New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2794 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 112  Next
 Post subject: Trivia chain
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am 
Lotsa Posta

In the same lines as Ban The Person Above You, I'm going to start a trivia thread. Rules are simple. I will post a trivia question on here, and assign it to someone. It is the job of the assignee to find and post the answer, then post another question and new person to find the answer. Since answers are almost always searchable on the internet, no need for everyone to respond....just the person who is assigned to do so. If after 48 hours, the person hasn't responded, the original poster will post the answer and create a new question.

Here's the question: Where is the oldest Catholic radio station in the United States.

I assign MitchWolf to find and post the answer.

Post subject: Re: Trivia chain
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
In the same lines as Ban The Person Above You, I'm going to start a trivia thread. Rules are simple. I will post a trivia question on here, and assign it to someone. It is the job of the assignee to find and post the answer, then post another question and new person to find the answer. Since answers are almost always searchable on the internet, no need for everyone to respond....just the person who is assigned to do so. If after 48 hours, the person hasn't responded, the original poster will post the answer and create a new question.

Here's the question: Where is the oldest Catholic radio station in the United States.

I assign MitchWolf to find and post the answer.

KNOM is the oldest Catholic radio station in the United States located in Nome, Alaska since 1971.

tarheelinlax is next:

What former morning show host once acted in the drama "The Bold Ones: The Doctors"?

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:36 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Looks like tarheelinlax didn't reply to your trivia question. You might want to consider posting the answer, a new question, and a new person to answer it.

And hurry up....I've already thought of two more I can post here if it ever gets back to being my turn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
Looks like tarheelinlax didn't reply to your trivia question. You might want to consider posting the answer, a new question, and a new person to answer it.

And hurry up....I've already thought of two more I can post here if it ever gets back to being my turn

Answer to the last question: David Hartman of "Good Morning America"

OK this is for Cloudy:

Who has been coaching for the same time frame as Joe Paterno was as Penn State head coach?

Post subject: Manual delete of a duplicate post.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Manual delete of a duplcate post that the "ScaRatings" did not provide me with a delete button for.

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: This question goes beyond trivia...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

:D :D
MitchWolf wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

OK this is for Cloudy:

Who has been coaching for the same time frame as Joe Paterno was as Penn State head coach?

This question goes beyond trivia. It is arcana...

However, I think I've got the answer, thanks to Google and Wikipedia. Here it is:

"John Gagliardi
Sport(s) Football, ice hockey
Current position
Title Head coach (football)
Team Saint John's (MN)
Conference MIAC
Record 459–127–10
Biographical details
Born November 1, 1926 (1926-11-01) (age 85)
Place of birth Trinidad, Colorado
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
Football
1949–1952
1953–present

Ice hockey
1954–1959
Carroll (MT)
Saint John's (MN)

Saint John's (MN)
Head coaching record
Overall 483–133–11 (college football)
42–25–1 (ice hockey)
Bowls 1–0
Tournaments 4–1 (NAIA playoffs)
34–18 (NCAA D-III playoffs)
Statistics
College Football Data Warehouse
Accomplishments and honors
Championships
2 NAIA National (1963, 1965)
2 NCAA Division III National (1976, 2003)
3 Montana Collegiate Conference (1950–1952)
27 MIAC (1953, 1962–1963, 1965, 1971, 1974–1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993–1996, 1998–1999, 2001–2003, 2005–2006, 2008–2009)
Awards
Amos Alonzo Stagg Award (2009)
Records
Most wins in college football history (483)
College Football Hall of Fame
Inducted in 2006 (profile)

John Gagliardi ( /ɡəˈlɑrdi/ gə-lar-dee; born November 1, 1926) is an American football coach. He is currently the head football coach at Saint John's University in Collegeville, Minnesota, a position he has held since 1953. From 1949 to 1952, he was the head football coach at Carroll College in Helena, Montana. With a career record of 483–133–11, Gagliardi has the most wins of any coach in college football history. His Saint John's Johnnies teams have won four national titles: the NAIA National Football Championship in 1963 and 1965, and the NCAA Division III National Football Championship in 1976 and 2003. Gagliardi was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2006. With Chris Ault, he is one of two active coaches in the Hall of Fame."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I guess I now have to make up some ridiculously hard trivia question for one of my good friends on the "ScaRatings". How will I choose the person..? It has to be random, so I am using a pin wheel spinner from one of my kid's games. Here goes...

Wooooo.... It's going round and round. Now it's starting to slow down. That little pointed arrow just passed ICEMAN, and now it's sliding past TEVERETT, BrandyB, Liljol, DANTE, and MitchWolf... It just inched by CARDS, Pengwn, and a few more, but it has stopped, and the arrow is pointing at FrankC.

I hate to do this to you buddy, but here it comes.

