New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hose & Hound's historic firehall
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:44 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

As if it wasn't hard enough already holding on to Buzztime sites, my second home bar could be displaced or outright extinguished by this :evil:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/City+sale+heritage+fire+hall+could+displace+Inglewood/7712034/story.html

Now I'm no engineer, but it sure looks like Chuck's keeping up his end of the bargain in maintaining the building, inside and out. The location is highly enviable, right at the west end of Inglewood's array of antique stores and kitschy shops that draw thousands of well-heeled shoppers during summer

Ideally, he'll be able to buy the building and continue running a successful business. Or Silly Hall could cock this up enormously, and I doubt a firehall-themed pub will have anywhere near the same draw in some drab space at the end of a strip mall, should H&H be forced out by, say, some Toronto-based management firm

Some of the staff might not mind leaving the haunting monkey behind, though

Post subject: Re: Hose & Hound's historic firehall
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:41 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Finally, I have an update to report. Calgary Silly Council has decided the firehall shall go to . . . somebody not named Chuck Rose :evil:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgary/Hose+Hound+owner+loses+historic+property+from+city/8224001/story.html

So, now the Hose & Hound must negotiate its tenancy with the successful bidder, who will not be identified until said negotiations are complete. I'm going to play there tonight, and see what else I can hear at the bar. Stay tuned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:14 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Hope itt works out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 am 
King or Queen Postalot

The bartendress says its a certainty Hose & Hound will be staying, so that's good news. Heck, it might work out better for everyone if this new owner has deeper pockets for the upgrades the building needs

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:17 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

It is confirmed, the guy who bought the firehall is perfectly happy to have the Hose & Hound remain while the property value escalates with all the new condos being built across 9th Avenue

However, in a cruel twist of irony, the Hose no longer subscribes to Buzztime. EBT, GIMPY, and I arranged to show up for Playback two nights ago, and the system was gone :cry:

Can't say I'm surprised, given the low player count, but so much for worrying the sale of the building would be the end of BT in Inglewood!