New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mellow Mushroom Louisville
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:13 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Note to Louisville regulars looking for new places to play. Mellow Mushroom is coming here in August. I have already contacted them
about adding trivia. It would help if some of you dropped a note on Facebook or their web site letting them know you would like to see
Buzztime at their new locations. Like most, I struggle playing at Bdubs
with high prices and average food. Old Chicago is ok, but Mellow Mushroom would a much better place to play trivia. THANKS! :)

Post subject: Re: Mellow Mushroom Louisville
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:52 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

cards wrote:
Note to Louisville regulars looking for new places to play. Mellow Mushroom is coming here in August. I have already contacted them
about adding trivia. It would help if some of you dropped a note on Facebook or their web site letting them know you would like to see
with high prices and average food. Old Chicago is ok, but Mellow Mushroom would a much better place to play trivia. THANKS! :)

Only 1 Mellow Mushroom has BT in Atlanta and I wish they all did. Certainly would support that effort.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:57 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

scar wrote:
cards wrote:

Only 1 Mellow Mushroom has BT in Atlanta and I wish they all did. Certainly would support that effort.

Type in Other as the Topic, then pick the Louisville-Middletown store.

http://www.mellowmushroom.com/#/contactus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:16 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Mellow Mushroom opens August 27th in Louisville (Middletown location). Talked to owner
and he plans on adding Buzztime a few months after they open.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:29 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Saw that there are going to be two Mellow Mushrooms opening in Louisville. The one in Middletown, 805 Blankenbaker Parkway (across the street from Southeast Christian Church), should open Monday August 27. The second site is in St. Matthews, 3920 Shelbyville Road (possibly around Molly Malone's and Bluegrass Brewing), is reported to be opening the following week. Their web site doesn't say anything about Buzztime, but does talk about live trivia.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:31 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Cards, I just saw on the web site's "the wall" for the Shelbyville Road location that you posted "you guys need to add Buzztime Trivia". Good job, and if I can be of any help, call me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:50 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

MiniYoda wrote:
Saw that there are going to be two Mellow Mushrooms opening in Louisville. The one in Middletown, 805 Blankenbaker Parkway (across the street from Southeast Christian Church), should open Monday August 27. The second site is in St. Matthews, 3920 Shelbyville Road (possibly around Molly Malone's and Bluegrass Brewing), is reported to be opening the following week. Their web site doesn't say anything about Buzztime, but does talk about live trivia.

St Matthews site is going in the old Dutch's Tavern.

Post subject: Don't think "Yellow Mushroom" in Louisville has NTN.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I hoping they will, but I don't think either "Mellow Mushroom" in Louisville has trivia yet. Maybe if a group of us went over and told them that they could get a crowd in their place that played trivia on a regular basis, they might put it in.

......................................................Image

....................................................................Goodnight I'm going to bed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Judging by how busy both locations are pretty much constantly, I doubt they'll be putting in trivia.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
Judging by how busy both locations are pretty much constantly, I doubt they'll be putting in trivia.

Buzztime doesn't fly well on places that are either too busy or too slow.....As for live trivia, they can work better since the host can convince customers to play as Buzztime doesn't. ( i can be wrong on that but Mellow Mushroom must promote it with a passion or 3 months later...POOF!!!!!!!!)

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:25 pm 
Golden Tee Master

It happens on rare occasions, but Dante is right on this one. Both Mellow Mushrooms are way too busy to
consider putting in Buzztime. Live (cheater) trivia seems to be successful at the Middletown location. As much as I would like to see one of the MM's putting Buzztime in Louisville. I doubt that it will happen. Middletown has a good bar area, but the tv screens are few and not well placed around the bar. St Matthews would be perfect for Buzztime trivia play. But, the owners also own the one in Lexington and I do not see them putting in trivia. I guess Louisville will continue with just having B-dubs and Old Chicago. One of the reasons for reduced trivia play in this area. Maybe next year will bring something better.