New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: First as Clueless, then as Farce
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:33 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I was disappointed and utterly clueless, to learn that PEANUT, a prominent player out of The Arena, in College Park PA, passed through Minneapolis last week. He played a dozen games of Countdown at the Tailgate, spread over two sessions, Thursday and Saturday, and I never caught wind of his arrival. As destitute of visitors as we are here in fly-blown country, I would have gone out of my way to shake his hand, and would have been happy to chauffeur him to meet some of the local suspects - none of whom aggregate, like bedbugs, at the Tailgate, except on Tuesday night.

Speaking of the loco suspects, Team KRISPY grouped up at B-52 this past Monday afternoon and received a cordial outreach from Tom's Bullpen in Dover DE. Team Krispy had played a couple of good games, but what else would you expect? After all, she was hosting AUVA, REVE, MICE, the lawyerly Lord Douchebag, and the illustrious JOHNL. So we won a couple games, when the bar manager called out AUVA to receive a phone call.

The phone call was from Tom's Bullpen. One of Tom's players called B-52 to congratulate us on our success, which was short-lived. We'd maybe had a top site score two quizzes in a row, and promptly dropped to tenth. Tom's Bullpen easily finished ahead of us. In the subsequent quiz, we finished 1-2: Tom's, then B-52.

Which proves, if nothing else, that grace and competitive fire are not mutually exclusive.