What record lable did the Everly Brothers have their first hits on? What record lable did they switch to with a gigantic hit, and what was that hit? Sorry, that's a three question trivia question, but seeing that you are as old as I am, I think you might be able to come up with the answers. Good luck. :D

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:08 am, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:59 am 
Lotsa Posta

I hate to disagree with you Cloudy. This isn't arcana...which that word in of itself is trivia (aka, useless knowledge). I think the question was very good trivia, and with a little research on the internet, you provided a good answer.

Now, unless Mitchwolf does not agree with your reply, Cloudy you must post a question, and designate the question to someone so they may reply with the correct answer.

BTW, two new rules. First rule, I will make up the rules as I go. Ha Ha. Second rule. If after 24 hours there is no reply, the person who posted the question must either call or PM the designated responder to see if they are able to fine the answer (or at least make them aware that the question was sent to them in the first place)

adoY

Post subject: Re: This question goes beyond trivia...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

OK this is for Cloudy:

This question goes beyond trivia. It is arcana...

Oh shit, I guess I have to make up some difficult trivia question for somebody on the "ScaRatings", who has no idea that this is coming at them. I have so many good friends here, which one will I choose...? Okay, I'll choose the person randomly, by spinning a dial. Around and around it goes. It's starting to slow down now. Shucks it just barely passed by ICEMAN, then by BrandyB, Teverett, DANTE, CARDS, and a few more. Okay, it just stopped and the needle i pointing at FrankC.

FrankC, here is CLOUDY's trivia question for you.

What record lable did the Everly Brothers have their first big hits on. Then what record lable did they switch to, and what what was their first big hit on this new lable.

Yep, that's three questions, but being as old as I am, I think you will probably nail them. :D

However, I think I've got the answer, thanks to Google and Wikipedia. Here it is:

"John Gagliardi
Sport(s) Football, ice hockey
Current position
Title Head coach (football)
Team Saint John's (MN)
Conference MIAC
Record 459–127–10
Biographical details
Born November 1, 1926 (1926-11-01) (age 85)
Place of birth Trinidad, Colorado
Football
1949–1952
1953–present

Ice hockey
1954–1959
Carroll (MT)
Saint John's (MN)

Saint John's (MN)
Head coaching record
Overall 483–133–11 (college football)
42–25–1 (ice hockey)
Bowls 1–0
Tournaments 4–1 (NAIA playoffs)
34–18 (NCAA D-III playoffs)
Statistics
College Football Data Warehouse
Accomplishments and honors
Championships
2 NAIA National (1963, 1965)
2 NCAA Division III National (1976, 2003)
3 Montana Collegiate Conference (1950–1952)
27 MIAC (1953, 1962–1963, 1965, 1971, 1974–1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993–1996, 1998–1999, 2001–2003, 2005–2006, 2008–2009)
Awards
Amos Alonzo Stagg Award (2009)
Records
Most wins in college football history (483)
College Football Hall of Fame
Inducted in 2006 (profile)

John Gagliardi ( /ɡəˈlɑrdi/ gə-lar-dee; born November 1, 1926) is an American football coach. He is currently the head football coach at Saint John's University in Collegeville, Minnesota, a position he has held since 1953. From 1949 to 1952, he was the head football coach at Carroll College in Helena, Montana. With a career record of 483–133–11, Gagliardi has the most wins of any coach in college football history. His Saint John's Johnnies teams have won four national titles: the NAIA National Football Championship in 1963 and 1965, and the NCAA Division III National Football Championship in 1976 and 2003. Gagliardi was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2006. With Chris Ault, he is one of two active coaches in the Hall of Fame."

No....i was referring to Lane Kiffin's Dad, Monte Kiffin. He started coaching at the same time Joe Pa started at Penn State.

Here is what he did while Joe Pa was making his legend:

1966–1972 Nebraska (GA)
1973–1976 Nebraska (DC)
1977–1978 Arkansas (DC)
1979 Arkansas (Assistant HC/DC)
1980–1982 North Carolina State
1983 Green Bay Packers (LB)
1984–1985 Buffalo Bills (LB)
1986–1989 Minnesota Vikings (LB)
1990 New York Jets (LB)
1991 Minnesota Vikings (DC)
1992–1994 Minnesota Vikings (LB)
1995 New Orleans Saints (DC)
1996–2008 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (DC)
2009 Tennessee (DC)
2010–present USC (DC)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:30 am 
Lotsa Posta

well....now, delima. I didn't post a rule as to what would happen if someone got the answer wrong.

OK, I guess I'll apply my previous rule, and make up the rules as I go. NEW RULE. If someone gets the answer wrong, the person who posted the question must decide to either make up a new question and give it to someone, or state that the person who got the answer wrong can come up with a new question and give it to a new victim.

whatever.

mitchwolf.....tag, you're it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:38 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Now I am confused. Should I answer Cloudy's 3 questions to me and post another or should I wait for a decesion.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

Post subject: Frank, I sent you a PM, so you would know...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
Now I am confused. Should I answer Cloudy's 3 questions to me and post another or should I wait for a decesion.

