New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shenanigans or Something Else?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:24 pm 
Himself Fodder

http://www.buzztime.com/site/29899/game ... gameid/107

Post subject: Re: Shenanigans or Something Else?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:28 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I like forensics too.

I might guess he got hold of the manager password and started exploring what was possible with it, and found an on-demand BT game available.

It might have been familiar enough or easy enough to put up some perfect scores, or there may have been a way to preview it before scheduling it into the system.

He might be able to keep running it to accumulate more perfects. Easy enough to spot in the location's game history. No location anywhere should have any BT after February 27.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:46 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

In the same vein (?), BWW of Jeffersontown Kentucky also has a BT game on its books on February 29, after the official end of BT. A player there has 10,000 in it as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:48 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I did a quick survey of the 12 top trivia locations on Buzztime's list of such.

I did find stray BT games on 3/11 and 3/18, and the one on 3/11 was found at two of the locations. Between 100 and 200 players are reported for these games, as well as for the stray one on 2/29 at Jeffersontown.

The stray one on 3/29 reported by BO above is reported as 11 players. Possibly more than one location but not much more than one.

Possibility of random glitch? ok. Worth keeping an eye on.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:57 pm 
Lotsa Posta

If I recall, there were a couple of random Late Shift games that played during the day when something weird happened (on an individual site basis). The reason was that the system used to default to a BT game, but BT had been replaced with LS. Hence, the system defaulted to a LS game in the middle of the day. Perhaps this is the other side of the coin? The system thought it was showing a BT game, but players saw an LS game, then the system recorded it as a BT game?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:33 pm 
Himself Fodder

whales wrote:
The stray one on 3/29 reported by BO above is reported as 11 players. Possibly more than one location but not much more than one.

Possibility of random glitch? ok. Worth keeping an eye on.

It could be more than one location or it could be there were four non-P+ players at that same location along with the seven registered handles.

But what are the odds that a random glitch involving a game supposedly dead for a month just happened to occur at a location with a long history of various shenanigans?

But there is obviously a BTT issue still pretty rampant on the west coast. The games on 3/11 and 3/18 seem to be west feed wide and simply appear to be a LS game probably categorized incorrectly as there is no LS game listed in that slot.

Here is another problem. http://www.buzztime.com/site/7961/gameh ... gameid/107 Pretty cool when you can score >10k in BTT when the game isn't even supposed to exist any more!

Plus these actually count as qualifying games! http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... =60&stp=av By the way, is this player someone who has recently changed their handle?

I'd be very interested to see if there is any other site in the east feed that has played BTT after March 2nd.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Here is another problem. http://www.buzztime.com/site/7961/gameh ... gameid/107 Pretty cool when you can score >10k in BTT when the game isn't even supposed to exist any more!

Seems like the games from 8:00 - 9:30 P.M. could have been Countdown games misidentified as BTT games. :(

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:47 pm 
Himself Fodder

liljol wrote:
-BO- wrote:

Seems like the games from 8:00 - 9:30 P.M. could have been Countdown games misidentified as BTT games. :(

But there are cases where the player is answering 20Q's in those games!

BO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:57 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I'm actually in the area of ESM Lakewood CA. I could drive over and have a look at what's going on over there. Let you know.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:25 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
http://www.buzztime.com/site/29899/gamehistory/gameid/107

I honestly do not understand your point. Please explain.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:02 am 
Himself Fodder

FrankC wrote:
-BO- wrote:
http://www.buzztime.com/site/29899/gamehistory/gameid/107

I honestly do not understand your point. Please explain.

The last game of BTT was 2/28 yet on the linked page you'll see that one game was played in at least one site on 3/29 with perfect scores being recorded. A CD game would have been scheduled to air at that time so it's not like a game of LS was mis-categorized or something. Lastly, when this oddity is found at this oft-discussed site, it begs further study.

