New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Buffalo Wild Wings Eagan MN
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:07 pm 
Cuboctahedral Faces

Buffalo Wild Wings in Eagan Minnesota is dropping Countdown trivia as a trial run. They are supposed to be switching to some other game. They had a loyal group that met and played Lunch Time trivia and Countdown early in the afternoon.

Post subject: Re: Buffalo Wild Wings Eagan MN
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:39 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Are they dropping Countdown or Buzztime entirely?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:48 am 
Cuboctahedral Faces

Buzztime. I just mentioned Countdown because the core players there mostly play Lunchtime and Countdown.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:48 am 
Cuboctahedral Faces

Buzztime. I just mentioned Countdown because the core players there mostly play Lunchtime and Countdown.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:53 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Is this a company store or a franchise? Eagan averages about 11.5 games of Countdown played per day and 8 games of Lunchtime per day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:55 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I find this strange as BWW has a national account.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:15 am 
Cuboctahedral Faces

Jim wrote:
Is this a company store or a franchise? Eagan averages about 11.5 games of Countdown played per day and 8 games of Lunchtime per day.

I was told that Buffalo Wild Wing's in Eagan is a company store. If you check the Countdown scores for that site there is no Countdown scores from April until one player showed up as playing Countdown June 23. Craig (CGB) was considered the leader of the group of players at Eagan and he was one who told players at B-52 about the experiment to try a game other than NTN at that site. CGB has been playing at sites other than the BWW at Eagan since April.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:40 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'd heard a few years ago that BWW was considering their own trivia to save money. Buzztime should be VERY worried.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:29 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

So depending on the results of the BWW experiment in Eagan, what is the future of Buzztime's tablet menu program?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:47 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

What's the future of Buztime if BWW leaves?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:21 am 
Lotsa Posta

ranger wrote:
What's the future of Buztime if BWW leaves?

Not very good at all. Buzztime would have to discount their product and advertise heavier at the BW's to keep them. I'm still surprised that they won't put it on at least one screen. How would the average John Doe know anything about it if it doesn't show up on a screen where someone can see it. That's basically how I started playing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:57 pm 
Centenarian

ranger wrote:
What's the future of Buzztime if BWW leaves?

If all the BWWs drop Buzztime, Buzztime's future is doomed. :shock:

...unless they can sign another large restaurant chain to replace the BWW account.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

SEKA wrote:
If all the BWWs drop Buzztime, Buzztime's future is doomed. :shock:

...unless they can sign another large restaurant chain to replace the BWW account.

Chuck E. Cheese? :mrgreen:

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:09 pm 
Special

Hello -- old timer here who logged on today to report this very same issue.

I live in both Maine and Massachusetts, and my Maine location (a franchise BWW) dropped Buzztime a couple of weeks ago. I received conflicting information at first (one server said it was all the franchise store, one said it was just a test). The MAssachusetts site (BWW Danvers) still has Buzztime.

When I went to the Bangor BWW to play a few weeks ago, the Buzztime screen had something else on it and there were lovely new tablets on the bar. I was excited (the new tablets are really nice!), and asked for the Buzztime feed. I was told that they were part of the "experiment" and that the game was unavailable. I logged onto the mobile app and saw that I was getting the signals to answer questions, so I asked if the video feed was still available -- and it was. They put it on the usual screen and I played.

I filled out two surveys (BWW's own as well as iDine) and received a prompt reply from the franchisee. Here is her reply:

Quote:
Dear Dinner: I just wanted to reach out to you to let you know that we have not removed Buzztime completely or permanently. We are one of nearly 30 location nationwide that is testing new and different tablet options. During this test, we are collecting feedback from our guests about the new tablets and about missing Buzztime. We actually do still have the Buzztime tablets available to our guests upon request only. This is done so as to encourage our guests to interact with new tablets, but still be able to accommodate valued guests like you who wish to play Buzztime. I urge you to reconsider your loyalty to my restaurant as we can still offer you the Buzztime you love. I will pass your feedback along regarding how important Buzztime is to you and we will keep collecting the data. Once the test is over in September, Buzztime will return like normal until a final decision is made later this year. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything else I can do for you. Thanks again for your feedback and we do hope to see you again soon!

Of course, the scientist in me immediately sees the experimental-design problem here... if they see no revenue drop during their experiment because all we trivia fanatics are asking to play, then they might conclude that Buzztime isn't worth it and they will drop it.

I plan to return tonight or tomorrow to see who, if anyone, is playing I may or may not play there -- there is another Bangor location that is less convenient to me (I live north of Bangor, and the BWW is at the northern edge of town, whereas the other one Seadog Brew Pub, is at the south side of downtown. Besides, even though Seadog is a microbrewer of long standing, I don't think their brews are all that good, so I actually prefer the much more diverse selection of craft brews at BWW, which some of my fellow craft-brew aficionados fail to understand.)

