New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Death of TGI Fridays Louisville Kentucky
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:02 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Buzztime trivia has been removed from Fridays in Louisville. Manager warned me last week this might happen.
Was a little sooner than I expected. Trivia play has really dropped off in the last year. I still played some at lunch
and a few nights a week. Several times by myself. Only a few nights did they have more than 3-4 players. What
worries me more is that Indigo Joe's could go out of business this summer. Then Louisville players are stuck with
a bunch of B-dubs and that will be the end of my playing days. :cry:

Post subject: Re: The Death of TGI Fridays Louisville Kentucky
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:09 pm 
Golden Tee Master

I might be off a year but I believe Friday's carried trivia from 1994 to 2010.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:17 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Stunned and amazied. I heard rumors in the past about them wanting to drop trivia due to the loud players, but it was always fought off. It does put a dent in trivia sites. I like Old Chicago, but the beer there is pricey. My other other options are BW's Stoneybrook and GT's.

Yoda........sad

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Not trying to be overly picky here, but IIRC Friday's started installing NTN Buzztime in 1995, certainly in their stores here in The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State.

Update - Having just checked the site ID number, that number is in the same range as the TGIFriday's in The Horribly Site-Poor Golden State that had it installed in 1995.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:49 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Just talked to Cloudy, who is out of town until Wednesday. He wasn't sure what his future plans are. He likes Indigo Joe's a lot, and Old Chicago is an option for him too (my personal preference). He's not a fan of BW's, although the one in Middletown closer for him than TGIF was. I have an account to move from there, and might send it to BW's Stoneybrook

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
Just talked to Cloudy, who is out of town until Wednesday. He wasn't sure what his future plans are. He likes Indigo Joe's a lot, and Old Chicago is an option for him too (my personal preference). He's not a fan of BW's, although the one in Middletown closer for him than TGIF was. I have an account to move from there, and might send it to BW's Stoneybrook
While it has way more than a lil while since I last spoke with CLOUDY, not surprised at his reaction. :| It has been more than a lil bemusing to see the sporadic success of NTN Buzztime in Indigo Joe's, especially since the original one here in NTN Buzztime's (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard took it out way more than a lil while ago. :(

And, whilst there was a time when I couldn't wait for F_BWW to get a franchisee here, nowadays I could GAF if there are ever any here, no thanks to the godawful, horribly high volumes of either what passes for music and/or those asinine F_UFC "events" :roll:, and, of course, BWW lag.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:20 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

cards wrote:
Buzztime trivia has been removed from Fridays in Louisville. Manager warned me last week this might happen.
Was a little sooner than I expected. Trivia play has really dropped off in the last year. I still played some at lunch
and a few nights a week. Several times by myself. Only a few nights did they have more than 3-4 players. What
worries me more is that Indigo Joe's could go out of business this summer. Then Louisville players are stuck with

3-4 players a night = $20-$40 a night X 30 days = $600 - $1200 a month... Minimum! I don't know their profit margin on food and alcohol, but it sounds like they were making profit off of the system to me. I just don't understand business decisions like this.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:58 am 
Centenarian

Tolle wrote:
3-4 players a night = $20-$40 a night X 30 days = $600 - $1200 a month... Minimum! I don't know their profit margin on food and alcohol, but it sounds like they were making profit off of the system to me. I just don't understand business decisions like this.

Just a guess, but I'd say you're looking at a manager who's fixated on turnover instead of the bottom line.

And Joel, don't forget that (officially, at least), BW3 lag does not exist. :P

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:02 am 
Lotsa Posta

Tolle wrote:
cards wrote:

They are probably thinking they can get the same business on those bar chairs without the expense of the trivia system. I've been there on Friday and Saturday nights, and they often have a lot of customers who don't play trivia. If they can do the same business per bar seat without the expense of trivia, and without the loud trivia players (their words, not mine), then it would be to their version of advantage

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Noles wrote:
Tolle wrote:

Just a guess, but I'd say you're looking at a manager who's fixated on turnover instead of the bottom line.

And Joel, don't forget that (officially, at least), BW3 lag does not exist. :P

BWW lag doesn't exist...EGADS!!! :(

At the homesite, the lag has decided to stay despite sending back the extra 50 Playmakers from a month ago. Cost me a couple of 10K games this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:33 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Well, I played there Sunday evening.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:55 am 
Golden Tee Master

scar wrote:

You got to play on the last night. I played with Fshman on Friday night and we were the
only two playing that night. Tried on my Iphone last night and Fridays had their system
turned off.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:07 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Tolle wrote:

To all TGIF Louisville customers: I'm sorry for your loss.

AsI work for a supplier to the restaurant industry, I have a bit of a perspective on the economics of the system.

