New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Mellow Mushroom Louisville II
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
There are 8 Mellow Mushrooms that have BT. The corporate managers must be fine with BT so why would it be that difficult for a new franchise to get it?

BO, you know more about this stuff than I do, but I think the owner is the question here. The general manager that CARDS and I talked to probably can't make the decision on his own. I've only been in the Mellow Mushroom on Blankenbaker three times, but from what I've seen, I don't think the place has been raking in megabucks yet, and the cost of Buzztime might be of concern to them. If their margins are tight, then picking up Buzztime would be an expense that they would view as a gamble.

If you get the chance, drop by the place, and talk to them too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:39 am 
Golden Tee Master

Cloudy, cross your fingers if they are not frozen together. :lol:
Something might happen soon with Mellow Mushroom.

Post subject: CARDS, do you know something...?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

cards wrote:
Cloudy, cross your fingers if they are not frozen together. :lol:
Something might happen soon with Mellow Mushroom.

CARDS, do you know something about the Mellow Mushroom on Blankenbaker that's going on? I thought we had a good meeting with the manager, when we visited the place. Are there some new developments that make it look like they are going to put Buzztime trivia in the place?

p.s. I'll cross my fingers once they thaw out. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:12 am 
Golden Tee Master

Cloudy, I stopped by over the holidays and the manger came over and told me that they were planning on adding it sometime after the first of the year. I will believe it when I see it, but the fact he came over and talked about trivia without me bringing the subject up was a good sign. I stopped in again last Friday, but the manager was too busy to talk. I will ask again the next time I come in for lunch. I have one small doubt about them adding Buzztime. Otherwise, it will be great to play somewhere outside of Old Chicago and B-dubs.

Post subject: Sounds promising...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

cards wrote:
Cloudy, I stopped by over the holidays and the manger came over and told me that they were planning on adding it sometime after the first of the year. I will believe it when I see it, but the fact he came over and talked about trivia without me bringing the subject up was a good sign. I stopped in again last Friday, but the manager was too busy to talk. I will ask again the next time I come in for lunch. I have one small doubt about them adding Buzztime. Otherwise, it will be great to play somewhere outside of Old Chicago and B-dubs.

Good work, CARDS...! It sounds promising to me.

Something that concerns me is that their location of TVs in the bar area is not the best for a group of people trying to play trivia as a team. I don't think the NTN sales person will care about that, and will just get the owner's signature on the contract, and leave. It might be a good idea if some of us could give the manager some advice before NTN installs it.

I'll try to stop over there sometime this week to see what's going on.

Post subject: Sounds promising...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

cards wrote:

Good work, CARDS...! It sounds promising to me.

Something that concerns me is that their location of TVs in the bar area is not the best for a group of people trying to play trivia as a team. I don't think the NTN sales person will care about that, and will just get the owner's signature on the contract, and leave. It might be a good idea if some of us could give the manager some advice before NTN installs it.

I'll try to stop over there sometime this week to see what's going on.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:05 am 
Golden Tee Master

I don't believe televisions will really be an issue. People seem to watch them only when local games are on and then ignore them any other time. The real issue there is service. They seem to turn people over every other week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:23 am 
Centenarian

The MM here in Montgomery just got Buzztime a couple weeks ago. It's a fairly small restaraunt compared to some MMs I have been in. Only one tv at the bar but they got the tablet Playmakers. No tvs needed since the questions are on the tablet. Takes some getting used to but we played there last week and enjoyed it. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:29 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

cards wrote:
I don't believe televisions will really be an issue. People seem to watch them only when local games are on and then ignore them any other time. The real issue there is service. They seem to turn people over every other week.

It will be interesting to see if they actually put Buzztime Trivia in, and how it works out. What they really need to do is to put two big screen TVs on the wall at the open end of their "U" shaped bar. However, I think this is impossible, because of the significant built-in decorations they have there. It was poor planning on their part not to place TVs there, where people sitting at the bar could easilly watch stuff on TV. They must have had an interior decorator, who didn't realise that folks at the bar are likely to want to watch basketball and football games, while they down their brewskis, instead of sitting there marveling at the beautiful decor.