New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Huntington, WV bar - The Lantern
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:31 pm 
Centenarian

Not currently showing in the Buzztime locator, but I happen to see it when I was looking at Tablet Playmaker promotion.
Here it is on Buzztime http://www.buzztime.com/site/39159

I found out that they had created a Facebook page and I asked if they were indeed getting Buzztime soon. They responded with this:
"Yes, we are slotted to have the new Samsung tablets. Very excited about them. We are under construction and should be open sometime in January. I'll update this page as we become closer. Thanks for checking in!"

So this is pretty interesting, it's a bar and I have no info if they will serve food but if not I guess I will have to buy the cheapest beer available and give it away. :lol:

Post subject: Re: New Huntington, WV bar - The Lantern
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. There's one of those in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard... :roll:

http://www.buzztime.com/site/39151

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:51 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

googie wrote:
Not currently showing in the Buzztime locator, but I happen to see it when I was looking at Tablet Playmaker promotion.

I found out that they had created a Facebook page and I asked if they were indeed getting Buzztime soon. They responded with this:
"Yes, we are slotted to have the new Samsung tablets. Very excited about them. We are under construction and should be open sometime in January. I'll update this page as we become closer. Thanks for checking in!"

So this is pretty interesting, it's a bar and I have no info if they will serve food but if not I guess I will have to buy the cheapest beer available and give it away. :lol:

Let me know what the place is like when it opens.

A third H-ton site could make for a nice weekend of play. I see that the BWW has moved up in the WV rankings (which doesn't say much with 6 golds total, something LILJOL get while banging away at lunch) and I enjoyed my one visit to St. Marks (which has a couple of golds).

Besides, it someone is giving away beer, BOTFLY has a tendency to show up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
A third H-ton site could make for a nice weekend of play. I see that the BWW has moved up in the WV rankings (which doesn't say much with 6 golds total, something LILJOL get while banging away at lunch) and I enjoyed my one visit to St. Marks (which has a couple of golds).

Well, hell. Not lately. :(

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:27 pm 
Centenarian

tiefly wrote:
googie wrote:

Let me know what the place is like when it opens.

Besides, it someone is giving away beer, BOTFLY has a tendency to show up.

Well Tiefly it finally opened last week and I checked it out Wednesday night for Pastimes and Lexitopia. I wasn't really invested in the game much, I was too fascinated by the owner and asking him questions. His handle is Dirk and he plays the trivia. It's a very bare bones bar, or alternatively he's taking a minimalist approach to his business. The bar serves 6 beers on tap but is going to expand to 12 "soon", it wasn't clear if he meant a week or two or a month. The beer selection he described has a, "variety of regional micro brews, and your usual suspects of Bud and Miller." He has had a couple of nights of wine tasting and has hard liquor as well. I saw bottles of tequila, vodka, and the like but not a whole wall full like some places fell they need to have. I got the impression this guy might know what he's doing, or at least I hope he does. No food but he is shooting for a pub style menu in August or September. He wants to become established as a bar first before expanding the offerings. Besides having the tablet playmakers there is Golden Tee, Big Buck Hunter, a pinball machine, and a pool table. Bartenders were just as friendly as the owner and seemed to get that the trivia could be a draw to the bar. He told me he wants to have some prize give away's at some point for trivia play and ask me to come back even though I'm a bit of light weight drinking wise, he said he liked playing the trivia with me. I think he would love to have a regular group play at least once a night as a team like during Showdown or Playback or something. He sort of tried to recruit me I think :lol:
Hours are 4pm-3am Monday through Friday. 1pm-2:30am on Saturday and 1pm-3am on Sunday. It is 817-819 4th Avenue Huntington, WV. There is street parking and a very short distance to St. Marks also on 4th Avenue.

As a side note the Buffalo Wild Wings, the tiny one on 4th could be closing at some point by the end of the year. Heading east on I-64 towards Charleston is the Huntington Mall. No trivia site yet but that's going to change because they just broke ground for a new Buffalo Wild Wing's on the backside, they have a sign confirming it. I have heard that they were going to close the one downtown and I've heard that they weren't and operate both.