New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Trivia Bar in Louisville
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:29 am 
Lotsa Posta

No, I kid thee not.

In a world, where trivia bars are closing. There stands one bar, daring enough to have Buzztime trivia.... (like my deep Movie Preview voice?)

http://www.buzztime.com/site/38732

30 Red is not a bad neighborhood pub. I've been there twice, both on Friday nights, and it is always packed. Problem is, Friday nights are reserved for kareoke, and my wife won't let me sing. But it has her favorite beer on tap, and it is about a mile from where I live, so we are probably going to make more trips there. The beer is always good, the service is great, the food (so far) is excellent, the staff and the owner love to chat with their clients, and the trivia boxes actually have a charge.

Because of the layout, the food menu, the location, and the staff, I would highly recommend this location for afternoon and early evening trivia. It would make a very good pre 7pm team trivia bar. However it will be controlled by the locals in the evening, especially during U of Ky / U of Louisville football games, Friday Kareoke or Saturday live band nights, so I doubt it would work as an evening team trivia place (not to worry, there is another pub called Bungalow Joes that would be perfect for evening team games).

If anyone wants to visit this place, give me a haller, and I'll buy the first round.

Post subject: Re: New Trivia Bar in Louisville
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:01 pm 
Golden Tee Master

I went there once for lunch. Food was ok, but did not have the hamburger. Owner said was it was the best thing on the menu. Owner seemed nice, but bartender bit my head off when I came in. There was about 5 people in the place and only one sitting at the bar. I came in and sat at the bar. Bartender asked if I wanted anything to eat and I said I was thinking about it. She goes well don't you know in a very pissed off voice. I almost got up and left. But, I decided to stay in spite of her unprofessional remarks. Owner came around and talked to all the customers. I thought that was a good sign. Doubt if I will go back. Sort of out of the way for me and I have no desire to play trivia with a band in the place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:06 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

I'll try to check iin out on one of my visits home in the near term future.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:31 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Buzztime has 30 Red Sports set up in the central time zone. Louisville is in the eastern time zone. There is someone who plays under XXXMEN racking up perfect scores on the lunch game. I am not going to point out who I believe it is since I have not seen it happen in person. Someone who talks to Buzztime on regular basis should get 30 Red changed to the eastern time zone. That will put an end to this situation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

cards wrote:
Buzztime has 30 Red Sports set up in the central time zone. Louisville is in the eastern time zone. There is someone who plays under XXXMEN racking up perfect scores on the lunch game. I am not going to point out who I believe it is since I have not seen it happen in person. Someone who talks to Buzztime on regular basis should get 30 Red changed to the eastern time zone. That will put an end to this situation.

Okay, who is it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:38 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
cards wrote:

Okay, who is it?

Apparently ROGUE got so mad he moved to Louisville and changed his name.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:21 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

cards wrote:

I saw XXXMEN on the local leader board at BWW Stoney Brooke when we were there Friday, Cards.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Why don't you guys just tell your idiot friend to stop being an enormous fucking douchebag?

Last edited by lewser on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:03 pm 
Golden Tee Master

scar wrote:
cards wrote:

I saw XXXMEN on the local leader board at BWW Stoney Brooke when we were there Friday, Cards.

I saw it also, it is one of two people. I'm not going to say who without knowing for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:05 pm 
Golden Tee Master

lewser wrote:
Why don't you guys just tell your idiot friend to stop being an enormous fucking douce bag?

I would, but these days I play more on the road and very little in town. Played with Dante this weekend for the first time in over a month.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:22 pm 
Golden Tee Master

cards wrote:
lewser wrote:
Why don't you guys just tell your idiot friend to stop being an enormous fucking douce bag?

I would, but these days I play more on the road and very little in town. Played with Dante this weekend for the first time in over a month.

Oops, played with Scar too. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:02 pm 
Centenarian

Two different usernames but same display name. Same date, same site, same time, and same scores from what I see. Both accounts have small amount of P+ points.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:10 pm 
Golden Tee Master

HoopScoop wrote:
Two different usernames but same display name. Same date, same site, same time, and same scores from what I see. Both accounts have small amount of P+ points.

