New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A new home trivia bar in upstate New York...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tony's Pizzeria, at 3899 Oneida Street, in Washington Mills, NY, has just started Buzztime Trivia. Washington Mills is very close to Utica, and Utica is only 15 minutes from Rome, NY, where I go to just about every month. Until now, I and my lady friend would spend an hour to drive all the way to Syracuse to play trivia, when I was up there. Because of the distance and time, we didn't make it up to Syracuse very often. Hell, I love pizza, I love Buzztime trivia, and I love just having to drive 15 minutes to play it. In a few weeks I will be logging my playmaker on at Tony's Pizzeria, and starting a new handle. When I get there, I will check their players out, and if eveything looks right, I will try to teach them the concept of "team play". I hope it will work out, but if they are all solo players, I'll keep my mouth shut, and just play "Dog-Eat-Dog" games with them.

Thank God that NTN has put in a trivia site within reasonable driving distance from Rome, NY. :D :D :D

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A new home trivia bar in upstate New York...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:55 am 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:

Where is this, Cloudy?

Post subject: Here's a map...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Where is this, Cloudy?

Washington Mills is in Upstate New York, very close to the middle of the state. It's just outside of Utica, NY.

Here's a map that shows you Oneida County in red. Washington Mills is in Oneida County.

Here's another closer in map:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:25 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Good luck Cloudy.

Hope you get some folks to play trivia with.

Post subject: We'll see how it goes...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
Good luck Cloudy.

Hope you get some folks to play trivia with.

We'll see how it goes. When Helene and I go there, we will usually bring some friends with us.

Post subject: Went there for the first time tonight...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I went to "Tony's Pizzaria" for the first time tonight... It was a big disappointment, even though the pizza was really good. Tony's Pizzaria only has two NTN channels, "Texas Hold 'em" and the "Sports Channel". I talked to their manager, Doc, tonight, and he said they are planning to drop "Texas Hold 'em", and replace it with the regular "Buzztime Trivia" channel. It will be interesting to see if this really happens.

The place should actually drop the "Sports Channel" and keep "Texas Hold 'em". Why should they drop the "Sports Channel"...? It was a Friday night, my two lady friends and I only had one box each, and nobody else in the place was playing. (Yep, just 3 box scores divided by 5, when it comes to the final NTN rankings at the end of the game.) We logged on late, and missed the entire first round. When we were up and running, we only knew a few answers to the questions for the rest of the game. When the game was over, we ranked in the top ten. (Yeah, I understand that I sometimes make things up, but this time, if I can believe my eyes, it is absolutely true.)

Something tells me that NOBODY, ANYWHERE, PLAYS GAMES ON SPORTS CHANNEL.

I'm not giving up on Tony's Pizzaria in Washington Mills, NY. yet. However, I'm really concerned that unless there are some big changes there, they will be added to my "Another One Bites the Dust" thread in the next 12 months.

p.s. Tony's Pizzaria is a great place, with lots of room, lots of TV's, great food, very reasonable prices, and no trivia competition within 100 miles. One would have to think that they should be able to make it as a trivia bar. Time will tell. I will do my part to help them, and keep my fingers crossed.

Post subject: Re: Went there for the first time tonight...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:40 pm 
Colt

Cloudy wrote:
I went to "Tony's Pizzaria" for the first time tonight... It was a big disappointment, even though the pizza was really good. Tony's Pizzaria only has two NTN channels, "Texas Hold 'em" and the "Sports Channel". I talked to their manager, Doc, tonight, and he said they are planning to drop "Texas Hold 'em", and replace it with the regular "Buzztime Trivia" channel. It will be interesting to see if this really happens.

The place should actually drop the "Sports Channel" and keep "Texas Hold 'em". Why should they drop the "Sports Channel"...? It was a Friday night, my two lady friends and I only had one box each, and nobody else in the place was playing. (Yep, just 3 box scores divided by 5, when it comes to the final NTN rankings at the end of the game.) We logged on late, and missed the entire first round. When we were up and running, we only knew a few answers to the questions for the rest of the game. When the game was over, we ranked in the top ten. (Yeah, I understand that I sometimes make things up, but this time, if I can believe my eyes, it is absolutely true.)

Something tells me that NOBODY, ANYWHERE, PLAYS GAMES ON SPORTS CHANNEL.

I'm not giving up on Tony's Pizzaria in Washington Mills, NY. yet. However, I'm really concerned that unless there are some big changes there, they will be added to my "Another One Bites the Dust" thread in the next 12 months.

p.s. Tony's Pizzaria is a great place, with lots of room, lots of TV's, great food, very reasonable prices, and no trivia competition within 100 miles. One would have to think that they should be able to make it as a trivia bar. Time will tell. I will do my part to help them, and keep my fingers crossed.

