New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Playmakers frozen
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:44 pm 
Precinct?

What a way to announce an event in our local pub...Playmakers Frozen! :cry:

Since Friday, October 8th, we have been frozen out. The TV monitors show the BT questions just fine, but the playmakers are stuck on the opening line. Once turned on, they will not respond to anything, including turning them off. We have tried several different machines. All show battery at 99. The BT.com site shows our location as signing off each day. The long weekend did not help matters since everyone who could possibly solve the problem, was unavailable.

Five days without trivia or QB1. I do not know about the others in our pub, but for myself, I have saved an estimated $70, not including tips, and coffees. No BT = not a dime spent.

Now we have a busted Tuesday Showdown run. We were running a fine 54th in the Platinum League. :lol: Now, we must fight it out with the pubs who never really cared in the first place.

The solution to the problem is likely quite simple. Presently no one knows, so we must wait like children staring at a daycare's locked toy box until an "adult" comes with the key. :P

Last edited by Dubious on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Playmakers frozen
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:49 am 
Octogenarian

Dubious wrote:
What a way to announce an event in our local pub...Playmakers Frozen! :cry:

Since Friday, October 8th, we have been frozen out. The TV monitors show the BT questions just fine, but the playmakers are stuck on the opening line. Once turned on, they will not respond to anything, including turning them off. We have tried several different machines. All show battery at 99. The BT.com site shows our location as signing off each day. The long weekend did not help matters since everyone who could possibly solve the problem, was unavailable.

Five days without trivia or QB1. I do not know about the others in our pub, but for myself, I have saved an estimated $70, not including tips, and coffees. No BT = not a dime spent.

Now we have a busted Tuesday Showdown run. We were running a fine 54th in the premium league. :lol: Now, we must fight it out with the pubs who never really cared in the first place.

The solution to the problem is likely quite simple. Presently no one knows, so we must wait like children staring at a daycare's locked toy box until an "adult" comes with the key. :P

I'm not sure if this applies in your case (I hope not), but that is what happens when the service is cancelled or suspended, before they come and retrieve the equipment. Maybe somebody didn't pay the bill?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:05 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Don't tell me that! I showed up at my local watering hole (Cherrys) on Sunday in time to get my Raceday picks in before the trivia portion, and NTN wouldn't come on the TV...even though it had worked the night before. The boxes were clocking. After about 30 minutes of rebooting the computer and changing the channel trivia was on, I was able to log into Raceday trivia for the last 5 questions...still got 425...wonder what I could have done for a full game. Of course, trivia's been fine ever since...so hopefully Cherrys will still carry NTN for a while...otherwise my bar tab is going way up! :roll:

scannon wrote:
I'm not sure if this applies in your case (I hope not), but that is what happens when the service is cancelled or suspended, before they come and retrieve the equipment. Maybe somebody didn't pay the bill?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 pm 
Precinct?

Scannon, I'm afraid you may be right. Playmakers are frozen, the manager is out of town, and no one does anything. :cry: