New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Soda wars:Buffalo Wild Wings switching from Coke to Pepsi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:24 pm 
Centenarian

If you visit BWW like I do maybe this affects you or not. Doesn't really bother or affect me because I usually have a water with lemon when I eat out because I'm against paying for soda at restaurants. But I saw this story on nbcnews.com and thought it was worth posting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/soda-wars-buffalo-wild-wings-switching-coke-pepsi-2D11733542

Post subject: Re: Soda wars:Buffalo Wild Wings switching from Coke to Peps
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:45 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

googie wrote:
If you visit BWW like I do maybe this affects you or not. Doesn't really bother or affect me because I usually have a water with lemon when I eat out because I'm against paying for soda at restaurants.

Huh.

Doesn't effect me because I usually have beer when I am there because I am for restaurants having buzztime and having paying patrons.

Plus I like beer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:59 pm 
Centenarian

I don't like the taste of beer or any alcohol actually. I have a small glass of wine the same time each year. New Year's Eve and even then I have very little. Alcohol just seems to leave a bad taste in my mouth and I've never found any that doesn't. But I don't go to BWW for the food or drink, just Buzztime. If I had another decent option I would go some where else.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:09 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

cheeburger
cheeburger
cheeburger
chip
chip
no coke. Petsi.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:42 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

googie wrote:
I don't like the taste of beer or any alcohol actually. I have a small glass of wine the same time each year. New Year's Eve and even then I have very little. Alcohol just seems to leave a bad taste in my mouth and I've never found any that doesn't. But I don't go to BWW for the food or drink, just Buzztime. If I had another decent option I would go some where else.

Do you realize that if everyone who played Buzztime did this the company would be out of business very quickly? Do you at least tip your bartender for your water?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:54 pm 
Himself Fodder

Bonzo wrote:
Do you realize that if everyone who played Buzztime did this the company would be out of business very quickly? Do you at least tip your bartender for your water?

Hmmm... perhaps that's why our Hooter's server didn't seem to like it when me, Spotes, and Chode closed the place down while each nursing a Dr. Pepper.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:03 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Bonzo wrote:

Hmmm... perhaps that's why our Hooter's server didn't seem to like it when me, Spotes, and Chode closed the place down while each nursing a Dr. Pepper.

I think she missed me.
I suspect her scope mount was loose...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:05 am 
Golden Tee Master

Beer is healthier for you than sodas. :P
No sodas for me. If I am not ordering a drink, then I have something to eat. I have to choke the food down at BW3. :x

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:49 pm 
Centenarian

Quote:

I just posted this because I thought it was relevant to some, would be funny to most because of what was in the article which was at other places other than nbc news. It was apparently a pretty big shocking announcement in the restaurant/fountain drink business.

I thought this was particularly disgusting, "Buffalo Wild Wings CEO Sally Smith told The Associated Press that she was shown several dishes that might be a hit with the chain's customers. For example, Doritos as a crunchy topping for wings or tenders, or even just offering potato chips as a side dish." Sounds terrible, but I didn't realize that my ordering habits would come under scrutiny just for talking about a change in the soda fountain and that I drink water over beer and soda. I don't need to be reminded that places drop trivia or go out of business.

I have personally lost four locations I called my home site. Two went out of business, (Damon's & Montana Grille) and two dropped it because they couldn't see the profits they made, (Elk's Lodge & La Finca's Mexican Restaurant). La Finca's dropped trivia four years ago and I haven't set foot in that place since the last time I played trivia. I remember our group basically begging the owner to keep it and actually bringing in debit card statements from our whole group showing how much we spent an it was more than he spent on it but he still dropped it so even if an owner makes a profit they still will get rid of it because they don't want to commit to a two year contract and that is what he said he was committing.

By the way at the time there were regularly 6-8 in our group playing, and none were regular beer drinkers, we all ordered food and always tipped. In fact the heaviest drinker wasn't even part of our group, just a solo player called CBURG who would have several beers, play two or three countdowns then leave when Glory Daze came on.

I have been playing trivia off and on for 15 years now and I know how owners don't give two shits about their customers. I almost always order something to eat. I don't say always because there was maybe once in the last year when I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and didn't order anything other than a water.

I did tip by the way.:D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:53 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

You do realize that the money you spend there is not all profit? Your combined bar bills would have to be significantly higher than the expense of Buzztime to make it a worthwhile investment for a bar.

I don't have a huge problem with you drinking water - if you tip and order food. That would still be income for the place you visit that they would not otherwise see. It may not be enough for them to justify keeping the system though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:48 am 
Centenarian

Tolle wrote:
You do realize that the money you spend there is not all profit? Your combined bar bills would have to be significantly higher than the expense of Buzztime to make it a worthwhile investment for a bar.

I don't have a huge problem with you drinking water - if you tip and order food. That would still be income for the place you visit that they would not otherwise see. It may not be enough for them to justify keeping the system though.

I know that it isn't all profit. As I recall and I could be wrong on this, I think he said that Buzztime had offered him the first year of a two year contract at 500 per month and the second year it went up to 750 per month. When you totaled as much as we played and remember some in the group, not everyone but there people played at least twice a week and sometimes as many as four because of the location. I don't remember the exact amount but it was close to $1000 in sales a month. La Finca and Montana Grille were both local places. The Elk's Lodge is a private club, Damon's I think everyone has a story about their Damon's loss.

Right now in this area we have the choices shit, shittier, and shittiest for locations. I could go into detail about why but it really is a boring local problem. The choices are a BWW, End Zone, and RJ Kahuna's.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bonzo wrote:
googie wrote:

Maybe not everyone.
When you factor in the average 50-75 people that stop by the pub every year from out of town simply because of seeing our scores or scanning the bar rankings on BT's website, I like to imagine my meager contributions to those rankings help bring them in.
If my contributions leads directly to 50-75 extra customers per year that buy food and booze, they should throw more soda my way than John Calipari does hookers at freshmen recruits.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The B-Dubs in my area has no clue on the switch....i may need to look at the story on when it suppose to happen

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:17 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Mine is switching in January. :)