :shock: :lol:

I saw your grumpy lil butt up on the CD boards a couple of times this evening, nicely done. 8-) Image
All I could manage was a couple of top 100s.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
liljol wrote:

You cheap lil bastiche. :shock: :lol:

Image Heh, as if anyone else here needed any more proof what a lil old cheap grumpy bastard I am. :lol:

After a lil more poking around, that shopping center is Otay Ranch Town Center. Getting there without having to use that 125 toll road turns out to be way more than a lil easy. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:20 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. This past Thirsty Thursday the 6th was my first (and not last) visit to Hacienda Casa Blanca in El Cajon, the first site in NTN Buzztime's (Still) Site-Poor Backyard to have the tablet Playmakers that is not a BWW. Image It's in the Parkway West Shopping Center, across from the much larger Westfield Parkway Shopping Center, both named for Fletcher Parkway, which was once US 80.

As one might expect, Hacienda Casa Blanca is a Mexican restaurant. This first visit, this lil old grumpy cheap bastard contented his poor tired lil hungry ass with a most delicious carne asada salad. Image During my next visit in March, I plan to try what has been described as a most delicious seafood soup, called Siete Mares.

And, something tells me that the trivia players that have come in after my visit may have been more than a lil traumatized after seeing both the Lunchtime and Countdown scoreboards. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. A reliable source informed me on the status of the next two BWWs to open in NTN Buzztime's (Still) Site-Poor Backyard. BWW Sports Arena will open in a couple of weeks, followed closely by BWW Chula Vista Eastlake on or around St. Patrick's Day. :o Also, there will also be a BWW in Oceanside, where there are already a few other sites, of which I have yet to visit one (Tremont Street Bar & Grill, in downtown Oceanside, meaning I would have to pay to park and play; a condition not acceptable to my lil old cheap grumpy self). :(

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. BWW Sports Arena has opened. However, I was told today (to lil surprise) that Kristy's MVP will not be renewing. :cry:

My first visit to BWW Sports Arena could be this Thursday, 2/27. More likely, it will be instead Sunday, 3/9. Meanwhile, BWW Chula Vista Eastlake and 33 North in Encinitas are no longer showing under the listing of tablet Playmakers, though BWW Chula Vista Eastlake shows on the BWW site as coming soon. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. As of today, both BWW Chula Vista Eastlake and 33 North are showing again in the listing of tablet Playmakers. :roll: Apparently 33 North has just gotten their system installed, as they showed up a couple of times in the last couple of days. Supposedly BWW Chula Vista Eastlake is now scheduled to open on St. Patrick's Day. :o

However, later this week my plan is to make my second visit to Hacienda Casa Blanca in El Cajon. Next Sunday is my first planned visit to BWW Sports Arena.

From my observations these past few weeks at BWW Mission Valley and Encinitas, the obvious efforts to get tablet Playmakers in play has had lil if any noticeable adverse effect on Buzztime Trivia play. Mileage will likely vary by site, though.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hells bells. Indications are that NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard is getting dangerously close to once again becoming Horribly Site-Poor, like the rest of The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State. :(

A few weeks ago, the Playmakers at Kristy's MVP stopped working. Today, the Playmakers at Black Angus Chula Vista did the same. During my most recent visits to both Bridges and Fox Sports Grill, I was told that both sites will likely not renew their subscriptions. None of these four site losses are even a lil surprise, based on the dearth of play. :cry:

From what I've seen at other sites here, it would be way more than a lil surprise if the bleeding didn't stop. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. All of Black Angus Chula Vista, Bridges, and Fox Sports Grill have disappeared from SiteFinder. :cry:

BWW Oceanside has now appeared, but is likely in or about to go into soft opening phase. It's in a shopping center that has had NTN Buzztime at various times (Black Angus Oceanside, Spoons, Q Restaurant), a lil ways down El Camino Real from the long established Rookies.

Also, I was told by the manager of Black Angus El Cajon that they will soon get tablets. :( It remains to be seen when the only other Black Angus left in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard, on Friars Road, will also get them. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:15 pm 
Legal Member

Joel, with all the closures in the site-poor backyard and you trying to find a place to play, how come I never see any scores for you at Flick's? Surely they haven't scared you away.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:42 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

sinister wrote:
Joel, with all the closures in the site-poor backyard and you trying to find a place to play, how come I never see any scores for you at Flick's? Surely they haven't scared you away.