Last 3 times XXXMEN has played at 30 Red they have had 3 straight perfect games. Note time on some lunch games are after 2:00 EST. Buzztime just needs to reset 30 Red to eastern time zone.

Last edited by cards on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:15 pm 
Himself Fodder

cards wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out. The thing is, if FSHMAN wasn't so blatant about gaming the system, it might not have been discovered. But as usual, he takes it way too far.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:35 am 
Lord of Scaratings

lewser wrote:
Why don't you guys just tell your idiot friend to stop being an enormous fucking douchebag?

Well I for one live 420 miles away nowadays, and I don't know who it is for sure.

But even if I did, he is my friend, and that is way more important to me than him exploiting flaws in BT's software.

And also, he is one of the best BT players I have ever seen, and absolutely doesn't need to resort to any shenanigans. I think he must get a kick out if.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

scar wrote:
lewser wrote:

Well I for one live 420 miles away nowadays, and I don't know who it is for sure.

But even if I did, he is my friend, and that is way more important to me than him exploiting flaws in BT's software.

And also, he is one of the best BT players I have ever seen, and absolutely doesn't need to resort to any shenanigans. I think he must get a kick out if.

So, FSHMAN plays at Bungalow Joe's everyday and then goes to 30 Red Sport Saloon and changes handles and plays repeat games. SCAR, I wouldn't expect you to discontinue being friends with someone over Buzztime, but I'd at least admit what he is doing is really fucking lame. Doing it once or twice just goofing off or seeing if you can is one thing, but doing it all the time is pathetic. If he is as great of a Buzztime player as many as you say he is, all he is doing is making people doubt that and everytime they see his name it will be assumed he is cheating.

Maybe he could give a shit what anyone thinks... that's fine. I just think it is very,very weak.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I don't care if he is the greatest trivia player whatever, he is still a fucking moron. I don't care if he gets a kick out of it, it makes no difference to me. He will now always be in my fucking douchebag list. And since he enjoys switching handles, to be cute, I will lump any score out of Louisville as tainted. I would expect the people that run tournaments, Dingo Cup and Sci Files things to act accordingly and ban teams from the area. All because one person they all seem to like, is a cheating hack. Nothing he does can be trusted, including participating in any tournament.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:45 pm 
Lotsa Posta

To be honest, although I suspect him, we don't know for sure if it is FSHMAN who is doing this or what he is doing to accomplish this. We can't lay guilt on someone until we know what is going on. Again, I do suspect him, but I can't say it is really him doing it, or what the motivation is.

Also, to lay guilt on an entire city for the actions of one person isn't very fair. For the most part, he plays before evening games. I have see him play some evening games, but most of his antics have been during lunch time and afternoon. To invalidate any scores that come from Louisville simply because of one guy's actions sounds, to me, rather narrow minded.

It seems to me that Buzztime's action of forcing guests to have a default name would be (perhaps in part) because of his actions, where he would sign on as a guest and use names such as F GOP, F BUSH, and other negative names. In part, I blame Buzztime's actions on him, and am thankful that Buzztime did find a way to stop him from placing political comments all over the city. It was getting old and somewhat embarrasing to see F this and F that all over the city. It is a shame, though, that all have to suffer because of his actions.

Please don't feel negative of Louisville trivia players as a whole just for one person's actions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

People have invalidated the scores from the Repeat Feed since day one (recaps stating congrats to so and so, blah blah bkah) Hell, the Sci-Files Tournament sponsored by BOD and Buzztime wasn't going to include west teams until I bitched. So, I will continue to invalidate scores until they get their own house in order.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

cards wrote:
Buzztime has 30 Red Sports set up in the central time zone. Louisville is in the eastern time zone. There is someone who plays under XXXMEN racking up perfect scores on the lunch game.Someone who talks to Buzztime on regular basis should get 30 Red changed to the eastern time zone. That will put an end to this situation.

