New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Buffalo Wild Wings Eagan MN
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
Chili's does allow a credit card with a chip on it. It also prints a receipt at the table.

Well, hell. F Chili's anyway since they don't have Buzztime. :lol:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:18 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I agree. At one time a site in Texas had it, but it's long gone. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
I agree. At one time a site in Texas had it, but it's long gone. :roll:

Well, hell. IIRC one of the Chili's here in Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard also had it for a lil while. :roll: :(

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:50 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

A Chili's in Beaverton, OR had BT for awhile, too. As far as I know, it was the only Chili's up there that ever had the game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:31 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2919&hilit=Ztrivia

A small write-up I did a while back on the trivia you can play at Chili's, if anyone is interested. It actually has some nice things going for it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:59 am 
Lotsa Posta

In regard to GOPHER's original post, he and I have been playing occasionally with the Golden Horde, which consists of OGEDEI, TEMUJN, and WANYE primarily, but also at times LILY, and at other times J I M and BUG, the sports maven. The group earned its local reputation as the Golden Horde by roaming around the southern tier of St Paul MN, wreaking havoc on Recent High Score pages wherever they show up. They have perhaps 10 possible destinations, and seem to hit every one of them every month.

Earlier this summer they were invited by the BWW corporate store in Eagan, for complimentary food and booze. Of course there's no such thing as a free lunch. They sat for three hours, and were asked endless questions regarding the food, the service, and, uh, the prototype combination game-zone player, order placement device, and credit card reader that Buffalo Wild Wings was deeply considering, as a 3-in-1 alternative to Buzztime, perhaps as well to disrupt a business model from which, at an average share price, Buffalo Wild Wings seems to have prospered.

Now personally speaking, if I were running more than a thousand restaurants nationwide, I would recognize that entertainment screens are not part of my core mission, and I would outsource both hardware and content. The plan does involve an outside content provider.

So the Golden Horde, through endless rounds of questions and limited game play informed Buffalo Wild Wings that BWW's food wasn't all that good, that the Horde actually do enjoy being served by apple-cheeked teenagers, and that the main draw for them was Buzztime. And that the quality of Trivia being offered on the prototype devices was by several orders of magnitude inferior to that which they were accustomed.

What difference their opinions, individually or collectively, might have made the Golden Horde couldn't say. What is known is that the Eagan BWW has restored Buzztime this week past, and that a manager there believes that business has been down owing to the hiatus.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

That's good news that BT was restored to that BWW. Now everyone in the area needs to go in there soon and prove the manager right. All players need to speak with a manager and make it known they are back because of BT.

BWW needs to know that BT is important to sales numbers.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:04 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Thank you, BUD. Today's Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Kathy Benning, chief strategy officer at Buffalo Wild Wings, has been handed her walking papers. The instigator appears to be Marcato Capital Management, a San Francisco hedge fund, which has taken up a 5% position in the company and wishes it to concentrate on its "chicken-oriented restaurants." There are roughly twelve hundred now. Marcato believes the company can pack on another five hundred locations. Two of Ms Benning's initiatives, involving pizza and taco stores, have been scaled back. Since Buzztime has been a reliable partner in this company's astonishing success, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the relationship prospers.