Anyway, to return to matters Buzztime - the franchisee's response doesn't clarify whether or not this is a chain-wide decision. One server told me that it was just to see if some of the franchses want to leave the Buzztime universe, which Corporate did not allow. Another told me that BWW Corporate was going to make a decision, too. The annual contract with Buzztime is renewed in September, or so I was told, so we all should know more then.

Nobody at the Danvers BWW had heard a thing about this.

There is nothing on the Googles that sheds any light, either. I checked Buzztime stock prices and there seems to be no worries, so the investor community seems unaware. But if BWW leaves the Buzztime universe, I am sure NTN stock prices will take a hit.

That's my $0.04.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:17 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Quahog, thanks for you four cents.

Very interesting

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:37 pm 
Special

scar wrote:
Quahog, thanks for you four cents.

Very interesting

yer most welcome, scar!

I was going to go clean up all my typos, but time's short. I hope nobody minds...

I should prufraed betta...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Has anyone in Minn. or Maine caught the name of this "new tablet trivia company"?

I find it very odd that BWW would do this with all the hype they are giving about rolling out the order and pay by the BT tablet system.

I can see that new order system seriously cutting into the availability of BT tablets for the trivia players.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:27 pm 
Special

BUD wrote:
Has anyone in Minn. or Maine caught the name of this "new tablet trivia company"?

I find it very odd that BWW would do this with all the hype they are giving about rolling out the order and pay by the BT tablet system.

I can see that new order system seriously cutting into the availability of BT tablets for the trivia players.

The new tablets are very nice. I played one trivia game on it -- not sure who produces the trivia. it's definitely not the Buzztime experience.

I pointed out to the franchisee that it would probably be easy for the Buzztime app to be added to the tablets. I'm sure they're Android (I'll see if I can shut one off and reboot if I go there tonight).

As I said, they're physically nice -- no interior corners where Asian Zing can encrust; the screen and bezel are coplanar -- very easy to clean, slightly larger screen the BUzztime pads, looks like much higher resolution, and generally more robust. They're on an integral stand that is very sturdy and that holds them at a much better angle than the fold-out Buzztime pads. I like them -- but they need the Buzztime app!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:40 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

As bad as BWW food is, they won't see much of me without BT.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:09 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

BWW Bangor shows one person playing countdown Monday, and Tuesday.

https://www.buzztime.com/site/38976/gam ... gameid/135

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:07 pm 
Special

Shows me playing last night, too.

The tarbender told me there was nobody there on Tuesday which seh tells me is usually the night when all the NTN folks are there. I'm not sure that page supports her claim, though.

I'll go to Seadog next week and see if I can get everyone (assuming they're there) to agree not to go to BWW...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Quahog wrote:
Shows me playing last night, too.

The tarbender told me there was nobody there on Tuesday which seh tells me is usually the night when all the NTN folks are there. I'm not sure that page supports her claim, though.

I'll go to Seadog next week and see if I can get everyone (assuming they're there) to agree not to go to BWW...

But you do want them to go to BWW once so they can fill out the surveys as you did. Negative surveys will carry more weight. Just don't buy much of anything.

Did you catch a company name on the front or back of the tablet on your recent visit? I've seen the new Presto brand tablets at Applebee's. They cost $1.99 for unlimited play. There is no network or scoreboards, just 1 player trivia and kids games Worthless.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:42 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Quahog wrote:
The new tablets are very nice. I played one trivia game on it -- not sure who produces the trivia. it's definitely not the Buzztime experience.

I pointed out to the franchisee that it would probably be easy for the Buzztime app to be added to the tablets. I'm sure they're Android (I'll see if I can shut one off and reboot if I go there tonight).

As I said, they're physically nice -- no interior corners where Asian Zing can encrust; the screen and bezel are coplanar -- very easy to clean, slightly larger screen the BUzztime pads, looks like much higher resolution, and generally more robust. They're on an integral stand that is very sturdy and that holds them at a much better angle than the fold-out Buzztime pads. I like them -- but they need the Buzztime app!

Are you able to order food and drinks on the new tablets and pay using the new tablets? It must be very disappointing to BWW that with the Buzztime tablet you can't order or pay (from my experience), when a number of BWW competitors have tablets or apps that allow you to do so.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Unless any tablet allows for payment with a chip credit card, there is no way in fucking hell that this lil old grump will ever pay that way. :roll: :evil:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:17 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Chili's does allow a credit card with a chip on it. It also prints a receipt at the table.