Frank, I think you are next in line to answer my three Everly Brothers questions, even if you don't get them right. Good luck. :D

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Arcana...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
I hate to disagree with you Cloudy. This isn't arcana...which that word in of itself is trivia (aka, useless knowledge). I think the question was very good trivia, and with a little research on the internet, you provided a good answer.

Now, unless Mitchwolf does not agree with your reply, Cloudy you must post a question, and designate the question to someone so they may reply with the correct answer.

BTW, two new rules. First rule, I will make up the rules as I go. Ha Ha. Second rule. If after 24 hours there is no reply, the person who posted the question must either call or PM the designated responder to see if they are able to fine the answer (or at least make them aware that the question was sent to them in the first place)

adoY

Arcana...? How would these be...? What cemetary is the witer of the "Pledge of Allegiance" buried in, and what street do you have to take to get there? How about what high school he went to? I know, but I would never ask arcane questions like these. :D

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Frank, I sent you a PM, so you would know...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:05 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
FrankC wrote:

Frank, I think you are next in line after you have answered my three Everly Brothers questions, even if you don't get them right. Good luck. :D

In 1957 the brothers had their first hit with "Bye Bye Love" at Cadence Records. They swithed to Warner Records in 1960 and had a hit with "Cathy's Clown". I think that covers 3 or more questuons. I did not google. LOL, I Binged it. They were also Marines.

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:48 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

am I after Frank?

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

Post subject: Re: Frank, I sent you a PM, so you would know...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:10 pm 
Lotsa Posta

FrankC wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
FrankC wrote:

Frank, I think you are next in line after you have answered my three Everly Brothers questions, even if you don't get them right. Good luck. :D

In 1957 the brothers had their first hit with "Bye Bye Love" at Cadence Records. They swithed to Warner Records in 1960 and had a hit with "Cathy's Clown". I think that covers 3 or more questuons. I did not google. LOL, I Binged it. They were also Marines.

Frank, now it is your turn to post a question and assign it to someone to answer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:22 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

I get it! You're trying to make the most confusing forum game ever. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
I get it! You're trying to make the most confusing forum game ever. :)

Ok, here is a question for Dante. Who was the only soldier that was killed with Custer and was not mutilated by the Indians after his death and why was he the only one not mutilated?

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I pass to Dante to give a new victum a trivia question since I am away fom my laptop.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:28 pm 
Colt

Quote:
I get it! You're trying to make the most confusing forum game ever.

I'm going to guess 3, but it might be 4... Do I get to ask a question now?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:41 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

bacho wrote:
Quote:

I ban Cloudy for being fourteen feet tall.

Next movie?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
bacho wrote:
Quote:

I ban Cloudy for being fourteen feet tall.

Next movie?

This thread is being Hijacked. Help! I like to use exclamation points.

Frank

Post subject: Where is this thread going...?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
This thread is being Hijacked. Help! I like to use exclamation points.

Where is this tread going...? :?

Image .......... Image

Let me try to get this train wreck back on track, but I fear this may be like trying to herd cats.

Herding cats...? This is what you guys and gals make me think of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

Okay, YODA, this trivia question is for you. What did U of L basketball player, Wiley Brown, lose at a restaurant, while the team was on it's way to the National Championship? (No, it wasn't his virginity.) :lol:

p.s. Wiley was one of Louisville's best. This guy gets two thumbs up from me.

p.s. YODA is a die hard University of Kentucy fan, so I doubt he will know the answer to this question. That is unless he asks his wife, CLARBR, who is a die hard University of Louisville fan. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:14 am 
Lotsa Posta

According to this source

http://books.google.com/books?id=rLqJDO ... &q&f=false

Page 158-159. He lost his thumb prosthesis. BTW, my wife wouldn't know it, as she is a UL football fan and doesn't have much of a love affair with basketball. Also she wouldn't remember anything about this team or the championship

I now submit the following question to Dante:

What city was the first to win all four major sports titles, the World Series, the Stanley Cup, the NBA Final and the Superbowl. Yes, we know that Green Bay won the first Superbowl, but they don't have any of the other titles. I'm looking for the first to complete all four (the answer is easier than you think).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:06 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

I can't even tell you which cities have four major sports teams (I would guess Chicago, Philadelphia, or Detroit, when pressed). So I pass. The question is now assigned to Cloudy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
What city was the first to win all four major sports titles, the World Series, the Stanley Cup, the NBA Final and the Superbowl. Yes, we know that Green Bay won the first Superbowl, but they don't have any of the other titles. I'm looking for the first to complete all four (the answer is easier than you think).

The NFL existed before the Super Bowl. Shouldn't a championship won prior to the Super Bowl count as well?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2794 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 112  Next