New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Trivia Bar in Louisville
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:57 pm 
Golden Tee Master

-BO- wrote:
FSHMAN also uses dummy boxes to feed his THe winnings, one game starting at 11am local time he beat 54 other "players".

Not a huge deal in itself, but yet another occurrence of system manipulation. Hell, he probably chuckles at us for digging all this info up!

Never understood that one. I am not a THe player, but I see his name at the top of the local boards a lot. To me it is a waste of time.

Post subject: Had a good time at the "30 Red" bar...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

KARP, YODA, and I had a good time at the "30 Red" bar here in Louisville. The owner and bartender were very friendly, and the beer was cheep. They only have ten boxes, and it didn't look like they have much of a trivia crowd there yet. It's a bit of a drive from my house, but I'll try to make it back there sometime. If any of you Louisville locals ever plan to play trivia there, please let me know, and I'll do my best to make it over there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy, I for one am glad you had a good time there, and I hope you have many more fun experiences playing trivia at "30 Red", even if I never get a chance to go there myself. (It's only 900 miles away!) May any future conversations on this thread stay on topic and just mention the bar, its atmosphere, its food, etc. :|

-- RWM

Post subject: Take a look...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Cloudy, I for one am glad you had a good time there, and I hope you have many more fun experiences playing trivia at "30 Red", even if I never get a chance to go there myself. (It's only 900 miles away!) May any future conversations on this thread stay on topic and just mention the bar, its atmosphere, its food, etc. :|

-- RWM

Take a look at how this thread began. I thought this thread was heading off in a unpleasant direction from what was originally a simple, innocent post by YODA about a new trivia bar in town. I was actually trying to get this thread back on topic.

I'll go a bit further. I don't enjoy acrimony, and I thought it had gone far enough.

p.s. If someone wants to start a "bashing thread", go ahead and do it, but please put it somewhere else where I can avoid it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:27 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Now that I am a "visiting out of town player", I'll try to let you know when I plan to check out this new site.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:52 am 
Himself Fodder

For some odd reason there has been no play at 30 Red since the CPU was reset. Also zero play anywhere from the two handles gaming the system.

Must be coincidence.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:59 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
For some odd reason there has been no play at 30 Red since the CPU was reset. Also zero play anywhere from the two handles gaming the system.

Must be coincidence.

Probably off to find a new way to game the system.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I completely agree with Cloudy's last post on this thread. It's a thread to describe the bar and its atmosphere. If you're going to start bashing other trivia players, in my opinion, you should voice those comments elsewhere. They are off-topic on this thread, and frankly ought to be against forum rules if they aren't already.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
I completely agree with Cloudy's last post on this thread. It's a thread to describe the bar and its atmosphere. If you're going to start bashing other trivia players, in my opinion, you should voice those comments elsewhere. They are off-topic on this thread, and frankly ought to be against forum rules if they aren't already.

-- RWM

Seems like the posts were about the bar & lack of game play there tthese days.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:41 pm 
Lotsa Posta

tiefly wrote:
zog741 wrote:

-- RWM

Seems like the posts were about the bar & lack of game play there tthese days.

The few times I've been to 30 Red suggests that there isn't much of an intersest in trivia. I always have to ask someone to put trivia on one of the TVs when I'm there. Considering the number of NCAA basketball games over the past few days, I'd say trivia wasn't on any screen over the weekend. Sports bars tend to put games on all the TVs unless asked otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Never a good sign when you have to ask for the trivia to be put on a TV.

About as smart as a restaurant with no menus.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:

Better than my home bar, which refused to change any of their 50 screens from the NCAA. :( This was last Thursday.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
tiefly wrote:

Better than my home bar, which refused to change any of their 50 screens from the NCAA. :( This was last Thursday.

I guess I'm lucky. Had trivia & got the Pens games on since Friday/Sunday. Think there are 60 TVs here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

It is not bashing if it is true.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:52 pm 
New Driver

-BO- wrote:

Must be coincidence.

What's great is that we didn't need Whales to figure this one out.. now if the guy had only created avatars for those xx-men and the 38-or-so fishmen, then it might have taken an extra day or so... and an extra dozen or more lunchtime perfects in a row.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:57 am 
Lord of Scaratings

zog741 wrote:

-- RWM

So the thread diverged based upon circumstances related to observations at the site in question. I don't think it was a big deal.

