New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trivia chain
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:04 pm 
Lotsa Posta

zog741 wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:
What city was the first to win all four major sports titles, the World Series, the Stanley Cup, the NBA Final and the Superbowl. Yes, we know that Green Bay won the first Superbowl, but they don't have any of the other titles. I'm looking for the first to complete all four (the answer is easier than you think).

The NFL existed before the Super Bowl. Shouldn't a championship won prior to the Super Bowl count as well?

For this question I'm just counting the Super Bowl. I thought about going pre-Super Bowl years, but I wanted to come up with a quick question/answer and try to keep the thread alive and interesting. I would challenge anyone to do the reserach and come up with an answer "older" than the one I have, which is basically a city that won one of the earlier Super Bowls.

Cloudy? Answer?

Post subject: Thanks, DANTE, stick me with it...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:59 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanks, DANTE, stick me with it...

Damn, do you know how much Googling it took to come up with the answer...?

I believe the correct answer is the Big Apple. Yep, New York City.

Okay, TEVERETT, it's you turn to be in the barrel. Are you ready...? Here is my trivia question for you...

Who were the only two First Ladies to never have lived in the White House?

(Rachel Jackson would have been the third, but sadly she died after Andy was elected, but before he was inaugurated. So she doesn't qualify as a First Lady.)

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Things continue to get out of order...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
FrankC wrote:
Now I am confused. Should I answer Cloudy's 3 questions to me and post another or should I wait for a decesion.

Frank, I think you are next in line after you have answered my three Everly Brothers questions, even if you don't get them right. Good luck. :D

In 1957 the brothers had their first hit with "Bye Bye Love" at Cadence Records. They swithed to Warner Records in 1960 and had a hit with "Cathy's Clown". I think that covers 3 or more questuons. I did not google. LOL, I Binged it. They were also Marines.

Things continue to get out of order, but FrankC, another old guy, nailed all three of the answers to the trivia questions I threw at him. Way to go, old guy...! :D

p.s. I think you were supposed to make up a trivia question, and direct it to somebody on the "ScaRatings" after your correct answers. Things seem to have moved on, but I think YODA will allow you to cut in line, because you deserve to, and were still trying to figure this new thread out. Go for it. The worst that can happen is that YODA might give you twenty lashes with a wet noodle, and not allow you to go to your neighborhood Chuck E. Cheeze's restaurant for a month.

Image ............... Image

Here's a link to some Chuck E. Cheese adult entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5qfXHtkIWM&NR=1

p.s. If you didn't know, last time I went to Chuck E. Cheese's you could get pitchers of beer, and fairly good pizzas. Better yet, the kids or grandkids were no longer your responsibility, as they would run wild about the place with everybody else's. All you had to do was find them, before you went home.

Last edited by Cloudy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:08 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

That's simple Cloudy - that would be Martha Washington (capital was New York), Martha Jefferson (she died before Thomas was elected) and Anna Harrison (William Henry Harrison died before she moved in)

Question for Pengwn:

What is special about the cartoon Soup or Sonic???

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:30 pm 
Lotsa Posta

teverett wrote:
That's simple Cloudy - that would be Martha Washington (capital was New York), Martha Jefferson (she died before Thomas was elected) and Anna Harrison (William Henry Harrison died before she moved in)

Question for Pengwn:

was almost going to say "that is a subjective question", until I did some simple research. GREAT question teverett!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:58 am 
King or Queen Postalot

That IS a nice question. I had to ask the Great Google, because I thought it was some new cartoon that I've never heard of and wouldn't understand (like Aqua Teen Hunger Force)

Wile E. Coyote catches the Roadrunner. Trouble is, he's knee-high to a tumbleweed at the time

I'm going to pick on my old buddy Cloudy for the next one

What was the only British colony with its own issue of circulating gold coinage?

Note that sovereigns etc. minted overseas don't count as being issued by/for that colony

Post subject: You got the two I was looking for, but...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

teverett wrote:

Question for Pengwn:

TEVERETT, you got the two I was looking for, Martha Washington and Anna Harrison, so you WIN...! However, Martha Jefferson cannot be a correct answer. She would not have been a First Lady, because she died before Tom was elected.