Well, hell. Flick's doesn't open until 2, so that makes them a non-option for Lunchtime. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:24 am 
Lotsa Posta

Two Black Angus sites in the OC have also removed BT. The Santa Ana location still has it and the manager says that believes that they will keep it as they have regular players. In addition, according to BT ratings, they are ranked 164 in the country.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

One of the most supportive owners here in NTN's Site-Poor Backyard passed away this afternoon. Alan Kajiwara, the owner of Tiny's Tavern in Ocean Beach (FWIW, the last remaining site in San Diego County close to the Pacific) had a major stoke last Thursday. He was an outstanding host and owner, even to this lil old grumpy bastard that somehow dragged himself there once an month at most.

Rest in peace, Tiny. :cry:

Edited on 1/13 to include his real name.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:48 pm 
Lotsa Posta

So sorry to hear about his passing. We need more of those type of owners.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. The number of sites in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard is now down to 19, after the disappearance of Hacienda Casa Blanca in El Cajon. :( And, it will likely not be much longer before both Tiny's Tavern and Oaks Bar & Grill disappear. :cry:

Meanwhile, Mainstream Bar & Grill in Poway remains listed as having tablets, but there has been no activity for several months. :roll: Before much longer, The Site-Poor Backyard will join the rest of The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State in abject site poverty. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Whilst still waiting to see if Mainstream Bar & Grill in Poway will *ever* have BT installed, up craps another alleged "Tablets Coming Soon" site in The Site-Poor Backyard. :o

North County Tavern & Bowl in Escondido is in the Westfield North County Fair Mall, not far from existing sites Pounders and North Bar. IIRC it's affiliated with now BT-less East Village Tavern & Bowl and a couple of other lil bowling centers that never had BT installed. Remains to be seen how soon (if ever) it gets BT. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. As expected, Oaks Bar & Grill has discontinued, bringing the site count in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard down to 18. :cry:

Am waiting with more than a lil baited breath for the alleged "Tablets Coming Soon" sites (Mainstream Bar & Grill, Poway; North County Tavern & Bowl, Escondido) to start. Also, there seems to be a rumor that the Red Robin chain will be installing NTN Buzztime (though, I'll believe that when I see it). :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:51 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Quote:
Am waiting with more than a lil baited breath for the alleged

Is this intentional? I feel like it is.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Yet another supposedly "Tablets Coming Soon" site in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard has shown up. :o

Cheers Bar & Grill (imagine that :roll: ) would be the first site in way more than a lil while along the I-15 corridor between Escondido and JT's Pub & Grill, near the California 56 interchange (California 56 is locally known as The Ted Williams Freeway). It's not far from now NTN-less Oggi's Pizza and now gone TGIFriday's Carmel Mountain Ranch. Of course, it remains to be seen when this supposedly coming soon site will have NTN Buzztime installed. :(

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Wonder of wonders, yet another supposedly "Tablets Coming Soon" site in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard has appeared. :o

Shooter's Cocktails, in the suburb of Spring Valley, not far from now NTN-less TGIFriday's Rancho San Diego, showed up this morning. As with the other three, though, remains to be seen. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Makes me think of a toss up....what site will get Buzztime first?......Shooter's Cocktails in Spring Valley,CA or Spike's Pub and Grub in Belleville, IL?

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:42 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. North County Tavern & Bowl had their system installed a couple of days ago. So far, the only play has been Texas Hold 'Em (imagine that :roll:). That could change in a lil while, though. :lol:

Also, Tiny's Tavern has closed. :cry: Supposedly they are looking for another site to reopen; their leaseholder, Ocean Beach Co-op, wanted their space for their future expansion. :(

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. As of today the 8th BWW in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard has shown up as "Coming Soon" in both SiteFinder and the BWW website. This one is in San Marcos, as part of that city's Old California Restaurant Row. According to informal discussions with a couple of local BWW managers, two more BWWs are planned for Escondido and Miramar. When those will come online remains to be seen. :|

However, one of the few remaining Blue Playmaker sites is discontinuing; Redwing Bar & Grill in the North Park district is giving it up, after gradually losing most of what was once a very robust player base. :cry: Also, there have been indications that JT's Pub & Grill in the Grantville district may also discontinue, due to continuing problems with the current system. :cry:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. As of the day of this post, Redwing still has Buzztime. However, with the closing of the sale of JT's, the new owner will discontinue. :cry:

Later this calendar year, the 9th BWW is supposed to open somewhere near Miramar MCAS. Another new subscribing site has shown in the ultra high priced city of Del Mar, the first in more than 15 years. However, as of now this lil old grump has not bothered to plan to visit there, partly because it is on the main drag (the former US 101) and partly because it does not open until 11:30 A.M. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!