Plus, at least we were all posting about buzztime trivia.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I will say this about 30Red.

Tonight was a very big game for U of Lou. They played a great game against Duke. I am praying for the player that had a leg injury.

When Cloudy, my wife and I showed up at 30Red at 3:30pm, an hour and a half before the game started, there were NO customers. As the first and only three at the bar, we requested that a corner TV be put on Buzztime. The bartender said okay, as long as no one who might show up complained. I said no problem....if someone wanted that TV changed to the game, while the TV next to it was ALREADY set for the game was left alone, I'm okay.

Cloudy and I set an 11, 5 and 1 in the nation while waiting for the UL game. when we hit 1, the whole bar congradulated us.

Now, despite the fact that the rest of the evening centered around a Very important game for UL, 30Red left ONE TV on Buzztime. Ever go to a bar that changes all their TVs to the same game? Not here. They were nice enough to leave one TV on Buzztime for me and Cloudy. Yea, we didn't play much after the UL game started, but nice to know that there is one bar that doesn't put every TV on the same channel when a game is on, and drown out Buzztime.

Last edited by MiniYoda on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
I will say this about 30Red.

Tonight was a very big game for U of Lou. They played a great game against Duke. I am praying for the player that had a leg injury.

When Cloudy, my wife and I showed up at 30Red at 3:30pm, an hour and a half before the game started, there were NO customers. As the first and only three at the bar, we requested that a corner TV be put on Buzztime. The bartender said okay, as long as no one who might show up complained. I said no problem....if someone wanted that TV changed to the game, while the TV next to it was ALREADY set for the game was left alone, I'm okay.

Cloudy and I set an 11, 5 and 1 in the nation while waiting for the UL game. when we hit 1, the whole bar congradulated us.

Now, dispite the fact that the rest of the evening centered around a Very important game for UL, 30Red left ONE TV on Buzztime. Ever go to a bar that changes all their TVs to the same game? Not here. They were nice enough to leave one TV on Buzztime for me and Cloudy. Yea, we didn't play much after the UL game started, but nice to know that there is one bar that doesn't put every TV on the same channel when a game is on, and drown out Buzztime.

4 years or so ago, Yoduh n his wife AMISH was about to play Buzztime when the bar change all the tv's to a NCAA tournament game.....there are bars that has Buzztime that acts like they don't care of the regular players and care more of games that doesn't involve local teams....

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Diverged, now that's an...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
zog741 wrote:

-- RWM

So the thread diverged based upon circumstances related to observations at the site in question. I don't think it was a big deal.

Plus, at least we were all posting about buzztime trivia.

"Diverged", now that's an euphemism...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:45 am 
Centenarian

Try playing trivia at a bar or restaurant on the first Sunday in February when a little football game called the Super Bowl is on. Good luck!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

HoopScoop wrote:
Try playing trivia at a bar or restaurant on the first Sunday in February when a little football game called the Super Bowl is on. Good luck!!

Was Buzztime was on a tv before the game ...funny no tv has it way 3-4 hours before.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 am 
Centenarian

MitchWolf wrote:
Was Buzztime was on a tv before the game ...funny no tv has it way 3-4 hours before.

Yes. I played from 5pm to 6pm when they switched ALL TVs to the Super Bowl. Asked if they would switch one back to trivia and got a NO. I left and went across town to another bar just after kickoff I arrived, asked for trivia and got a NO. Both bars were only half full at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:16 pm 
Cuboctahedral Faces

:lol: I only heard about this posting recently, and it has taken a few weeks to be 'approved' (thank you BTW), to post here but i am laughing my azz off at a bunch a IDIOTS who are trashing a guy, (a DAMN good guy at that) when your not sure he even did this. SHAME ON YOU BOB (cards) for releasing his name in a private email when you HAD NO CLUE. Do us all a favor BOB, DON'T QUIT your day job. Your sleuth skills are WORSE than your assessment skills of college basketball players. Remember, your the guy that said Peyton Siva was a 'MUCH' better player than John Wall. I have laughed about 120 MILLION times at that one, oh BTW that's what John Walls new contract with the Wizards was for..... $120,000,000.....LMFAO!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing that you think TEDDY 'BILGEWATER' is a better quarterback than.. Johnny Football or even Peyton Manning????

