New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Another One Bites the Dust
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
Side Pockets Saint Charles MO at the end of last week. They had lunchtime, afternoon and night players giving them a lot of business. Mr Lucky's a new site ten minutes away will be the new home to many.

It's officially off the Location Search page.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Morgantown, WV just picked up THREE new trivia sites...Coaches, Tanner's Tavern, and Keglers.

I already had plans to head up there this weekend, but will now expand the playing day.

That brings Morgantown up to 6 BT sites. Tanner's had BT before, under a different bar name. Coaches just won the wing cook-off two weeks ago, and Kegler's is a bowling alley that is also known for their wings.

Makes for a nice mini-tour...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:53 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

tiefly wrote:
Morgantown, WV just picked up THREE new trivia sites...Coaches, Tanner's Tavern, and Keglers.

I already had plans to head up there this weekend, but will now expand the playing day.

That brings Morgantown up to 6 BT sites. Tanner's had BT before, under a different bar name. Coaches just won the wing cook-off two weeks ago, and Kegler's is a bowling alley that is also known for their wings.

Makes for a nice mini-tour...EGADS!!!

I presume Kegler's will be the last visit of your weekend bar crawl (what an apt term!), in case BOTFLY needs a sheltered gutter to sleep in?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:56 pm 
Octogenarian

The Westerly Hotel, Courtenay, B.C. home of Deffy and MRCM has dropped Buzztime for the second time sigh, i am now homeless, closest site is in Victoria B.C. , will be defunct at end of October, blue boxes gone but i can still use my android until Oct 31
:(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:28 pm 
New Driver

:|
defined1 wrote:
The Westerly Hotel, Courtenay, B.C. home of Deffy and MRCM has dropped Buzztime for the second time sigh, i am now homeless, closest site is in Victoria B.C. , will be defunct at end of October, blue boxes gone but i can still use my android until Oct 31
:(

Sorry to hear that, Deffy. YOU'D have to go on a camping trip to play trivia after they shut down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:51 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Another sad event in your search for trivia. Sorry to read of it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:54 pm 
Centenarian

I'd love to go to Mo-town again, just for the excellent Hotel Morgan and the trivia sites. On my first trivia open, I had a blast!

How close are these sites to downtown Mo-town? Of course, the Mountaineers will have to have an away game when I stop by ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

bigdog216 wrote:
I'd love to go to Mo-town again, just for the excellent Hotel Morgan and the trivia sites. On my first trivia open, I had a blast!

How close are these sites to downtown Mo-town? Of course, the Mountaineers will have to have an away game when I stop by ...

Sports Page, where WVBTO IV was held, no longer has BT. The BWW downtown & McClafferty's are two blocks apart. The new BWW, where SAKIC's bunch, along with the TOLLE group, LU & NICO, some of the 'chester gang, and WB is NOT in walking distance from downtown, but rather a 5 minute drive. My favorite trivia dive bar, Tanner's Tavern, is just off the Sabraton exit.

There are a couple of taxi services in Mo-town, including one where someone rides a foldable bike to your location, breaks it down, stows it in your vehicle, then drives YOUR car to where you want to go.

Anyone wanting to meet up in Mo-town, let me know via this thread or PM me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

After a brief time of trying to reestablish NTN Buzztime, my first Buzztime home, Black Angus San Lorenzo in Horribly Site-Poor NoCal, has once again discontinued. :( Judging from the general lack of regular play at the three surviving stores in The Site-Poor Backyard, it would be lil surprise if they were also to discontinue before much longer. :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. This Wednesday, the co-owners of Kristy's MVP informed me that they will be discontinuing as of the end of November. :( Hopefully the fine staff at JT's Pub & Grill will be willing to put up with my poor tired lil old grumpy ass for a third day of the week starting December. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Carmella's in New Hartford, NY, dropped trivia last week...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Carmella's in New Hartford, NY, dropped trivia last week. I knew it was coming, because very few of their patrons ever played the game. Their biggest Buzztime trivia days were when Helene and I brought two or three friends with us there to play. Sadly, we only went there about once a week, and only when I was in Upstate New York. Camella's dropping trivia is going to be a big problem for me, because it was only about 20 minutes away from Rome, NY., and the next closest place to play trivia is at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Cicero, NY, near Syracuse, which is about an hour's drive.

One nice thing was that Helene and I playing 5 boxes alone on a "Countdown" game came in #1 in the country a few days before they dropped Buzztime.