BO

Post subject: status at Lakewood California East Side Mario's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The site mentioned above as having games of BT of 20 questions is Lakewood California East Side Marios

I visited and had a look Friday 30 March. The site is "disconnected". "Only members who have logged in at this site before may log in now" or some such. Since I had not, I could not. I was also disallowed from creating a new account on the spot, because it hangs upon "checking availability" of the chosen username and then returns to the message above.

My only option was to sign in as a guest. So I did.

The 30-minute blocks between 8:30 and 10:00 consisted of a 15-minute game of Late Shift and then 15 minutes of ads and screen freeze. So I did not get to see how it became possible to double up to 20 questions in that same time frame on the earlier nights.

But I have a theory. What if you rebooted at the perfect moment after the 15-minute game, it gives you another 15-minute game and adds it all together because the scoring mechanism is expecting a reset interval of 30 minutes (because it is countdown that is supposed to be running in those spots). It seemed like all of the 15,000 to 20,000 scores and 20 question games were before 10:00 on those nights. It would have to be something bizarre.

At 10:00, things at ESM became more conventional. I played two games of Late Shift at 10:00 and 10:15, and saw national rankings. My play will not show up in the records because I could only play as a guest.

Post subject: Re: status at Lakewood California East Side Mario's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:43 pm 
Lotsa Posta

whales wrote:
The site mentioned above as having games of BT of 20 questions is Lakewood California East Side Marios

I visited and had a look Friday 30 March. The site is "disconnected". "Only members who have logged in at this site before may log in now" or some such. Since I had not, I could not. I was also disallowed from creating a new account on the spot, because it hangs upon "checking availability" of the chosen username and then returns to the message above.

My only option was to sign in as a guest. So I did.

The 30-minute blocks between 8:30 and 10:00 consisted of a 15-minute game of Late Shift and then 15 minutes of ads and screen freeze. So I did not get to see how it became possible to double up to 20 questions in that same time frame on the earlier nights.

But I have a theory. What if you rebooted at the perfect moment after the 15-minute game, it gives you another 15-minute game and adds it all together because the scoring mechanism is expecting a reset interval of 30 minutes (because it is countdown that is supposed to be running in those spots). It seemed like all of the 15,000 to 20,000 scores and 20 question games were before 10:00 on those nights. It would have to be something bizarre.

At 10:00, things at ESM became more conventional. I played two games of Late Shift at 10:00 and 10:15, and saw national rankings. My play will not show up in the records because I could only play as a guest.

ESM has a firewall issue that ESM refuses to fix. The only way that you can log on to an account is if you have an established account that existed locally before the firewall installation date. Also, if you had visited and played before that date with an account registered elsewhere, it would allow you to login. In addition, the local players have been playing elsewhere as BT is messed up at the site. Those same players have been talking to management, but have gotten nowhere.

Post subject: Re: status at Lakewood California East Side Mario's
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

gogetem wrote:
ESM has a firewall issue that ESM refuses to fix. The only way that you can log on to an account is if you have an established account that existed locally before the firewall installation date. Also, if you had visited and played before that date with an account registered elsewhere, it would allow you to login. In addition, the local players have been playing elsewhere as BT is messed up at the site. Those same players have been talking to management, but have gotten nowhere.
same thing with BT, words to them isn't going anywhere on the issues withe the split and the Spotlight glitch.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 pm 
Gettysburg

Everything Bob said is correct. We have tried to get managements help but to no avail. If one looks at my buzztime stats on 3/26 i have two games with over 15000 points. It was two games that say Late Shift but are indeed being scored as BT. We did reboot it and the two scores were combined. This was done as a goof to see if they would really post and grab some attention. The premium games run as scheduled but the rest of the night this problem continues. Most players have moved to the Black Angus across the street to play. Shame though, ESM is a great place to play.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:11 pm 
Himself Fodder

Thanks for the info west coasters. Now hopefully we can gain some insight as to why the above east feed site got this lone BTT game.

BO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:38 pm 
Lotsa Posta

The scenario always returns to FSPLIT.