New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: RIP Buzztime at End Zone
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:04 pm 
Centenarian

After 20 years End Zone in Ironton, Ohio has come to an end. Also the Buffalo Wild Wings was going to drop Buzztime but was convinced to continue on a month-to-month contract seems like. Means we at least have a temp Showdown location. End Zone for its entire time always had the blue playmakers. Play at End Zone had been sporadic the last 6 months because for a brief time starting in June. Live trivia had started on Tuesdays and 1st place was $50 and that was rather profitable. Buzztime in the area has always struggled. We originally played at Damon's in Ashland, moved around a lot over the last 18 years of play. There was the first time we played at End Zone, then a brief time at the Ashland Plaza Hotel's bar called Rumour's, bounced between those two places a bit. Found a home at La Finca, a Mexican restaurant in Ashland for a couple years in 2007-08, playing a few time at End Zone when there were issues of some sort at La Finca. Then for the last ten years we have been back and forth between the two Ironton locations because of some issue/changes in management or system problems. Watching the tri-state lose locations in Ashland, Ironton, & Huntington, WV the past 20 years and nationwide probably means Buzztime won't last much longer. I'm not sure how long the contract would have been good for but management at End Zone told us that Buzztime offered a 10 blue playmaker deal for $250 a month that they turned down.

Post subject: Re: RIP Buzztime at End Zone
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Sorry to hear this, Googie. My condolences on the loss of yet another long-time location.

Post subject: Re: RIP Buzztime at End Zone
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:42 am 
Centenarian

googie wrote:
Watching the tri-state lose locations in Ashland, Ironton, & Huntington, WV the past 20 years and nationwide probably means Buzztime won't last much longer. I'm not sure how long the contract would have been good for but management at End Zone told us that Buzztime offered a 10 blue playmaker deal for $250 a month that they turned down.

Well I didn't really foresee the pandemic of Covid-19 in January exactly. I was warning people in February about it, but like other people I wasn't taken seriously. But honestly I didn't fully take it seriously and I was warning people. Mostly out of fear and knock on wood type of thing. Oh well, here it is September and it's been since March 10 I believe I last played trivia with our group. So six months on and I heard recently that the local owner that owned some of the Buffalo Wild Wings in the area had kept Buzztime out of personal appeals from our group, the owner has finally dropped it. Had Covid-19 I'm pretty sure he would have continued it. But he dropped it at the 3 locations he had it Portsmouth, OH, Ironton, OH, & Morehead, KY. I personally played in Morehead when I would head to Lexington & my local location in Ironton. As of now there are two bars in Huntington, WV that still have Buzztime and those are the closest. The Lantern & St. Mark's are the bars. But our group isn't really a bar type of group since only one of us actually drinks regularly.