According to Buzztime's Thursday blog entry, they are going to a 2-channel format soon, anyway. They will be merging sports trivia games and poker as selectable options on Channel 2, and they will have the regular trivia games on Channel 1. Then the question of which two channels to show will become a non-issue. In any case, I hope it works out; it would be nice to have a much closer site.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:55 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I've also observed that no one seems to be playing most Sports Trivia games. Of course, they actually have regular trivia available, most likely. Anyione with the manager password should be able to replace one of the other channels with it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:15 pm 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy, this forum (and BT's formerly) is a great repository of information about BT. If you were to keep up with the trivia happenings here, you would have already known all the answers to your questions.

Such as the sports channel going away because only about 100-150 people compete, not to mention the hoops you have to jump through to program it.

Or, you can rarely believe anything a manager tells you about BT and the system because the vast majority are woefully ignorant and have no clue how to program such.

Lastly, you have no clue as to which channels are appropriate for a specific location if this was your first time there. For all you/we know, the sports channel is extremely popular during the day.

But hey, just to make you smile I should tell you that while SPOTES and I were playing trivia this weekend we talked about you!

BO

Post subject: Got to tell the truth...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:42 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy, this forum (and BT's formerly) is a great repository of information about BT. If you were to keep up with the trivia happenings here, you would have already known all the answers to your questions.

Such as the sports channel going away because only about 100-150 people compete, not to mention the hoops you have to jump through to program it.

Or, you can rarely believe anything a manager tells you about BT and the system because the vast majority are woefully ignorant and have no clue how to program such.

Lastly, you have no clue as to which channels are appropriate for a specific location if this was your first time there. For all you/we know, the sports channel is extremely popular during the day.

But hey, just to make you smile I should tell you that while SPOTES and I were playing trivia this weekend we talked about you!

BO

BO, I've got to tell the truth... You are right, however, please go easy on me. I tend to be a little lazy, and trying to keep up with what's going on with BT reminds me of homework, which I wasn't very good at doing as I somehow faked my way through all of the years of my education. I enjoy venues where my attention deficit disorder, does not put me at a disadvantage. I gravitate to places where I have fun, can make silly things up, and defend them with yet more silly things that pop into my head.

There are enough serious people on this site, who keep up with all of this stuff, that in my laziness I can sit back, and they let me know what is going on with BT. So far, you guys have done a good job of keeping me informed, and I didn't have to do any homework. :lol:

While you smart, serious, hard working guys, are reseaching things that might be of some importance, I'm busy searching Google images, looking for goofy pictures to add to my silly posts. :D

..................... Image

......... "Hey, CLOUDY, I just found a goofy picture for you."

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Got to tell the truth...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 pm 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
BO, I've got to tell the truth... You are right, however, please go easy on me. I tend to be a little lazy, and trying to keep up with what's going on with BT reminds me of homework, which I wasn't very good at doing as I somehow faked my way through all of the years of my education. I enjoy venues where my attention deficit disorder, does not put me at a disadvantage. I gravitate to places where I have fun, can make silly things up, and defend them with yet more silly things that pop into my head.

There are enough serious people on this site, who keep up with all of this stuff, that in my laziness I can sit back, and they let me know what is going on with BT. So far, you guys have done a good job of keeping me informed, and I didn't have to do any homework. :lol:

While you smart, serious, hard working guys, are reseaching things that might be of some importance, I'm busy searching Google images, looking for goofy pictures to add to my silly posts. :D

I do go easy on you, I've been told you're too nice a guy to get truly mad at!

Post subject: You're right again...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:03 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

I do go easy on you, I've been told you're too nice a guy to get truly mad at!

Bo, thanks. You are right again. Only my ex-wife might disagree with you. :lol:

Post subject: Re: You're right again...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:11 am 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:

Hey, that gives me an idea, and it's right up your alley. You like to start threads, you like posting pictures in those threads, and you probably aren't fond of your ex-wife. Start a new thread where you post naked pictures of your ex-wife! Everybody wins and you piss off your ex in the process. Win-win for everybody!

I suppose I should add these shouldn't be recent pictures. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject: I'll see what I can do...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Hey, that gives me an idea, and it's right up your alley. You like to start threads, you like posting pictures in those threads, and you probably aren't fond of your ex-wife. Start a new thread where you post naked pictures of your ex-wife! Everybody wins and you piss off your ex in the process. Win-win for everybody!

I suppose I should add these shouldn't be recent pictures. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll see what I can do... However, I will have to be careful. I don't want to wind up in court with her again. I still remember how much that cost me the last time she took me there. :cry: