New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: How close do you live to a buzztime site?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:48 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

scar wrote:
According to google maps it is 1.5 miles to Bdubs in Middletown.

Now that I live in Hot 'Lanta it's 5 miles.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

2.1 miles to the local BWW. It isn't our home location, but it is the closest.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:36 pm 
Joke Throw

Michael Anthonys in Berwyn, IL is 1,574 feet from my house and Garv Inn in Berwyn, IL is 1,483 feet from my house. I'm about 1/2 way between both.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:

I live 1 mile away from my nearest buzztime site :D

Unfortunately, said site rarely has buzztime on, let alone anyone playing :cry:

And now that said site just dumped trivia... I now live 40 miles away from my nearest buzztime site :cry:

On the (mini) bright side, this now closest location was actually open for Showdown last night.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:52 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

2.6 miles to By Golly's in Milford, OH

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:05 pm 

Romer's is a long drive from the white tees, a 3 wood on a dogleg left, then depending upon the wind, either a 4, 5, 6 or 7 iron, followed by a chip onto the green and a tap in. Par 5.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:18 pm 
Lucky Member (China)

There is a BW3 just 3.1 miles down the road but my home bar Keystone is only 4.7 miles. Northern Columbus there are 7 Buzztime locations within 10 miles of our house. For the size of Columbus I am shocked there isnt a good site for team play. Most players are scattered across different locations and have no interest in gathering and playing together.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

JAYJEN wrote:
There is a BW3 just 3.1 miles down the road but my home bar Keystone is only 4.7 miles. Northern Columbus there are 7 Buzztime locations within 10 miles of our house. For the size of Columbus I am shocked there isnt a good site for team play. Most players are scattered across different locations and have no interest in gathering and playing together.

Welcome to the boards JAYJEN and keep on trying to get players to join with you. They are out there, you might have to show them it can be fun to play as as a team.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

JAYJEN wrote:

Hells bells. Sounds way more than a lil like NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard. :( :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:07 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

JAYJEN wrote:

Welcome. Played at a BWW near Polaris Parkway on Gotta Play Tuesday I'd guess about 8 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:08 am 
U > 100 * 2

Home site (Brittany's) .8 miles if I walk, one mile if I drive. Three additional sites within four miles.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:57 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

JAYJEN wrote:

cavman when he was alive made that same complaint about the columbus area many times. there were always plenty of places and players, but he could never find a team players.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:31 pm 
Lucky Member (China)

IDJIT5500 wrote:
JAYJEN wrote:

cavman when he was alive made that same complaint about the columbus area many times. there were always plenty of places and players, but he could never find a team players.

I had the pleasure of meeting Cavman early on when I first started playing back in 2008 or 2009. He was a very nice guy. We just lived in completely opposite suburbs of Columbus and never hooked back up. I believe his home bar was Rackems while mine was a Damons on Polaris which was only 1.3 miles from my house which was awesome. Too bad it closed a few years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:59 pm 
Lucky Member (China)

scar wrote:
JAYJEN wrote:

Welcome. Played at a BWW near Polaris Parkway on Gotta Play Tuesday I'd guess about 8 years ago.

BWW on Polaris is the one closet to my house at 3.1 miles and home site of KINBUD who is one of the better regular players in my vicinity. Its where I go if I plan on playing past 8pm. Best place to play on Polaris Parkway between 3-7pm is Keystone Pub. The group that plays their "some what" plays as a team if you want to call it that. I work just across the street at JPMorgan but by the time I get off work most are getting ready to leave after a couple more games of Countdown.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:48 pm 
Himself Fodder

JAYJEN wrote:
BWW on Polaris is the one closet to my house at 3.1 miles and home site of KINBUD who is one of the better regular players in my vicinity. Its where I go if I plan on playing past 8pm. Best place to play on Polaris Parkway between 3-7pm is Keystone Pub. The group that plays their "some what" plays as a team if you want to call it that. I work just across the street at JPMorgan but by the time I get off work most are getting ready to leave after a couple more games of Countdown.

Cool.

Now let's discuss why you insist on cheating the kickoff synch at QB1 every week. http://www.buzztime.com/profile?pid=11636639&tn=sports

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Now let's discuss why you insist on cheating the kickoff synch at QB1 every week. http://www.buzztime.com/profile?pid=11636639&tn=sports

Wait for it, "I am really this good."

No you are not!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:13 pm 
Hitter's Number

-BO- wrote:
JAYJEN wrote:

Cool.

Is it really cheating if no one is playing? Like googling a shark attack phrase, cheating the dummy bots in poker, or playing a repeat game to get first, sure it's cheating, but a misdemeanor, wouldn't ya say?

Back on track, I live 1.1 miles from my home site.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

jeradc wrote:

Is it really cheating if no one is playing? Like googling a shark attack phrase, cheating the dummy bots in poker, or playing a repeat game to get first, sure it's cheating, but a misdemeanor, wouldn't ya say?

Still douchey. Ask everyone's opinion on that cheating douche in Arizona; rogue, w t f, mr e, entyre, bongo, bondo, purdy, and what other shit ass cheating names he uses.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:02 pm 
Hitter's Number

lewser wrote:
jeradc wrote:

Still douchey. Ask everyone's opinion on that cheating douche in Arizona; rogue, w t f, mr e, entyre, bongo, bondo, purdy, and what other shit ass cheating names he uses.

While most players probably frown on it, I doubt the majority are as irate as you make it seem. Since BT deleted most of his accounts, there is no reason to keep cheating...unless its to aggravate you and BO so that you continue talk about him on here, in which case he's "douchey" but amusing. Not everyone but the average player has no clue or cares about his tactics, but hey what the hell do I know?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:19 am 
Lucky Member (China)

-BO- wrote:
JAYJEN wrote:

Cool.

I actually play QB1 from the comforts of my own home. Not my fault there is a lag between Buzztime and the feed. I refuse to go to the bars on a Sunday during football season because I tried the BWW once on Polaris and they did not have one TV tuned to Buzztime. Then I was told they would not accomidate my request at the bar. Left right away and have been playing QB1 at home ever since. Plus my home site has their default to trivia and does not show QB1. Get Buzztime to fix the issue and it wouldnt be a problem. There is no delay during Monday Night Football so not sure what the issue is with Sunday football games.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:57 pm 
Himself Fodder

JAYJEN wrote:
I actually play QB1 from the comforts of my own home. Not my fault there is a lag between Buzztime and the feed. I refuse to go to the bars on a Sunday during football season because I tried the BWW once on Polaris and they did not have one TV tuned to Buzztime. Then I was told they would not accomidate my request at the bar. Left right away and have been playing QB1 at home ever since. Plus my home site has their default to trivia and does not show QB1. Get Buzztime to fix the issue and it wouldnt be a problem. There is no delay during Monday Night Football so not sure what the issue is with Sunday football games.

It's BT's fault? Alrighty then, that's absolutely hilarious. In case you're not aware, I'll try to clear some things up for you.

At the start of the game, there is a feature where you press <ENTER> on your PM at the opening kickoff to synchronize the game to the feed you are watching. With the advent of digital TV nationwide, feeds were no longer homogenous. Feeds in different cities would vary up to as much as 7 seconds, and sadly this ruined QB1 competition on a nationwide basis. But the fact remains that BT did fix the problem with the synch on the opening kickoff so every player could play the game as it was meant to be played. QB1 means predict the play, not see the play and then press the corresponding buttons.

Now perhaps the kickoff synch is not available from a mobile PM. Even so, if you chose to play the game correctly, as soon as the ball is snapped you wouldn't enter anything on your PM. It's players like you that ruined QB1 for the serious players nationwide.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Why do you need a screen on Buzztime when playing QB1? You don't have Buzztime screen on when you are at home, so why do you need one at the bar? Trivia yes, QB1 no. It is obvious why you sit on your couch to play.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:53 pm 
Golden Tee Master

I am be wrong, but Buzztime does not want players playing QB1 from home with a mobile device.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:20 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well I have 10 sites within about an 8 mile radius. My home site, RTO's, is 2.2 miles according to google maps.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:30 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I have 13 within 9 miles, but doesn't mean that I like them all. Still, it's better than it was in the past.