New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Let's Make LILJOL Jealous
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:26 am 
Himself Fodder

In the north Dallas area, one of the main streets is Belt Line Road, it runs east-west. Has an extremely high content of restaurants and bars. In one 3/4 mile stretch, this road alone has 5 BT locations at 4578, 4872, 5000, 5005, and 5290. All Belt Line Road. About a quarter mile north, another street has one at 5064.

6 BT locations in a circle no more than a mile in diameter.

I live about 15 minutes from that cluster in a site poor area. Within a quarter mile of my front door I only have 3 BT locations. :(

Enjoy your coffee lil buddy! :lol:

BO

Post subject: Re: Let's Make LILJOL Jealous
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:49 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

In Huber Heights Ohio, at the corner of Old Troy Pike and Waynestown Blvd., one of the corners has an Arby's instead of a trivia bar... the other three corners - a BWW, a TGIF, & a Caddy Jack's.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

First, thanks a whole bunch, you grumpy young bastard. :lol:

Long ago and far away, when I moved my poor tired lil old grumpy ass from The Horribly Site-Poor San Francisco Bay Area :cry: to The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard :roll:, my current de facto home site, Pacific Beach Bar & Grill, was one of five NTN Buzztime sites within decent crawling distance of each other. Four were along Garnet Avenue (amazingly, all on the north side, and one of those next door) and the fifth was a lil more than a block walk to the south and west.

My increasingly decrepit, fragile lil mind recalls only one other time when there were two sites next door to each other. IIRC the original National Sports Grill in Buena Park was next door to an El Torito and both had NTN Buzztime for a lil while, up until the El Torito chain pulled the collective plug. As some here will remember, National Sports Grill would expand to a max of six stores, of which far and away the two most visible were Torrance and West Covina.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:35 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Beef O'Brady's just got the game around here. Between exits 255 and 258 on I64, one can now play at: Keegan's, BW3's, Beef , Manhattan's, and the Sandbar.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:07 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell, about time for my poor tired lil old grumpy ass to piss, moan and whine over the usual dearth of NTN Buzztime sites in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard and The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State. :cry:

As of my most recent lil peek at the list of Top Trivia Sites, not counting either The Buzztime Lounge or Buzztime Video Lab :roll:, there are only 205 sites in The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State, a godawful, horrible site to population ratio of over 180,000:1 (using a rough estimate of 37M). Image There are currently 31 sites in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard, for a less godawful site to population ratio of a lil under 100,000:1, but indications are that at least one of those is ready to pull the plug. :(

<--hoping to make someone's day at NTN Buzztime this week when this is passed along... :lol:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:50 am 
You, in C.

liljol wrote:
First, thanks a whole bunch, you grumpy young bastard. :lol:

Long ago and far away, when I moved my poor tired lil old grumpy ass from The Horribly Site-Poor San Francisco Bay Area :cry: to The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard :roll:, my current de facto home site, Pacific Beach Bar & Grill, was one of five NTN Buzztime sites within decent crawling distance of each other. Four were along Garnet Avenue (amazingly, all on the north side, and one of those next door) and the fifth was a lil more than a block walk to the south and west.

My increasingly decrepit, fragile lil mind recalls only one other time when there were two sites next door to each other. IIRC the original National Sports Grill in Buena Park was next door to an El Torito and both had NTN Buzztime for a lil while, up until the El Torito chain pulled the collective plug. As some here will remember, National Sports Grill would expand to a max of six stores, of which far and away the two most visible were Torrance and West Covina.

Joel, IIRC the old Yankee Doodles in Woodland Hills was right next to a Black Angus that had the game; also from that same Golden Age of SoCal BT locations, Domenico's and McMurphy's in Pasadena are/were next to each other(with the 35er, Q's, and Jake's Billiards all within short walking distance, for good measure)...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:23 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

GAMBIT wrote:
[

Joel, IIRC the old Yankee Doodles in Woodland Hills was right next to a Black Angus that had the game; also from that same Golden Age of SoCal BT locations, Domenico's and McMurphy's in Pasadena are/were next to each other(with the 35er, Q's, and Jake's Billiards all within short walking distance, for good measure)...

For the record, YD and BA were not right next to each other. They were at opposite ends of the same parking lot with three buildings in between. TGIF was within walking distance too. For a short time, there were two places in Westwood within walking distance- Acapulco and Los Ponchos. Also, Spoons and Burbank Bar & Grille in Burbank and Sliders and Cask & Cleaver in San Dimas.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:54 am 
Centenarian

In our lil ol town of Warner Robins, GA there are three sites within about 1/2 of a mile of each other....Kippers, Bouchez Sports Grill and Hooters. There used to be four, but Meldino's has gotten rid of their system within the last year. You're welcome, LJ! :D

Post subject: close, my poor tired lil old grumpy ass...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Meanwhile, per the most recent e-mail promotion, someone at NTN Buzztime has NFI what sites in The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State are close to their own (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard. Image The sites listed were all in The O.C., usually a godawful drive up I-5 of at least an hour. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!