At $600 per month sales from players, with 10 boards, it could be borderline profitable for a site as long as the players purchased at least some full priced fare and not just loss leader specials. If the site had poor profit margins or more than 10 boards, they probably would not be making money.

At $1,200 a month, they would be making an excellent profit from the system.

Both of the above assume that the players are in addition to a site's regular business..or the players spend as much or more each visit than their other customers.

The original post mentioned loud players. If the site felt that the players were costing them customers, it would be an easy business decision to remove the system even if they were making a profit from the system.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:59 am 
Centenarian

Sorry to hear about TGIF Lou. I have fond memories of my visit there a couple of years ago.

Last edited by Bigsky on Tue May 25, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FWIW, as of a moment ago, SiteFinder showed 36 TGIFriday's subscribed (including one "Coming Soon" which may be a re-installation (Newport News, VA), including Louisville Linn Station.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:53 am 
Lotsa Posta

cards wrote:

Did management give a specific reason why to remove it? Was it noisy clientel, expense/profit, or other reason?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:08 pm 
Golden Tee Master

liljol wrote:
FWIW, as of a moment ago, SiteFinder showed 36 TGIFriday's subscribed (including one "Coming Soon" which may be a re-installation (Newport News, VA), including Louisville Linn Station.

Trust me it is gone. Watched as they removed the box chargers at lunch today.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:18 pm 
Golden Tee Master

MiniYoda wrote:
cards wrote:

Did management give a specific reason why to remove it? Was it noisy clientel, expense/profit, or other reason?

No longer making any money. Play had really slowed down. Cannot blame them with the bad economy.
One more note, they are adding a Golden Tee golf game. That will make Slick happy.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am 
Lord of Scaratings

liljol wrote:
And, whilst there was a time when I couldn't wait for F_BWW to get a franchisee here, nowadays I could GAF if there are ever any here, no thanks to the godawful, horribly high volumes of either what passes for music and/or those asinine F_UFC "events" :roll:, and, of course, BWW lag. [/color]

When we used to play at BWW Middletown KY, we constantly requested the volume be turned down. Never happened.

Once I had been off at a business outing at a skeet shooting range for a couple of days.

I brought back those yellow ear plugs you use, and distributed them to the team. About six of our team in the middle of the bar with ear plugs in on a Showdown / then 25 cent wings , Tuesday.

I thought it was hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:32 am 
Lord of Scaratings

cards wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:
cards wrote:

No longer making any money. Play had really slowed down. Cannot blame them with the bad economy.
One more note, they are adding a Golden Tee golf game. That will make Slick happy.

I'm sure they weren't losing money, but understand the distinction.

Activity rank was still 288, in the top 8% of sites. Pretty impressive when you consider they had only 2 (and sometimes one) screen devoted to buzztime.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:34 am 
Lord of Scaratings

cards wrote:
scar wrote:

You got to play on the last night. I played with Fshman on Friday night and we were the
only two playing that night. Tried on my Iphone last night and Fridays had their system
turned off.

Sorta ironic. I played, but was just me and Hummer, and he was heading back to Indy. So I skipped SportsIQ and went to poker with my buddies instead.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:36 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Stopped by last night. I'm going to do that until I've thanked each of the bar staff for their years of service to us trivia folks. They were they best. Then I'll move on.

Anybody interested in getting a plaque for them from us players ?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:41 am 
Lotsa Posta

scar wrote:
Stopped by last night. I'm going to do that until I've thanked each of the bar staff for their years of service to us trivia folks. They were they best. Then I'll move on.

Anybody interested in getting a plaque for them from us players ?

I'll chip in. I wasn't a regular regular, but several of the bar staff did know me and my wife, and served us very well.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:12 am 
Lotsa Posta

scar wrote:
liljol wrote:
And, whilst there was a time when I couldn't wait for F_BWW to get a franchisee here, nowadays I could GAF if there are ever any here, no thanks to the godawful, horribly high volumes of either what passes for music and/or those asinine F_UFC "events" :roll:, and, of course, BWW lag. [/color]

When we used to play at BWW Middletown KY, we constantly requested the volume be turned down. Never happened.

Once I had been off at a business outing at a skeet shooting range for a couple of days.

I brought back those yellow ear plugs you use, and distributed them to the team. About six of our team in the middle of the bar with ear plugs in on a Showdown / then 25 cent wings , Tuesday.

We could use those at BWW in Buena Park, an excellent idea. LOL

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:18 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Gogetem wrote:
scar wrote:
liljol wrote:

We could use those at BWW in Buena Park, an excellent idea. LOL

Maybe get those Bose anti-noise headphones you see on airplanes ?