Whenever there is a switch to daylight savings or switch back to standard time there are always a few bars left behind, an hour different than their neighbors. I've seen a few people play three lunchtime games at the "eastern time" bar then dash to a nearby "central time" bar for three perfect scores. Why BT doesn't check timezones automatically when they daily update I don't know, but a quick call gets it corrected. Part of the problem in Arizona may be some bars on Pacific time and others on Mountain?

What would BT do if there where numerous perfect premium games every night in the Western split due to some bars being in the wrong timezone or friends from the East supplying answers? Imagine 20 perfect scores by new PP+ accounts every night. Would they unify the country or have two fresh games?

Post subject: KARP, YODA, and I will check it out tonight...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:52 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

KARP, YODA, and I will be at the place tonight, and check it out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
cards wrote:
Buzztime has 30 Red Sports set up in the central time zone. Louisville is in the eastern time zone. There is someone who plays under XXXMEN racking up perfect scores on the lunch game.Someone who talks to Buzztime on regular basis should get 30 Red changed to the eastern time zone. That will put an end to this situation.

Whenever there is a switch to daylight savings or switch back to standard time there are always a few bars left behind, an hour different than their neighbors. I've seen a few people play three lunchtime games at the "eastern time" bar then dash to a nearby "central time" bar for three perfect scores. Why BT doesn't check timezones automatically when they daily update I don't know, but a quick call gets it corrected. Part of the problem in Arizona may be some bars on Pacific time and others on Mountain?

What would BT do if there where numerous perfect premium games every night in the Western split due to some bars being in the wrong timezone or friends from the East supplying answers? Imagine 20 perfect scores by new PP+ accounts every night. Would they unify the country or have two fresh games?

First, Buzztime won't do shit because they are too stupid. It took them 8 years to delete that fucknut's accounts in Arizona, they didn't even follow their own rules for punishing that cheat! I honestly think they will never unify because they would never admit they were wrong and on top of that they are dumbshits.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:15 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
To be honest, although I suspect him, we don't know for sure if it is FSHMAN who is doing this or what he is doing to accomplish this. We can't lay guilt on someone until we know what is going on. Again, I do suspect him, but I can't say it is really him doing it, or what the motivation is.

Also, to lay guilt on an entire city for the actions of one person isn't very fair. For the most part, he plays before evening games. I have see him play some evening games, but most of his antics have been during lunch time and afternoon. To invalidate any scores that come from Louisville simply because of one guy's actions sounds, to me, rather narrow minded.

It seems to me that Buzztime's action of forcing guests to have a default name would be (perhaps in part) because of his actions, where he would sign on as a guest and use names such as F GOP, F BUSH, and other negative names. In part, I blame Buzztime's actions on him, and am thankful that Buzztime did find a way to stop him from placing political comments all over the city. It was getting old and somewhat embarrasing to see F this and F that all over the city. It is a shame, though, that all have to suffer because of his actions.

Please don't feel negative of Louisville trivia players as a whole just for one person's actions.

Let's be real... it is FSHMAN. Am I supposed to be believe that a guy who plays under FDUBYA always plays lunchtime at Bungelows right before this XXXMEN plays at 30 Red? They are both registered at Old Chicago and I do question any score out of Louisville now. If he's not cheating on Premium Games it is only because he hasn't figured out how to yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 pm 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
KARP, YODA, and I will be at the place tonight, and check it out.

Too late, I was told that BT fixed the issue yesterday.

Tolle wrote:
If he's not cheating on Premium Games it is only because he hasn't figured out how to yet.

And that's one of the reasons he doesn't play premium games, he can't game the system. Plus the fact there are actually fresh questions in premium games so he's on a level playing field. Well, actually not seeing as how there are tons of better players out there when faced with non-repeat questions.

When he starts making even a little bit of noise in specialty/premium games, then he'll have earned a shred of respect.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:22 am 
Golden Tee Master

Looks like 30 Red is now on the correct time zone. Thanks to the person that got this changed.