Post subject: Re: You got the two I was looking for, but...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:59 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
teverett wrote:

Question for Pengwn:

TEVERETT, you got the two I was looking for, Martha Washington and Anna Harrison, so you WIN...! However, I think you might be wrong about Thomas Jefferson's wife. I'm thinking you may have confused her with Andrew Jackson's wife. However, even if you are right, she would not have been a First Lady, if she died before he before Jefferson was elected.

no big deal, Cloudy, but, can you answer the current question given to you by pengwn? If you can, please post the answer and a new question to another person.

P. S. and hurry, cause I have a timely question to ask..........
P.P.S. but don't pick me cause I'm asking.

Post subject: Oh, why do you do this to me PENGWN...?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
That IS a nice question. I had to ask the Great Google, because I thought it was some new cartoon that I've never heard of and wouldn't understand (like Aqua Teen Hunger Force)

Wile E. Coyote catches the Roadrunner. Trouble is, he's knee-high to a tumbleweed at the time

What was the only British colony with its own issue of circulating gold coinage?

Note that sovereigns etc. minted overseas don't count as being issued by/for that colony

Oh, why do you do this to me PENGWN...? Of course you know I have no idea, as everybody else has no idea about the answer to such an obscure, arcane, esoteric,
question, only known to the initiate.

However, I just copied and pasted your question into Google, and son-of-a-gun, Wikipedia kinda helped me out.

"Newfoundland 2 dollar coin"

p.s. By the way, you don't happen to be a numismatist, are you...?

Post subject: Re: Oh, why do you do this to me PENGWN...?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:29 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
pengwn wrote:

Oh, why do you do this to me PENGWN...? Of course you know I have no idea, as everybody else has no idea about the answer to such an obscure, arcane, esoteric,
question, only known to the initiate.

However, I just copied and pasted your question into Google, and son-of-a-gun, Wikipedia kinda helped me out.

"Newfoundland 2 dollar coin"

p.s. By the way, you don't happen to be a numismatist, are you...?

OK, Cloudy, very good at finding the answer. And you could agree that it was a good question. Now, sir, please ask a question to a new person

Post subject: My turn now...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

My turn now... Hmm, whom will I pick on...? Let me spin that dial again, and see who it stops on. Round and round it goes. It just passed TEVERETT, YODA, DANTE, PENGWIN, and just slid by LilJol. It stopped, and ICEMAN, it is YOU...!

Okay, ICEMAN, here is your obscure, esoteric, arcane trivia question...

This question is somewhat subjective, but I think you can pick up on it. In all of Arthur Conan Doyle's 56 short stories and 4 novels about Sherlock Holmes, what famous quote that we always hear, did Sherlock Holmes never say?

p.s. This is a cream puff question, even the picture should give you a clue. Come on buddy, I'm betting on you, and I'm guessing that you will not have to Google the answer.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:23 am 
King or Queen Postalot

What a singular thing! I was reading about Sherlock Holmes this very afternoon. Too bad Cloudy didn't get me right back with that question :(

And yes, Cloudy, I am a numismatist. Have been for 23 years, although I don't yet have any of these Newfie toonies. Less than 100,000 were minted throughout the whole series (1865-1888), so they're not easy to find, and are certainly worth more than their bullion value

However, if you're looking to buy me a stocking stuffer this Christmas . . . :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:22 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Cloudy Pengwin or all you football lovers...- this question's for you....

Alan Page, Hall of Fame defensive tackle with the great Minnesota Vikings teams of the 1970's, has had equally stellar post-football success in the field of law, rising to the position of Associate Justice on the Minnesota Supreme Court. He also has one unique connection to the Pro Football Hall of Fame itself that no other member can claim. Name it.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:49 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

teverett wrote:
Cloudy Pengwin or all you football lovers...- this question's for you....

Alan Page, Hall of Fame defensive tackle with the great Minnesota Vikings teams of the 1970's, has had equally stellar post-football success in the field of law, rising to the position of Associate Justice on the Minnesota Supreme Court. He also has one unique connection to the Pro Football Hall of Famer itself that no other member can claim. Name it.

He worked on the construction team that built the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Post subject: Re: My turn now...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Cloudy wrote:
My turn now... Hmm, whom will I pick on...? Let me spin that dial again, and see who it stops on. Round and round it goes. It just passed TEVERETT, YODA, DANTE, PENGWIN, and just slid by LilJol. It stopped, and ICEMAN, it is YOU...!

This question is somewhat subjective, but I think you can pick up on it. In all of Arthur Conan Doyle's 56 short stories and 4 novels about Sherlock Holmes, what famous quote that we always hear, did Sherlock Holmes never say?

p.s. This is a cream puff question, even the picture should give you a clue. Come on buddy, I'm betting on you, and I'm guessing that you will not have to Google the answer.

That question was "Elementary, my dear Watson."

...and I'll 'pass'.

Back to Cloudy.

Post subject: Excellent answer...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

That question was "Elementary, my dear Watson."

...and I'll 'pass'.

Back to Cloudy.

Excellent answer, ICEMAN. I knew you would know it, but what is this "...and I'll pass" bullshit? Back to me...?

It's really your turn, but I will accept, and see if I can keep this thread going.

Okay, I got my kids' little spinner thing out again. Here goes... Around and around it spins again. Where will it stop...? Oh, my gosh, it's about time it stopped here! Liljol, it is your turn to be in the barrel, and here is your trivia question.

Everyone knows that Jim Brown was an All-American football player for Syracuse Uninversity. However, he was also an All-American in another sport as well. Many say that Jim Brown was far more outstanding in this other sport than he was at football. What was that other sport?

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Excellent answer...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
Excellent answer, ICEMAN. I knew you would know it, but what is this "...and I'll pass" bullshit? Back to me...?

It's really your turn, but I will accept, and see if I can keep this thread going.

Okay, I got my kids' little spinner thing out again. Here goes... Around and around it spins again. Where will it stop...? Oh, my gosh, it's about time it stopped here! Liljol, it is your turn to be in the barrel, and here is your trivia question.

Everyone knows that Jim Brown was an All-American football player for Syracuse University. However, he was also an All-American in another sport as well. Many say that Jim Brown was far more outstanding in this other sport than he was at football. What was that other sport.

<--hells bells, what a way to start a Friday :roll: ... Lacrosse.

<--who to choose :?:..how about...brandyb? :)

The question is a regurgitation of one used in what has become my more or less regular live trivia Wednesday evenings, following the usual NTN Buzztime banging away at Pacific Beach Bar & Grill.

Of the 44 U.S. Presidents, how many have the first name John?

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:01 am 
Centenarian

5, don't forget Coolidge :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:07 am 
Lotsa Posta

Brandyb wrote:
5, don't forget Coolidge :)

Good Catch. Now, you have to keep the chain growing. Post a question and assign it to someone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:00 pm 
Centenarian

Pengwn, what does the Ishihara test, test for?

Post subject: PENGWN might be asleep...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Brandyb wrote:
Pengwn, what does the Ishihara test, test for?

Brandy, PENGWN might be asleep. Perhaps, you send him a PM to let him know that he is up to bat. :D

Post subject: BrandyB, PENGWIN is in Antarctia, and ...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BrandyB, PENGWIN is in Antarctia, and his computer link to people in the northern hemisphere may be interrupted by a terrible wind storm that is ripping at his tent. He may also be out leading a waddle of penguins to the sea. Either way, he will not be able to reply to your trivia question. I would suggest that you address your question to somebody else to keep this thread moving along. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:10 am 
Moderating Hobbit

You all should take out the "assigning" part and just make it whoever answers first. It would go a lot smoother. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
You all should take out the "assigning" part and just make it whoever answers first. It would go a lot smoother. :)

Plus, this thread would not just be between the same four or five people.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:10 am 
Centenarian

Anyone want to answer?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2794 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 112  Next