I am shocked that some of you are so quick to throw FSHMAN under the bus 'assuming' he was the guy.... I WAS the GUY, I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY..... No I am not one of you snobby elitist trivia players who hacked the system. I was just having a little fun with FSHMAN while he tried to figure out how this was happening. (It drove him crazy...btw). The fun had no impact on ANYTHING any of you guys in this thread are talking about. It had NO IMPACT on your precious National Bar RANKINGS or your tournament trivia contests. All you did was trash a guy who 'WAS' to some of you...a friend. This is such petty BS to call a guy names when you DON'T KNOW HIM and you've never played trivia with him. To call the guy an "enormous fucking douche bag"... well your just trailer park trash pal, SMH, I can see where you got YOUR name from.

FSHMAN is one of the most decent people I have ever met in my lifetime. I consider him a BEST friend. He has served this country proudly, he treats people like HE wants to be treated and has more class in his little toe than you MORONS trashing him on here. Anytime you trivia elitists in this thread want to play heads up with FSHMAN, bring your money, I'll back him for any amount you can carry on an airplane or load in your trunk. It is good though, Scar and Cloudy, that you guys have enough class not to trash someone that considers you 'his' good friend, but i'm not surprised at all by this. You both are good peeps. As for the REST OF YOU....GET A FUCKING LIFE....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:28 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Mr. Obvious wrote:
:lol: I am laughing my azz off at a bunch a IDIOTS who are trashing a guy, (a DAMN good guy at that) when your not sure he even did this. SHAME ON YOU BOB (cards) for releasing his name in a private email when you HAD NO CLUE. Do us all a favor BOB, DON'T QUIT your day job.

I am shocked that some of you are so quick to throw FSHMAN under the bus 'assuming' he was the guy.... I WAS the GUY, I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY..... No I am not one of you snobby elitist trivia players who hacked the system. I was just having a little fun with FSHMAN while he tried to figure out how this was happening. (It drove him crazy...btw). The fun had no impact on ANYTHING any of you guys in this thread are talking about. It had NO IMPACT on your precious National Bar RANKINGS or your tournament trivia contests. All you did was trash a guy who 'WAS' to some of you...a friend. This is such petty BS to call a guy names when you DON'T KNOW HIM and you've never played trivia with him. To call the guy an "enormous fucking douche bag"... well your just trailer park trash pal, SMH, I can see where you got YOUR name from.

FSHMAN is one of the most decent people I have ever met in my lifetime. I consider him a BEST friend. He has served this country proudly, he treats people like HE wants to be treated and has more class in his little toe than you MORONS trashing him on here. Anytime you trivia elitists in this thread want to play heads up with FSHMAN, bring your money, I'll back him for any amount you can carry on an airplane or load in your trunk. It is good though, Scar and Cloudy, that you guys have enough class not to trash someone that considers you 'his' good friend, but i'm not surprised at all by this. You both are good peeps. As for the REST OF YOU....GET A FUCKING LIFE....

Ah, your first post. Welcome to the community! I'm sure that you've already made a lot of friends... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Mr. Obvious wrote:
:lol: I only heard about this posting recently, and it has taken a few weeks to be 'approved' (thank you BTW), to post here but i am laughing my azz off at a bunch a IDIOTS who are trashing a guy, (a DAMN good guy at that) when your not sure he even did this. SHAME ON YOU BOB (cards) for releasing his name in a private email when you HAD NO CLUE. Do us all a favor BOB, DON'T QUIT your day job. Your sleuth skills are WORSE than your assessment skills of college basketball players. Remember, your the guy that said Peyton Siva was a 'MUCH' better player than John Wall. I have laughed about 120 MILLION times at that one, oh BTW that's what John Walls new contract with the Wizards was for..... $120,000,000.....LMFAO!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing that you think TEDDY 'BILGEWATER' is a better quarterback than.. Johnny Football or even Peyton Manning????

Nice try... douchebag.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next